[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm from Europe but I lived in Colombia for like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: co-lgflag.gif (5KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
co-lgflag.gif
5KB, 500x334px
I'm from Europe but I lived in Colombia for like a year, ask me stuff
>>
>>66841886
Kankerop

Memes aside, did you experience culture shock?
>>
>>66842003
I had some experience backpacking in South America before so I was prepared but holy shit did it take a while to get used to living in a huge city like Bogotá.
>>
Single bump out of boredom
>>
>>66842039
You mean the absolutely shitty traffic? Yeah it really sucks.

Did you visit other places here?
>>
>>66841886
Is the third world a hellish nightmare?

Do you fuck thicc qts?
>>
>>66841886
Did you meet Shakira?
>>
>>66842222
Yeah the traffic, the noise, the pollution, the crowdedness, etc. etc.

I visited many other placesm both cities and rural areas. Medellín, Cali, Cartagena, Santa Marta, Turbo, Buenaventura, Leticia, Popayan, Neiva, Manizales, Salento, and a bunch more that I'm forgetting
>>66842245
Not really. It has a bunch of problems obviously but life is very good there. 8/10 would retire on a finca in the hills around Medellín with a Colombian qt in like 40 years.
Also yes.
>>66842249
She lives in Spain
>>
Did you try de motherfucking coke or not?
>>
>>66842340
Yeah but I'm not a fan
>>
>>66841886
1. What is the meaning of life?
2. If a bear and a shark had a fight, who would win?
>>
>>66842426
1. Passing on genes
2. Depends, do they fight in the water or on the land? What kind of shark? What kind of bear?
>>
>>66841886
Do you post in the nederdraad?
>>
>>66842591
No this is my first time on /int/ since like 2010
>>
>>66842606
Ok. I hope you check it out and stick around. I've spent the first half of this year travelling through Latin America. I also visited Bogotá.
>>
>>66841886
>I lived in Colombia for like a year
WHY? lel , and your head?
>>
>>66842716
For funs. It was awesome, most beautiful country I know. My head is fine. I went mostly because I'm a big nature fan and Colombia is the second most biodiverse country on earth. I've seen a lot of interesting wildlife such as wild jaguar, ocelot, jaguarundi (they're cute), monkeys, anacondas, hundreds of different species of birds, etc. It's amazingly diverse.
>>
let me guess

>too hot
>too crowded
>shit infrastructure in general

but you're drunk all the time so you're having fun anyway
>>
>>66842760
>Too hot

Colombia is really diverse so you can't really make sweeping statements like that. Sure in Cartagena it;s too hot but Bogotá is high up in the mountains so it's not hot at all. Medellín has the perfect climate.

>too crowded

In Bogotá, yes.

>shit infrastructure in general

Also yes.

>but you're drunk all the time so you're having fun anyway

Not really. Spend too much time adventuring to get drunk too much. Sure I drank my fair share of aguardiente and rum, but waking up at 5am to go looking for ocelots is hard with a hangover :^)
>>
>>66842760
>drunk
lol
>>
>>66842787
How did you get around?
>>
>>66842836
Domestic flights are cheap as shit, buses too but they take long. I've been on many 15+ hour busrides. More off the beaten track jeep, horseback, motorcycle or boat.
>>
>>66841886
Is the theres a lot of colombian women that are fucking amazing looking a meme, and is the dating scene there good.
>>
>>66842890
There are a lot of gorgeous Colombian women, especially in the paisa region (around Medellín). They're pretty open when it comes to sex, one night stands are pretty easy to get, but more reluctant when it comes to actually dating a foreigner in my experience.
>>
>>66842890
>tfw a Colombian cutie wanted the D but I was too autistic to notice
;_;
>>
>>66842921
>There are a lot of gorgeous Colombian women, especially in the paisa region (around Medellín)
some of them are spanish? or mestizo?
>>
>>66842878
I've done Asia for 2 months and travelling in general is hell. At one point we just didn't care and skipped several countries we planned on visiting. I don't know if bus rides in SA has the same suicide inducing feeling but I can imagine
>>
>>66842951
Mestizas mostly.
>>
Did you have a job there and if so what were you doing? Would like to live there for a bit one day desu

What's the pacific coast like (if you visited)
>>
>>66843003
In Colombia they were actually quite comfortable but the buses in Bolivia are a whole nother story. Small, cramped, drunk drivers, scary as fuck mountain roads in the middle of the Andes, roadsides littered with crosses marking places where people have died, stinky wildstock and all sorts of other shit being transported in the bus...
>>
>>66843025
Didn't have a job, I studied in uni there so I got money from the gubmint.

Pacific coast is amazing. Beautiful regions with very little tourism. Some places you actually can't reach by car, you have to fly. You can see humpback whales there in the right season which is amazing. Lots of snorkeling, surfing, scuba, etc., delicious sea food.. Loads of poverty too though.
>>
>>66843051
It's fucking Bolivia what do you expect, it makes the rest of the continent look highly developed in comparison
>>
>>66843082
Sounds good, I think I'd prefer the open ocean to the Caribbean coast.
Poverty can't be that bad, probably no worse than Asia yeah?
>>
>>66843212
Depends on where in Asia you compare it to. The Pacific coast is the poorest region of Colombia.
>>
>>66841886
Colombia is pretty based. good choice.
>>
>>66842936
>>66842921
fugg, I was born in the wrong country.
>>
File: 1341268934615.jpg (52KB, 782x528px) Image search: [Google]
1341268934615.jpg
52KB, 782x528px
>>66843671
Always remember the /trv/ maxim though
>>
>>66843212
AFAIK Asia is usually poorer, but Colombia is more unequal. So it should be about the same in the end.
>>
>>66843700
True. You stil have to be something. But if you knew what state I was end, you woud
>>
>>66841886
How many times did you get mugged, robbed?

Did you get robbed at gunpoint or knifepoint?

Did someone try to kill you due to drug problems?
>>
>>66843842
This, at least the part related to unequality
>>
>>66845442
>How many times did you get mugged, robbed?

Only once, in Medellín

>Did you get robbed at gunpoint or knifepoint?

No, neither

>Did someone try to kill you due to drug problems?

Also no
>>
Last bump before I leave for work
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.