[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Australian kids shouldn't be trick or treating or celebrating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 246456248444.jpg (52KB, 681x428px) Image search: [Google]
246456248444.jpg
52KB, 681x428px
>Australian kids shouldn't be trick or treating or celebrating halloween. It's unaustralian and has no significance here.

Why is it now trendy to be against halloween being imported to Australia?
It seems hypocritical to me.
They go on social media and bitch about it, but if I went on to facebook and said something like "We shouldn't be having fireworks on Chinese New Year. We are at risk of losing our culture to these foreign influences", these same people would call me some sort of racist nationalist. So what's the difference?

Halloween is going to be an australian holiday in the coming decades, and there is nothing you can do about it. So let everyone have their fun.
>>
>>66803641
i generally find it only occurs in wealthier neighbourhoods since they have younger kids and actually have the resources to just chuck candy at any kids.
so i'm sure you'll be safe fellow australian, where i won't. <33
>>
>>66803667
>actually have the resources to just chuck candy at any kids.

Got a pack of 15 freddos for 2.50 today. That shouldn't be an issue
>>
>>66803734
oh fuck i read your post wrong bro sorry just skimmed it. read it like you were against it when you were calling it out lmao.
yeah good on you. but once i was just relaxing in my boxers and a shirt not knowing it was halloween since i don't celebrate it, and 2 people in black morph suits came up knocking to my glass door. i was so fucking confused i closed my blinds and locked my doors and didn't leave the house till the next day
>>
File: multiculturalism590.jpg (33KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
multiculturalism590.jpg
33KB, 590x443px
>>66803641
>australians unironically think halloween is haram

top lel
>>
It's not even autumn in Australia
>>
>>66803924
>allahstralia
>>
>>66803816
>black morph suits

the fuck were they supposed to be?
>>
File: reeee.jpg (38KB, 331x451px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
38KB, 331x451px
>>66804743
FUCK OFFFFFFF YOU ARE LITERALLY ALLAHMERICA AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND NOW WE HAVE PROTECTIVE BORDER POLICIES FROM YOUR SHITSKINS AND UNDOCUMENTED SHITS DIE DIE DIE
>>
>>66803641
There are lots of Chinese here though, and Chink history is intertwined with ours somewhat. Celebrating a Chinese holiday makes some sense historically and culturally.

Halloween is just "oh that looks like fun, let's do that".
>>
File: 1467335095903.jpg (58KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
1467335095903.jpg
58KB, 938x477px
>>66804925
t.Zhang
>>
Halloween is part of your cultural heritage as settlers from Britain though. It's a pre-Christian tradition that should be reclaimed and celebrated.
>>
>social media drama
>>
>>66804925
Go back to China, please. You are destroying my only affordable holiday spot of white people where I want to experience being foreign.
>>
>My professor literally wished us happy Halloween 10 minutes ago
>Implying I celebrate an non-christian holiday
>Implying I had friends I could celebrate with even if I wanted
>>
>>66803641

Because Halloween is Irish/Celtic and therefore not an oppressed minority.

t. Devil's advocate
>>
File: file.png (582KB, 960x924px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
582KB, 960x924px
a night of spook?
>>
>>66805137
>Halloween
>non-christian holiday

Isn't it catholic?
>>
>>66806169
pretty sure it has nothing to do with christianity.
>>
File: weird australian animal.gif (1MB, 215x161px) Image search: [Google]
weird australian animal.gif
1MB, 215x161px
>>66803641
I guess it's really hard to scare australians.
>>
>>66808041
>pretty sure it has nothing to do with christianity

Well neither does Catholicism so you can't blame him for wondering.
There have always been celebrations marking the seasons and what's become Halloween was a part of that.
The papists did incorporate it like everything else so it is a part of "Allhallowtide", it's the eve of All Saints Day.
>>
Meanwhile, in fucking Taiwan...
>>
File: 2014 Halloween_1.jpg (44KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
2014 Halloween_1.jpg
44KB, 400x267px
>>66810457
Fuck, forgot pic.
>>
>>66809158
It really isn't
>>
>>66803641
>Don't eat that piece of bacon Muhammad, that's unislamic!

Literally who cares
>>
>>66803667
Is Australia a poor shithole or something? Even hicks and nignogs have the money to celebrate Halloween
>>
Halloween and Lunar New Year are the two best holidays. Everyone should celebrate them.
>>
>>66803641
>Why is it now trendy to be against halloween being imported to Australia?
Maybe because it's a dumb holiday? Give out candy to children or else they TP your house.
>It seems hypocritical to me.
>They go on social media and bitch about it, but if I went on to facebook and said something like "We shouldn't be having fireworks on Chinese New Year. We are at risk of losing our culture to these foreign influences", these same people would call me some sort of racist nationalist. So what's the difference?
Where I live, i see fireworks on chinese new year too. the fireworks are privately done by chinese students. but i have to watch them anyway, whether i like it or not.
It's similiar to halloween. the kids can do their trick or treatin if they want to... its their decision, and i just have to put up with it.
the difference is the social aspect. with the fireworks, i just put earbuds in. with children knocing at my door, there is social pressure to give them candy.
>Halloween is going to be an australian holiday in the coming decades, and there is nothing you can do about it. So let everyone have their fun.
over here october 31st is a public holiday, called reformation day. but it sounds like a bad excuse to make halloween a holiday
>>
>>66803641
Dont use facebook its american
>>
>>66805137
>My professor literally wished us happy Halloween 10 minutes ago
Ich bin in Sachsen und habe heute keine Uni.
>>
>>66803641
Why? Halloween is super fuckin comfy. Best holiday. Can't imagine going through the entire month of October not celebrating spookiness.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.