[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you opinions on Texas? Thoughts on possible independence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: download.png (3KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 227x222px
What are you opinions on Texas? Thoughts on possible independence? (Inb4 against constitution)
>>
>>66759242
funnily enough they actually pay more into the fed then they get out of it unlike most southern states, so i guess they would be a viable nation if america didn't carpet-bomb them
>>
>>66759254
Assuming peaceful independence, it'd be pretty alright. It'd be much easier for political processes especially with dealing with the border compared to currently.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 300x295px
>tfw texas' economy is as large as australias
>>
>>66759242
It should be nuked
>>
>>66759242
One of the regions with a lot of history.People might be a lil racist,but tha t makes it more unique.No independence because it would either be an US puppet state which would eventually reunite,or a Mexican puppet state that would unite with Mexico.
>>
I'd like them to be independent. It'd be better for America and better for Texas. They've been a source of constant trouble ever since their founding and I'm tired of their shit.

I'd especially like to never again have anyone associate "the South" all together like that includes them. They're geographically and historically very far from us. I'd like to never be associated with their constant racial strife which is so much worse than the rest of the South. Or their obsession with keeping their legal system shitty and corrupt and guaranteed to convict the innocent.
>>
>>66759332
Putin's got that covered
>>
>>66759385
this. texas, new england, and louisiana might be able to seperate culturally, but not politically
>>
>>66759385
I could see it starting out as basically still part of the US, but over time could be a lot more independent. There's history very largely with Mexico and Germany and more, and it could take a more European approach to that and promote more of those cultures to mix in to become it's own unique culture. It could be able to focus more and become a not shitty mix of the US and Mexico.
>>
>>66759385
No, we would never try to annex that fucking mess. I can unironically say we'd probably support the US Army with logistics and access to our territory if Texas ever tried to secede. Hell we might actually fight to keep them in the US.
>>
Now could be a good time for texas if it wanted to. The political views of the state are drifting towards neutral from where it has been and with all the political strife in the US, it could find a good chance to head towards self-determination.
>>
>>66759242
I'm not sure if can actually happen.
T. Someone who has lived in Texas all his life.
>>
>>66759605
Why not? Populist politicians certainly don't want to fight a civil war.
>>
>>66759462
Wouldn't it be better if the US balkanized for him?
>>
>>66759628
If it ever happened, it would have to be peaceful. The US would shit itself into a bloody pulp if it was a violent process.
>>
File: 1461394891190.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1461394891190.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>66759242
Please take Arkansas with you

I don't want to live in the shithole that the US becomes when you leave
>>
>>66759926
States that we share Southern culture with have a green light to come with us.

t. Southeast Texas
>>
>>66759242
It's a great country.
>country
They should really be the well-deserved independence.
>>
>>66760090
So long as we keep the Atlantic niggers out
>>
>>66760165
Agreed
>>
literally no reason for independence other than muh sovereignty
also it'll never happen
>>
>>66759423
>I've never been to Texas
>I've literally never been affected by Texas any way, but hate them just because

Okay, champ.
>>
I spent a while in Texas, I didn't think it was that great, just concrete and desert in every direction.
>>
Recently moved here from Nebraska for college.

The heat is unbearable, the people talk funny, and I want to go home. Going back home for Christmas next month, so at least I have that to look forward to.

It was like 80 F here today, I wish for death.
>>
>>66759242
our rightful clay
>>
>>66765604
kill it with fire
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.