[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting overtones of turpentine, shoe polish & emulsion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: JACKDANIELS.jpg (82KB, 951x478px) Image search: [Google]
JACKDANIELS.jpg
82KB, 951x478px
I'm getting overtones of turpentine, shoe polish & emulsion.

Explain yourself Tennessee
>>
>jack daniels black label

not my first choice lad
>>
Is this where you explain how Jack Daniel's uses corn syrup as well?

I'm all years. Sincerely, I'd like to hear about these discoveries.
>>
>>66715857
>brit drinking Jack Daniels
I'm from Tennessee and I cracked up when my sister came home from her trip from Britain. She said that Jack Daniel's is very popular in your country.
I have a bottle right next to me right now, but that's just hilarious because it's really not the top of the line kind of stuff. Plus, it's a bit overpriced in my opinion. Dunno how it's priced across the pond, however.
>>
File: IMG_4852.jpg (89KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4852.jpg
89KB, 720x540px
That's what happens when you age booze in oak barrels that are lit on fire. I personally don't care for the whole carbon scoring aftertaste myself.
>>
>>66715954
At least they're not drinking Dickel's
>>
>>66715954
Bourbon isn't very popular here, Jack Daniels is basically the only one drank despite tasting like batter acid. £25 for 70cl...not sure what that is...$32ish...
>>
>>66715954
Even in Canada they're taxed to hell. Bottle of even Jim Beam is in the low 30's. Double what it costs in most states. Can't imagine what Whiskey that's barely par costs over there.
>>
>>66715997
>>66715998
Oh, god, they're paying even more for it.
If you like it, sure, but I pay like $23 or so for 750 ml.
Fucking hell.
Also, did you know Lynchburg, where Jack Daniel's comes from, is actually a dry county?
Fucking South.
>>
>>66715954
Jack Daniel's is popular throughout Europe, usually because it's a widely available and well recognised brand.

Also, it's one of only 2 large distilleries making actual Tennessee whiskey (the Lincoln Co. Process) the other being Dickel.

As for the quality, the greatest strength of Tennessee whiskey and bourbon is also its greatest weakness, and that is its strict manufacture regulation. It guarantees a consistent product that is quality made, but also limits its range. Fact is that no matter what bourbon or tennessee whiskey you are drinking, they will always be fairly similar be ause they will always be made with mostly the same ingredients (51% corn), aged in the same type of barrel, and usually for a relatively similar time frame, always (in the case of TN) re-distilled with the same tyoe of charcoal, etc. It makes a great fucking whiskey (bourbon especially is a favourite of mine) but doesn't have nearly the range that people like to tout.
>>
>>66715997
>Jack Daniels
>bourbon
u wot m8
>>
>>66716109
Yes we know. It's always "proudly" explained in your commercials, especially the latest one about your bottle of Jack being the "postcard".

>$23 for a bottle of black label yack

Still overpriced. I pay that much for Gentleman Jack AFTER tax. Black label is less than $20 at Spec's liquor.
>>
>>66716109
Its an image thing, I've got loads of friends who like JD because its associated with certain areas of american culture...Johnny Cash...Westerns etc etc, pathetic really. I know nothing about bourbon but even i know if you have to water it down with coke it cant be too good and that blantons/makers choice must be better.
>>
File: cachaca.jpg (78KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
cachaca.jpg
78KB, 570x380px
If you're not drinking cachaça or vodka, you're doing it wrong!
>>
File: Screenshot_20161029-015753.png (466KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161029-015753.png
466KB, 1440x2560px
>>66716165
$33.79 here or $25.23 in U.S. dollars for 750mL
>>
>>66716197
Jack Daniel's isn't bourbon technically. It is made in an identical process, but then undergoes and additional distillation through charcoal that sweetens it up a bit. Once you do that to bourbon it becomes Tennessee whiskey.
>>
>>66716165
Hey, that's a good price.
Tbqh, I've never seen a Jack commercial. Maybe I don't watch the right channels or something.
Anyway, jelly that you pay less than $20 for black label.

>>66716197
tbqh I drink it straight but people don't know me for my "refined taste"
It's pretty much a meme around here, too. Hell, with all the dry counties around here, people just drink whatever they can, among with chewing copious amounts of dip. Still, it's pricey around here considering what else you could get that's similar in quality.
>>
>>66716165
>>66716109
How much is Scotch in the States? Johnny Walker red labels/Bells for example?
>>
>>66716214
Not too bad considering the import cost.
>Anyway, jelly that you pay less than $20 for black label.
That's at Spec's though. They're so cheap they're taking over North Texas apparently. You can get a 750ml of Evan Williams for $13 after tax I shit you not. Talk about a good cheap drunk.
>>
>>66715857
Jack Daniels is a triumph of marketing, in an unbiased world it would be considered low tier whiskey.

If you want to try real bourbon but not pay $50 a bottle for it, try Woodford Reserve. In the states it's around $28 a bottle and is a solid whiskey, my personal favorite bourbon.
>>
>>66716247
>I've never seen a Jack commercial

It depends on what type of TV you watch and what channels. Alcohol advertisements can not be shown on programs that have an estimated less than 70% legal adult (over 21) audience and many networks simply refuse to accept "vice" advertisements for spirits.
>>
File: Turks.jpg (6KB, 173x291px) Image search: [Google]
Turks.jpg
6KB, 173x291px
This is £15 =$19 atm. Not too bad, Matthew Mahogany said so.
>>
>>66716276
$24.83 online. If I walk into the store tomorrow I can get it for $22.94 with my Spec's member's card.
>>
>>66716276
Tennesseefag here, Johnny Walker red label is about $25 here for 750ml. More expensive than Jack Daniel's.
I'm just going off The Liquor Barn prices here, since they're pretty much spot on what I pay at my local liquor store.
>>
>>66716351
That's the best $16 you can spend IMO. I love me some Turkey and it's 43% unlike Jack and most other Whiskeys which are 40%.

Wild Turkey is the best go to bang for your bang Whiskey in America. The Canadians will tell you Canadian Club is, but that's debatable. They're both alright, but the Turkey is so cheap and satisfying you can't go wrong.

15 quid isn't that bad considering the import costs. I'd buy it if I were you lad.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161029-020925.png (805KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161029-020925.png
805KB, 1440x2560px
>>66716276
Here 750mL of JW red is $28 so just over £17

Usually American liquor prices are about half ours
>>
>>66716334
I'll probably try that, thanks for the recommendation.

>>66716284
>>66716374
Fuckin hell, wish I lived near a Spec's.
>>
If I am buying cheap shit I just buy Jim Beam White Label in one of the plastic containers. Super classy.

I tastes like shit. I can drink Red Label straight and enjoy it. Not trying that with Jim Beam.
>>
>>66716374
Seems pretty relative then, bourbons overpriced here, scotch overpriced there
>>
>>66716416
>Fuckin hell, wish I lived near a Spec's.

Don't be surprised if they open one up near you bro. They've shut out three major distributors over the last few years, buying up all their property then rebranding it for cheaper. Solid store.
>>
>>66716411
No, the Canadians won't yell you that. They are 2 different types of whiskey/whisky, one is a bourbon the other a rye. Canadian Club was destroying the American whiskey market (that's why it's called Canadian Club) but it isn't considered a very good Canadian whisky. Alberta Premium for example is a widely available and more acclaimed brand.
>>
>drinking excessive amounts of alcohol
enjoy your beer gut ;^)
>>
>>66716334
Woodford Reserve is a great choice, one of the best. You should try Buffalo Trace too
>>
>>66716453
Unfortunately they'd be opening one up in a nearby county because the baptists deemed my county to be "damp" or whatever. I can only buy beer and (more recently, thank goodness) wine.
Still, sounds like some awesome liquor prices because everyone price by Spec's named in this thread has been lower than the closest liquor store near me.
Sure hope they do, still, that'd be great.
>>
>>66715857
I dont know. To be honest, no one drinks that shit here, we just sell it to dumb tourist and yankies. Drink moonshine or some app mountain shit.
>>
>>66716468
>Canadian Club was destroying the American whiskey market (that's why it's called Canadian Club

No. That's not what I was saying. In fact the opposite. Wild Turkey is barely a notch above Evan Williams (more comparable to Canadian Club), and same price as CC, so there's no reason to buy Canadian when ours is cheaper and more readily available.

I was never praising it as a "good" whiskey, just a good bang for your buck drunk, especially if your broke. That is all, nothing more.

I'll still drink the fuck out of whatever you've got so don't think I was discriminating my northern maple friend.
>>
Gentleman Jack is 32quid here...$40...is that mental kek?
>>
>>66716564
Almost double for me, I guess it's not too bad considering the import costs.

It's much better than regular black label Jack, much more mellow, more like a bourbon than traditional sour mash American Whiskey.
>>
>>66716564
It is yes, it's $32.79 here so £22.53 and our prices are notoriously high
>>
>>66716564
Gentleman Jack is around $30 here in TN for 750ml.
I've actually never tried it. Is it at all worth it?
>>
>>66716634
It's twice as mellow and smooth as regular Jack but it's not "holy shit that's amazing great". If you've got a few more bucks to spend I'd try it out if I were you.

But like that one Aussie said, Woodford's pretty good and about the same price, at least for me.
>>
>>66716522
I agree, they are both relatively cheap spirits. I prefer Wild Turkey, but my point with Canadian Club goes back to Prohibition, during which Canadian rye became America's favourite imported liquor and was referred to as "club whisky." When Prohibition ended there were no American distilleries that could produce a whiskey to rival club whisky and it was killing the market shares, so America passed a law saying that any whisky produced in Canada had to be labeled as such. So the popular club whisky became Canadian Club.
>>
>>66716656
Ah, I have enough money.
I might splurge and try both for the hell of it.
>>
>>66716661
Oh, yeah you're right. Didn't know you were trying to have a history lesson going bro. Prohibition were the same reason so many cocktails were invented, to combat the awful taste of hooch produced by the moonshiners. Carry on.
>>66716672
Do it.
>>
>>66715997
>despite tasting like batter acid
You're just a pansy faggot
>>
>>66716755
Tastes like shit mate, waste of money. Get some Glenfiddich in you faggot
>>
I've had very expensive scotch and honestly I couldn't tell the difference between bottom shelf canadian club or something

I guess I just don't have the palate

it's weird though because I can tell shit wine from good wine
>>
>>66716816
Your mouth is broken. Scotch and rye whisky are 2 very different things. It's like saying you can't tell the difference between tea and coffee, they are in no way similar.
>>
>>66716879

what? I thought rye was a type of wheat? I know the mash mixture is different, but surely it's the same family of alcohol
>>
>>66716943
They are both whisky but one is made from rye (any amount thereof unless otherwise labeled) and the other from malted barley. Also, Scotch is heavily affected by the region in which it is made and whether or not it is a blend or single malt. Canadian rye is fruity and light whereas Scotch is smoky and peaty.

Mixing up 2 whisk[e]ys like Bourbon and Tennessee is fine, but Scotch and Canadian rye are worlds apart, sort of like white or spiced rum, both are rums, but nothing at all alike.
>>
>>66717157
...should add that "being made out of wheat" is irrelevant, some vodkas are made of wheat, that doesn't make them similar to whisky.
>>
>>66715857
Jack isn't top tier stuff. It's just cheap, so that's why it's so popular. And people assume popular means it's good.
Jack is a very average whiskey, just like Jim Beam.

If you're trying to get into bourbons and American whiskeys there are many much better ones to try.
>>
jim beam or nothing
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.