[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have a diagnosed mental illness of some sort?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: MentalHealth-HeadGraphic-250px.jpg (31KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
MentalHealth-HeadGraphic-250px.jpg
31KB, 250x280px
Do any of you have a diagnosed mental illness of some sort?

For all the positive perks in terms of creativity and intelligence, I've inherited an incapacitating OCD/GAD along with suspected bipolar disorder from my mother.

Been on a cycle of SSRI's and something else, when I was 12 due to panic attacks.

Now I am 20 and feel like I am going through a relapse with fucking severe hypochondriasis.

Fuck this.
>>
>>66648292
You tried being a normal fucking human being for once instead of "durr muh depression better spend my entire day jacking my micropenis to anime instead of trying to fix my """"""problem""""""""
>>
Perhaps not a mental illness but I was diagnosed with epilepsy about a week ago
>>
File: sad Polish froge.jpg (40KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
sad Polish froge.jpg
40KB, 550x550px
Borderline Personality Disorder (similar to Bipolar) and paranoid schizophrenia. I see, hear and feel shit that doesn't exist, feels weird and scary. My paranoia is bad too. I'm 29.
>>
>>66648332
It's not easy when your brain is fucked up, how about I will stab you and tell you not to bleed so much.
>>
>>66648332
I am one most of the time.

Don't try to be a fucking asshole.
I guess I would stop giving two fucks about it, had I not experienced palpitations, random pains and 210/110 BP spikes with unexplainable and uncontrollable feeling of fear, but you know, I kinda can't fucking control it.

I am not trying to jerk around it, I just wonder if there's anyone here, who had similar experiences just to share them, so I would feel less shite.
>>
>>66648492
>palpitations, random pains and 210/110 BP spikes with unexplainable and uncontrollable feeling of fear
I am here anon
I hate it when I cannot breath
>>
>>66648370
Do you experience mood swings?

They told me they suspect bipolar, because I have inadequate swaying of mood and confidence.

E.g. one day I may subjectively feel rediculously confident to the point I call out a random girl on the internet to hang out with me and be a total overly-confident asshole with her (got me a few good meetings desu), the other I would feel like total shit and waste of life.

It's not that I literally think like that. It's how I feel myself, it just sways all around.

I could be overly-talkative and persuasive, but then isolate myself for a while, because I don't feel like talking and feel irrelevant and worthless.

And it goes round and round.
There's nothing I can really do about that with my will.

My doc says that it would've been a clear bipolar diagnosis, had these periods not been so short.
>>
>>66648692
My mood swings are rapid, they may even change from one minute to the next, check this out http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/borderline-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20023204
maybe you have BPD.
My worst problem with my ilnesses are depression changing into mania rapidly, emotions (feels like a menstruating girl I guess), and panic attacks, paranoia, voices (mostly some weird sounds and stuff like touch on my skin, I also see shadow people)
>>
>>66648552
The thing with pains and somatic shit is that I cannot even distinguish them from the real ones.

I can't believe my own fucking body.

E.g. I had non-stop headache for a month and thought I had brain cancer, they ran every fucking test possible with no results. The pains subsided after medical evaluation calmed me, else they wouldn't stop and they were very very real.

I had similar experiences, when I thought I've had bone/liver/bowel/lung cancer. The symptoms appear and they mimic the real ones. It is really scary.

I thought I've had hypertension and obsessively measured my BP, it was constant 140/90+. I felt dizzy and as if it was terrible.

Then, I called a medic, when I was suspecting a different condition and wasn't as fixated on my BP.
He measured it just for the protocol and... It was 120/81.

It's as if my own body plays jokes on me. I can't distinguish whether I am really ill or not.
>>
Depression and need for speed
>>
>>66648928
>E.g. I had non-stop headache for a month and thought I had brain cancer, they ran every fucking test possible with no results.
Are you me?
I mean I had a headache and then the hallucinations and paranoia started so I payed for MRI because I was afraid I have a brain tumor.
>It's as if my own body plays jokes on me. I can't distinguish whether I am really ill or not.
I have sames, I'm feeling pain constantly and I don't know whether it's real or not, people think I'm a hypochondriac.
>The symptoms appear and they mimic the real ones. It is really scary
It is indeed. I wish you all best anon.
>>
>>66648816
I have no psychotic symptoms (delusions and etc), but I do have severe anxiety and/or OCD symptoms.

E.g. I've had an urge to check my shit for blood/worms/etc everytime I took a dump, I would taste my urine to check for diabetes, I would obsessively monitor BP and body temperature.

Prepared myself to die from a terminal disease.
>>
>>66649047
>y shit for blood/worms/etc everytime I took a dump, I would taste my urine to check for diabetes, I would obsessively monitor BP and body temperature.
You have this, I am psychotic but we do share some things, like this somatic pains and stuff.
I'm going to my psychologist now, once again all best to you.
>>
>>66649095
I highly suspect it is heriditary, as it turned out my mom had been hospitalized in a mental health hospital when she was 14 with obsessive fear of hurting her mother (my grandma) and obsessive washing of hands, because she assumed bacterias would infect her or grandma. Lol.

And I've red that OCD is highly heriditary and may have an underlying genetic cause.

As my doc said, my obsession with body inspection and health anxiety may not be GAD, but very well the manifestation of OCD, as I indeed do check it compulsively and obsessively.
>>
>>66649023
>need for speed
Ever tried running in the 90's?
>>
>>66649326
I already do that with motorcycles trying to kill myself
>>
>>66649297
I was hospitalized twice already, have you?
I will be back later.
>>
used to have severe OCD
>>
>>66648292
Clincal depression and anxiety. Had the first one since I was maybe 13 and it wasn't until the last year we tried a new med that really just works for me. The anxiety gtd worse when I feel less depressed, but is manageable.
>>
>>66649377
Godspeed funland
>>
>>66649386
None, but did several cycles of various anti-depressants, sedatives, various psychiatric drugs.

I manage to pull through this without showing it too much, however lately it is getting worse.

I've also ALWAYS counted numbers whenever I did something since early childhood. I've assumed 5 is my lucky numbers, so I did my useless thing 5 times.

I've even wanted a guitar with 25 frets, because 5^2=25.

Never told anyone about that, but recently red that these are indeed the hidden symptoms of OCD.
>>
>>66648351
that sucks m8, drink much?
>>
>>66648292
I'm schizoid. Hello.
>>
My gf has bipolar and has to take medication and see a therapist for it.

That shit is fucking hard to deal with sometimes. Especially when she's having an episode and seems like she's going to breakdown.
>>
>>66648292
Autism (ASD) diagnosed and suspected depression.

weed works in small amounts, alcohol in slightly larger ones.

Been crying my eyes out lately.
>>
BPD and Anxiety.
>>
I am actually interested in working in a psychiatric facility, maybe even becoming a psychiatrist.

I am curious, if you have the time:
1) Do you trust your psychiatrists? Do you think they have your best interests in mind?
2) What do you like and dislike to hear from them? Do you really hate the cliche stuff?
3) Do your meds work? Any bad meds you would advise against?
4) Do you feel your life has improved since visiting a psychiatrist
5) Any extra words of advice you wish your psychiatrists would immediately follow
>>
>>66652681
dont fall for the alcohol meme, it ruined my life
how old were you when you got diagnosed with autism if you don't mind me asking
>>
>>66652784
It helps up to a certain point.
The rest in a downfall...
Well, that was until the previous month.
Now it's coke and some crack.
>>
>>66652874
even worse possibly? lmao
that shit fries the fuck out of your brain and it's devious. at least it's less socially acceptable and available than booze i suppose.

t. been there, done that
>>
>>66648292
Just anxiety. Had to go to a therapist and take meds for a long time. Stopped going a couple years ago. I have flair ups every now and then but I mostly got some of it under control.
>>
Yep I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder and I am 99.9% sure I have borderline personality disorder but I'm too ashamed to talk about that with anyone.

I just started meds because I was actually going to kill myself, hoping it will work.
>>
>>66653016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XClvMMxBg1k
I want to find love just to spit in its face.
>>
File: 1476922768145.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1476922768145.png
37KB, 658x662px
assburger

not sure if it counts as a illness
>>
>>66649620
I have similar with number 4
>>
>>66648292
They diagnosed me with assburgers when I was 10 but I'm not sure if the diagnosis is entirely correct because I wasn't always honest during the questioning phase. I was paranoid that if I was completely honest that they would put me in an asylum.
I probably do have some form of autism though.
>>
>>66656029
I was forced into asylum twice only because I tried to kill myself (you can end up there by force also when you are a danger to other people).
Shit was crazy. It's been 10 years, time passes by fast.
>>
I have depression just like my father
>>
File: IMG_8422.png (113KB, 1547x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8422.png
113KB, 1547x742px
>tumblr - the thread

grow a pair of balls ya fuckin pricks
>>
All of man kind is born mentally ill by default
>>
>>66656518
Without neuroleptics I would hallucinate more often
t. schizo with a steady job and a gf
>>
File: nfs.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
nfs.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>66649377
cant help you with depression but try this for your speed need.
>>
>>66648292
Self proclaimed autist desu
>>
Asperger's and traces of schizophrenia

don't fall for the mental illness equals creativity meme though, my IQ is in the 80s. The healthier a person is, the more intelligent and thus creative they are.
>>
File: daniel-johnston.jpg (310KB, 1200x816px) Image search: [Google]
daniel-johnston.jpg
310KB, 1200x816px
>>66656984
>>
>>66648292
I'm a diagnosed an aspie, but i really don't consider that a disability or mental illness. To be honest the fact that i'm considered "disabled" is pretty insulting.
>>
>>66648692
>>66648492
>>66648292
You have bipolar?

Here's a question for you:

Do you ever go through periods where you experience no sexual desire, very little motivation, and you lose all infatuation you may have had for someone?
>>
>>66648292
Anxiety and ocd which is bad because it affects your concentration. But meds can work well nowadays
>>
>>66649670
Shouldn't really drink but fuck that
>>
File: mado.jpg (454KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
mado.jpg
454KB, 900x636px
Major derealization/personalisation, depression, one psychiatrist diagnosed me with BPD, another one with schizoid and that I have schizophrenic tendencies, which doesn't make any sense, I also stopped going to mental help stuff and don't take any meds because of it, it feels like a complete joke. In the end nothing will help and I have to deal with it myself.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.