[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Serbia considered part of the Balkans? Balkans are a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: serbia-map-physical.jpg (264KB, 764x1000px) Image search: [Google]
serbia-map-physical.jpg
264KB, 764x1000px
Why is Serbia considered part of the Balkans?

Balkans are a mountainous region

Here, we see Serbia has almost no mountains in comparison to their neighbours. They are not mountain people.

Sure, they have mountains in the south-East, but this region is inhabited by Bosniak Muslims , not Serbs. And in the South-West by Bulgarians and Albanians.

In their Serbian Republic in Bosnia, they occupy the north, where there are no mountains.

They may have some Serbs in herzegovina, but they rapidly dying due to negative birth rate and migration.

Is Serbia the new Hungary?
>>
>>66587281

Sorry, South-West by Bosniak Muslims and South-East by Bulgarians and Albanians
>>
>>66587281
Serbia is part of Balkans, but Vojvodina is not. Same thing with Slavonia and Croatia proper, they're not part of Balkans while Dalmatia and Istra are on Balkans peninsula.
>>
nevermind serbia why the fuck is romania considered balkan?
>>
>>66587696
this is the right question
romania is not in balkan region, geographically
they're only "culturally" balkans
>>
>>66587591

Serbs have historically been pushed north, and it continues today. Your capital was once Skopje. Like 30% of your population lives in Vojvodina, does it not?

I don't understand how Serbia is in the Balkans, when there are almost no mountains there, especially where Serbs live.
>>
>>66588158
>I don't understand how Serbia is in the Balkans, when there are almost no mountains there
Because Balkans is a peninsula. If you're refeering to Balkans mountains, then you can only find those in Bulgaria If I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>66588316

How much longer do you envision Serbs to be part of this peninsula before they all migrate north?
>>
>>66587281
ofcourse we are not part of the Balkans.We are Central Europeans,get your facts straight Davor
>>
>>66587727
Culturally is what counts though
>>
>>66588505
In 100 years we will all move into city state of Belgrade.
>>
>>66588643
Never!!
I will never leave Valjevo to the Shiptars!!!
>>
I would kill myself if I was Serbian

What an ugly fucking country

I literally just looked into the beautiful nature of Serbia and the fucking government sponsored website using 4 different images of the same zig-zag river sort of thing trying to play it off as a different location

> 4 different images of the same place

lmao

God Croatia is so beautiful for its size.
>>
>>66588709
>valjevo
we will put that city under our protectorate
become a beograđanin now and make beograd great again :DD
>>
>>66588827
Rude
>>
File: 1472954846334.png (74KB, 853x721px) Image search: [Google]
1472954846334.png
74KB, 853x721px
>>66588827
That's it Kurvatia we war you
>>
>>66588905

I'm just being honest man

I look at Vojvodina, a province half the size of Croatia and there are TWO places of interest

> Fruska Gora (a 300m mountain lmao)
> Some desert plain

Then I look at the rest of the country, there's like a canyon/zig zag river, a ski resort and that's about it.

Croatia has so many beautiful places to see, I doubt I've seen half in my whole life living here.
>>
>>66589130
Well you pretty much have 2 major zones - Mediterranean Dalmatia which looks like Italy 2.0, and inland which looks like Bavaria/Austria 2.0 but just a tad poorer, at least my experience from vacationing in Dalmatia a few times and driving through the inland en route there
>>
>>66588505
I'd guess some 200 years or so until Gdansk is Serbia
>>
>>66589259
>inb4 someone equating "Sorb" and "Serb" due to false folk etymology
>>
>>66589130
Amazing landscapes come mainly from mountains and sea. As serbs have neither there is not much spectacular to expect, but probably they'll have some nice spots around danube or forests.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.