[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the United States smarter than your country? Protip: the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

File: shanghai_2[1].jpg (140KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
shanghai_2[1].jpg
140KB, 550x640px
Is the United States smarter than your country?

Protip: the answer is yes because the United States is objectively smarter than every country
>>
Well, considering that the US is 20% black and 30% Hispanic, I would say definitely YES.
>>
File: 1421449605191.jpg (51KB, 562x730px) Image search: [Google]
1421449605191.jpg
51KB, 562x730px
>private colleges
>>
Those universities are full of asians
>>
>>66566082
There are several public schools on that list, the highest being the 4th best university on the planet
>>
>>66566014
yeah sure those ranks aren't biased toward anglo culture/universities at all amirite
>>
>>66566014
Have you studied in any of the listed universities?

>captcha: Ecole PKWY
>>
>>66566140
It was composed by the Chinese government, so no, not really
>>
File: 1475587697130-0.png (33KB, 537x451px) Image search: [Google]
1475587697130-0.png
33KB, 537x451px
>>66566129
>public
>still pays tution
>>
>>66566129
Is there a list with just public colleges?
Private colleges are kind of shit, most students basically get into debt so that their university can have the smartest people around the planet study there for free and giving them all the resources they need to do research.
>>
>>66566129
>Berkeley
>4th

TOPKEK
>>
>>66566163
>It was composed by the Chinese government, so no, not really
that doesn't prove shit that it isn't biased towards you guys m8
>>
>>66566168
calm down, Brazil, public doesn't mean comunist in the rest of the world.
It's perfectly acceptable to demand some money from those who can afford it.
Nothing government free isn't free. It's just a question of how many hands the money goes through until it gets to its destination.
>>
>>66566186
UC Berkeley is better than every single school in the Netherlands. That's not my opinion, it's the opinion of virtually every university-ranking body in the world
>>
>>66566242
>It's perfectly acceptable to demand some money from those who can afford it.
kek, no it isn't, especially when it's something that it's already funded by taxes and so essential like education
>>
>>66566242
>nothing government free is actually free
Fix
>>
File: uni rankings.jpg (86KB, 719x926px) Image search: [Google]
uni rankings.jpg
86KB, 719x926px
>>66566014
Times Higher Education World University Rankings is the only relevant one m8. Not your meme one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Higher_Education_World_University_Rankings
>>
>>66566245
topkek brah

does that explain that my country, run entirely by people educated at dutch universities, is better than you country in almost every way imaginable?

hmmm...
>>
>>66566268
Higher education is not essential in any way.
Even some basic education is not essential.
Some of the most advanced countries don't even encourage all people into higher education.
Taxations hurts everyone.
Demanding money from those who can easily pay burdens society less.
>>
off topic, but why do some unis like tokyo and johns hopkins have 'the', while others not?
>>
>people using national statistics like yu-gi-oh cards
I am not one to talk, but do people in the west do this IRL?
>>
File: 1465178969334.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1465178969334.gif
646KB, 512x481px
>>66566333
>Higher education is not essential in any way.
>Even some basic education is not essential.
yes, having a highly educated population is not essential at all, I mean who needs science, technology, industries, culture hahaha
>Some of the most advanced countries don't even encourage all people into higher education.
I can only count USA, and look how their society is shit and unequal as fuck
>>66566372
Just Americans
>>
File: Ameridumbs.jpg (804KB, 2000x1997px) Image search: [Google]
Ameridumbs.jpg
804KB, 2000x1997px
>>66566014
>Is the United States smarter than your country?
>implying intelligence can be attributed to a country
That's exactly what one would expect an Americoon to write desu
>>
t. associate's degree in ass wiping from the Gawdangitcletus State Community College WHY CAN'T I FIND AN 80K JOB WITH MY ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
>>
>>66566372
Not really, but you would too if you had something to talk about...
Then again Sudan is a colonial construction so I guess it's even harder to identify with it.
>>
How do you think, op. If russia will create similar ranking system and rate good only russian universities and a few universities from Belarus a kazahstan, would it be legit?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 570x487px
>>66566283
>A university from my country is top in this ranking, therefore this is undeniably the most unbiased ranking
>>
>>66566438
Russia has universities?
>>
File: 1400222294121.jpg (109KB, 1040x746px) Image search: [Google]
1400222294121.jpg
109KB, 1040x746px
>rankings that give points to research even though a multitude of countries split up education and research into seperate institutions
I'm sure you've heard of Fraunhofer, Helmholtz, Leibniz and Max Planck before.
>>
>>66566412
You are missing the point.
Not everyone needs to have higher education.
Look at examples like Germany that easily encourage some teens to pursue other careers than higher education. So therefore it's not something that has to be given to everyone, just the ones who are good at it.
Both the US and Germany are in a better state than most of the world.
Their societies are no "unequal as fuck" when compared to the rest of the world.
>>
>>66566577
The difference is that here you can afford higher education even when your parents are poor.

And for the record the US are unequal as shit for a developed country.
>>
>>66566577
>Not everyone needs to have higher education.
So you should deny the chance of everyone having an education and just selected a prestiged few due to muh monies muh taxes muh liberty? kek, I guess your opinion is unpopular as fuck in Portugal just like it is here
>>
>American and British aristocracy are automatically allocated positions in the most prestigious universities
Does this happen elsewhere in Europe, particularly Scandi, Italy, Span, Germany and France?
>>
>>66566726
Yeah, but "for a developed world" is like saying they came last at the Olympics.
To be up there is already good to begin with.
Also equalit/inequality doesn't bring much to the discussion.
Ethiopia is very equal because everyone starves.
>>
>>66566808
>Also equalit/inequality doesn't bring much to the discussion.
Not if you want a country with a top few controlling a mass of stupid people like the USA
>>
>>66566792
nope, education is affordable towards everyone in those places
>>
>>66566014
>he fell for the Shanghai ranking meme
>>
>>66566785
We don't deny education to anyone.
That's why there's a thing called scholarships. Hence way I've been saying "those who can pay for it, should". Also not everyone is born with enough traits to reach higher education, etc.
The only "prestige" involved is being smart and hardworking. If you are, and can afford it, pay and get in. If you are, and can't afford it, don't pay and still get in.
>>
>>66566014
>>66566283
Guess why only English-speaking countries have the worlds "top universities"? Right, because English most useful and important language in the world and therefore attracts tons of foreign students. It has nothing to do with Americans being intelligent, since most of their university students come from other countries.
In other words: if your universities weren't Englisch-speaking, they would be at the botom of the list.
>>
>>66566792
It's ironic because the US deliberately abolished nobility during their founding, and now they're the worst place in the western world in terms of upper class preserving their own power and privilege. Even the remaining European thrones aren't as powerful and only exist for decoration and tradition anymore.
>>
>>66566851
Again, like it's any different in Ethiopia.
The difference is that "the mass of stupid people" is fed, clothed, has a car, house and has money to spend at Christmas.

What's better? Everyone starves or some eat and some eat yachts for breakfast?
>>
>>66566920
>That's why there's a thing called scholarships.
Yes and you know how scolarships are earned in the USA? Literally just a really really selected few get those m8. And the rest go for banks to pay the tuition
>The only "prestige" involved is being smart and hardworking.
So those that aren't smart/hard working simply shouldn't even be given a chance to try it? Because you know if you are born dumb you are dumb for the rest of your life, therefore you should be forced into shitty jobs and shittier wage
>>
>>66567009
>>66567009
>Everyone starves or some eat and some eat yachts for breakfast?
Yes those are the only options hahaha, It's impossible to live in a country where everyone has decent standards and education, inequality is always a must hahaha
>>
>>66566998
Fantastic point
>>
>>66566316
but it's not, nl is a irrelevant eu subregion meanwhile usa rules the world
be realistic
>>
>>66567029
I'm not defending the US system, am I?
I just criticised it for the same reason: people get into debt so that a few from around the world study for free and get all the resources they need. Are you being dense on purpose?
What I defend is that a reasonable tuition is not too much to ask to those who can afford it.

And no, those who proved to not me smart and hardworking in basic education should not be given a chance at higher education? Why should they be?

Should a person who couldn't make it past regionals be given a chance at the Olympics?
Should a person with a disability be given a spot at the normal Olympics? I mean, it's not his choice he is disabled same way it's not a dumb person's choice they are dumb.
>>
File: eagle-219679-640.jpg (103KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
eagle-219679-640.jpg
103KB, 640x426px
>you will never be a wealthy young hotshot studying at a prestigious ivy institute
>instead you went to mickey mouse university in your joke home-country

Why couldn't I be born in the greatest country on earth?
>>
>>66567116
No, those aren't the only options.
And yes, inequality is always a must.
Not everyone can be bosses. Not everyone can be working at the assembly line.
>>
>>66567199
>what is Bocconi?

There're good uni in Italia...
>>
File: 20160707-2220-1-.jpg (117KB, 620x461px) Image search: [Google]
20160707-2220-1-.jpg
117KB, 620x461px
>>66567195
>And no, those who proved to not me smart and hardworking in basic education should not be given a chance at higher education? Why should they be?
>Should a person who couldn't make it past regionals be given a chance at the Olympics?
kek, so a person that can't a girl up to their 20s is a failure for the rest of their lives and can never ever change their ways. That is why everyone that hasn't had the discipline up till the 20s will never ever have and should be denied the chance to change their ways and deemed to be shit for the rest of their lives. I mean it's not like in sports/olympics there are examples of people breaking patterns and barriers
>>66567255
>And yes, inequality is always a must.
você não é português né?
>>
>>66567410
Yes, they can be given a chance, they go back to basic education and then to higher education if they prove themselves. This can't be so hard to understand. Climb the ladder.

And yes, I'm Tuga.
Assembly line makes a mistake, one shitty piece comes out, you return it.
Engineer makes a mistake, production stops for a couple of days.
CEO makes a mistake, hundreds lose their jobs.
So yes, inequality is always a must.
>>
next post who attends those unis

hint: its curries, chinese and jews
>>
>>66567523
>they go back to basic education and then to higher education if they prove themselves.
oh so they have to go back like 10 years in the education system instead of just proving themselves at university simply because
>muh taxes
>muh liberty
>muh meritocracy
great system you got there
>inequality is always a must.
yes if you are on top, why not amirite haha? It's their fault the rest was born poor and not smart as me, that's why the government shouldn't even give chances for them to climb the social degrees, and hence why they shouldn't tax me more for believing they can change, because they won't they are poor and stupid! hahaha
>>
>>66567189
Because they have 20 times more people than we do, subhuman frog.
>>
>>66567698
10 years back in education?
What are you talking about?
They have to go back 3 years at most. To prove they have the basics to got to higher education.
Not because of anything except practicallity and logic. Climb the ladder. Basic education is free, so the chance is right there, for everyone.

You're implying too much, Dracula.

Inequality is necessary because not all jobs have the same degree of importance. And it's only normal you give those jobs that are more important to more capable people.

We already established money shouldn't take a part in it if you're poor. Why bring it up again and again?

If you're born dumb it's just bad luck. We can't put someone who is dumb runnin things because he'll ruin it. Sometimes to even smart people are good enough.
That's why I called for the logic of "you don't put people with disabilities running besides able people".
>>
>>66566283
>Oxford
>Better than Cambridge
Fuck off mate
>>
>>66568148
it's simple m8, I will cut the chase since I am tired of this shit, that much inequality will only make people, especially poor people, to lose hope and segregate themselves, when you give them more more barriers in systems, simply because to no damage an ideology of a ruling class, It will only cut the efficiency of a society in converting human capital in productivity. Hence the USA, which literally segregated culturally entire ethinicities into poverty simply because they were made for it, and because people believe they were made for it. Having a high education doesn't necessarily imply in being a CEO or getting top carrers, some people might prefer having stability and a lower pay instead of adrenaline and a higher pay. Inequality is undeniable, cause people are indeed different, but it shouldn't be at the degree where you lose faith in people to the point of making them lose time of their lives or forcing them at a point or another. Higher Education should serve an ideological point of getting more people to have a higher quality of life and literally pursuing a higher technological/cultural stand point, and people shouldn't be denied the possibility of that due to poverdom or stupidity, learning should be an achievement for a better humanity/country. And people shouldn't be denied of that simply because of the greed of some
>>
File: ME-Blog-1.jpg (16KB, 664x404px) Image search: [Google]
ME-Blog-1.jpg
16KB, 664x404px
This is how college exams in USA looks
JUST
>>
>>66566531
Those are the cold hard facts m8.
>>
为什么Yale大学是第十一?

应该在前三名就对了。
>>
>>66567779
No it's because you're just shit at being a real country you fatlard.
>>
so baiting is the only way to talk about education?
>>
看来前市名是99.99%
后十一道二十是95%

Percentiles
>>
File: 1463953394337.png (97KB, 508x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463953394337.png
97KB, 508x600px
>>66569439
baiting is the only way to any serious discussion in /int/
t. /int/ pro
>>
>>66569314
Says the country which is literally the worst in Western Europe and being a Caliphate at rates that would make ISIS blush.
>>
>>66566014
hope trump gets in. hed objectively show how smart you are to the rest of the world
>>
>>66568644
>bringing poor again
Damn, you are dense.
We already established that we both agree money shouldn't be a factor on social mobility. And you are still bringing it up!

Stupidity/dumbness whatever is nothing that can be done about other than trying to better it at basic school. You can't hope to work well in higher education if you didn't go through basic education. If you get past basic school, congrats, you enter higher education. If you didn't go through basic education, either try again, or go do some menial job. Simple. It's denied for people who don't get past basic education because it's a waste of time. People are more likely to fail higher education if they don't complete basic education. We had a system in Portugal of trying to skip corners and it ended up creating pockets of people who just couldn't make it in college, embarassed themselves, embarassed their peers, embarassed the institution, wasted money, both theirs and tax payers' and filled positions of worthier people simply because they didn't made the logical climb.

I'm saying that inequality is necessary. If you are criticising the LEVELS of inequality, it's a different thing.

And again, I repeat myself constantly here, people shouldn't be denied access to education based on poverty. They should be denied access to higher education because they don't have the tools or haven't yet proven to have the tools to tackle higher education. Where do they get them? Basic education. Which is free! For everyone! And offered to regardless of your dumbness!

They are denied out of stupidity because you can't have a person face more complex teachings if they havent mastered the basics.

But seriously, bring money up one more time.
>>
世界有26,000大学。
每过有5,000 accredited 大学。

算一下---

Ranking:

20/26,000 = 99.95 (global scale)
20/5,000 = 99.6 (national scale)
>>
>>66566014
>Americans
>smart
LMAO
>>
>>66569618
>complete listing of universities in the entire world
http://www.webometrics.info/en/node/54
>complete listing of four-year universities accredited by US Department of Education
https://nces.ed.gov/
>>
>>66569512
>hur dur

Typical unsecured and agressive dutch "people". Please leave this board, peasant.
>>
>>66569618
>*美国
>>
>>66566987
This, also
>what is brain drain?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.