[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hanging out at friend's house, watching The Last Samurai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: The Last Samurai_2.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Samurai_2.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
>hanging out at friend's house, watching The Last Samurai
>scene where Algren wakes up to Taka nursing his wounds
>my friend goes "i'm guessing that's the love interest?"
>turns out he's right (pic related)
>first thing to come to my head is the ASSHURT from the chinks on /int/ when they saw this movie

So chinks, how assblasted were you when you saw this movie?
Why is hollywood so right about the beta asian meme?
>>
>kill a man
>take his wife
>still get cucked because you're raising his kids
>>
nobody give a shit, most slept halfway the movie anyway
>>
>>66560820
>the beta asian meme

Tbqh, they were pretty alpha.
Too bad they just ran into machine guns and the betas won...
>>
>>66560860
I thought it had a good plot tbqh

I really didn't understand why the guy went through all that trouble at the end to " preserve the way of the samurai" if Japan just ended up going Western anyways
>>
>>66560820
What I'm annoyed about is the fact that Americans changed the guy the story is based on to an american when he was french.

It's nothing unusual but still it was no big deal to let it that way
>>
>>66561953
In master and commander they also changed the bad guys to French
>>
>>66561953
Not only that, but they romanticized samurai way too much.
Reality is that they were just butthurt that they'd lose their power to the actual military and couldnt cut people down in the streets for looking at them wrong anymore.
>>
>>66560820
>first thing to come to my head is the ASSHURT from the chinks on /int/ when they saw this movie

r/asianmasculinity gets really triggered whenever this movie gets brought up, granted it's historically inaccurate as hell, but they only care about white dudes fucking 'their' women
>>
>>66562904
The bad guys were French in the original novel though, weren't they?
>>
>>66560885
Honor.

Honor is not about rationality or success, it's about adherence to rules and traditions,
>>
He went home anyway, so it didn't matter.
I know the white savior trope is bad, but people should be more concerned with how much Hollywood misinform people. Samurai hating guns is the worst fucking meme

>>66564076
>but they only care about white dudes fucking 'their' women
Sounds familiar, huh?
>>
>>66564237
>The Far Side of the World is the tenth historical novel in the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian, first published in 1984. The story is set during the Napoleonic Wars and the War of 1812.In Gibraltar, Captain Aubrey receives another mission, to sail HMS Surprise to protect British whalers in the Pacific Ocean from USS Norfolk.
>>
>>66565373
>I know the white savior trope is bad
why ? i like it t b h
it's true we are saviors
>>
>>66565373
>Sounds familiar, huh?
>implying I'm /pol/
>>
File: jake.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
jake.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>>66563470
There's also that

>>66562904
I.. didn't know that
>>
>>66560873
if betas win they're the alphas now, that's how it works
>>
>>66560885
it wasn't really about that, it was about going too fast and disregarding culture. it's kind of all bullshit tho desu, samurai were just thugs with government authority backing them, like every other warrior-class. they got pissy because they lost power.
>>
This is one of my favorite movies. It is romanticized, but that's ok. Nobody would care if it was a romanticized movie about knights and chivalry.
There are even some good philosophical ideas that the movie brings up.
>>
>>66560820
This movie is a weeb's wet dream. I remember years ago when /k/ first went to shit, weebs would always bring this movie up and romanticize war, only to get BTFO by real servicemen from around the World explaining how there's nothing romantic about war, followed by said weebs heads fucking exploding in disbelief.
>>
the fighting scenes were better than Rurouni Kenshin live action
every movie Sony does is crap
>>
Imagine how butthurt people would be if this movie was made today
>>
>>66560820
>assblasted
?
>>
>>66560820
>>66560839
>>66574540
>>66574589

Are you upset that no-one had taken the bait?

I thought it was decent Hollywood fare tbqh. Might watch again
>>
I was fucking furious
>>
>>66574753
How is this bait you dumb fucking mong. This is a common complaint about the movie, which as a Hollywood film is alright until it dives into every weebs fantasy. It was like watching a Spike Lee war movie only with weeb shit.
>>
autism
>>
>>66574753
As an Asian guy I'm triggered. I only date Mexican girls, but if I ever had a daughter I would move to an Asian country. There's no point to raising a kid just so she can become a cum dumpster for horny white nerds.

Thousands of years of history and culture to be reduced to the white man's sex toy. Pathetic.
>>
>>66574896
Seems you are the one with sore butt lol
>>
>>66574965
Or vote Hillary. All my relatives in the US will vote for her
>>
>>66575014
There is absolutely no difference between a horny conservative redneck and a horny progressive white college kid. They both just want to fuck Asian women all day.
>>
File: American '''''history'''''.jpg (21KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
American '''''history'''''.jpg
21KB, 340x340px
>>66565713
>Americans would get too assblasted about being villains in a movie
>make the villains the country that gave them independence
>make the heroes the country that the villains gave them independence from
>>
the movie literally was dances with wolves: weeb fantasy maximum

i wonder how asshurt native americans were when that movie released in 1990
>>
File: baby-main_2822031a.jpg (33KB, 409x595px) Image search: [Google]
baby-main_2822031a.jpg
33KB, 409x595px
>>66574965
>>
>>66575050
It is too late. I accept my fate as being society's outcast. But I believe the victory of the left will make it such that we will win. Trust me, being an Asian here is hard shit. Either white men see you as a sextoy for them or you are just a loser asexual nerd
>>
>>66575075
>because brits don't get assblasted when they're the baddies in our films

Nigel pls. Even Jezza knows this.
>>
>>66575094
t. self-hating Asian boi or sexpat

I love America and I would die for this country, but the one thing I refuse to do is provide fetish tools for some of my fellow citizens. If you want to act out your sexual fantasies so badly you have to resort to "ethnic" Asian women because you're so scared of creeping out white women, just get a fucking sex doll instead.
>>
File: JulesBrunetAlone.jpg (10KB, 251x480px) Image search: [Google]
JulesBrunetAlone.jpg
10KB, 251x480px
>>66560820
The guy was Jules Brunet and he was about 1m85.
Pay respect Hollywood when you choose the actors
>>
File: 7192lljzkzL.jpg (185KB, 2000x1215px) Image search: [Google]
7192lljzkzL.jpg
185KB, 2000x1215px
>>66575204
>>
>>66560885
He just felt guilty about killing injuns so he wanted to preserve traditions.

It's a fun movie but silly when you think it through, in reality samurai were warlords harsh to their own people.
>>
>>66575204
He's not wrong. Asian Americans deserve to be raped or emasculated t bh. That is what you get for living there. among the Jews.
>>
>>66575081
Our Natives don't give a shit about anything like that, just like they don't care when an American sports team has a name/mascot which represents them in a manner white SJWs have a problem with.

Only the stereotypical "1/32 native blood" whites have a problem with shit like that. Full blooded natives have had far worse treatment than some shitty Hollywood film could ever bring them. They don't care.
>>
>>66575266
Honestly I believe Plato was right when he said society have to be ruled by philosopher Kings and be divided up into castes.
>>
>>66575081
well, i googled it and the results vary
http://nativeappropriations.com/2010/07/im-a-true-indian-now-i-finally-saw-dances-with-wolves.html
https://www.quora.com/What-did-Native-Americans-think-of-Dances-With-Wolves-back-when-it-was-released
>>
>>66575309
Like asian Americans, they had been emasculated too much to care
>>
>>66575352
Plato was a philosopher (and a fruit) though. of course he meant that HE would rule and the others obey
>>
>>66575352
pretty edgy opinion coming from a monarchist
>>
>>66575406
Pretty much. Not to mention with their reservations isolating them from the rest of the country, where they're free to do pretty much whatever the fuck they want (quite literally), they don't care what the white man does anymore, so long as they're left be.
>>
File: 1465206304_1433930271297.gif (2MB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
1465206304_1433930271297.gif
2MB, 500x209px
>>66575156
Nah we just take the good bits from you shitty films and turn them to our favour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPK5KDCGF7g
>>
>>66575418
Why is he a fruit? Look at the common people today. They are too dumb, too irrational. The scholastics are idiots for praising and kissing the ass of reason.

We need an authoritarian society to mold the thought of the people to the good.

>>66575452
Platonism is dope
>>
>>66575309
you mean you didn't ask
>>
>>66575540
That is quite different from asian Americans.

Asian American females accept that they must become white. The males accept that they are nerd Virgins
>>
>>66575587
>Nah we just take the good bits from you shitty films and turn them to our favour.

Not really since Americans can accept this small loses when in the end of the film, just like in the real life. Cornwallis surrenders and 9/10 Americans actually learn that the French saved our asses. You won that battle, we and the French won the war.

I already know where this is going, there are no brakes.
>>
>>66575624
Well I didn't want to say, since I'm sure I was going to get baited with racial remarks once I revealed my identity but, I'm 100% Comanche, and I can tell you right now, we don't give a fuck. We have bigger problems to worry about, just like ANY ethnic group does, these minor bullshit things aren't problems.
>>
>>66575591
Let me give an example of authoritarianism that works.

Look at Capitalism. It's origins are in the Protestant Work Ethic. This ethic states that if you don't work, you go to hell. This is because by its standards, your wealth is the measure of whether God choose you to be saved or not. So in this view, if you are poor, God hates you. Rich, God bless you. You are not to give to charity, fuck the poor. Money goes in the business to generate more money.

The theology of Protestantism also makes this easy to adopt, it states that you cannot do anything to be Saved. You are but totally depraved. Unable to turn to God, God makes you turn to him. This logic entails predestination and a look at Calvin and Luther reveals this. They both deny free will.

So the logic of protestantism is that you have no freedom at all. God is in control. And this made the world progress.
>>
Didn't Japan love the Last Samurai because it showed a white man converting to their 'superior' ways?
>>
>>66575591
>Why is he a fruit?
their culture i suppose: athenians had teen male lovers and were buttsexed in their childhood too

everything else you wrote is just kek. there will be no human king to be like God and act for the common people, no matter how well instructed and wise he is. you're just daydreaming and /his/crossposting
>>
>>66576116
Delete this. You know democracy is a failure
>>
>>66560839
Algren isn't really cucked considering the children of the man he killed loved him like a real daddy.

So he basically kills the man, takes his wife and his kids.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (244KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
244KB, 600x800px
>>66560820

>Why is hollywood
>Watching hollywood

Plebs gonna pleb
>>
>>66574965
idk man
in Canada at least Asian guys are becoming more respected/Asian girls not being seen as 'just' sex toys or whatever.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.