[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your country face brain drain, int? Shit, from my group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

Does your country face brain drain, int? Shit, from my group in uni, 4 lads have moved to the West already. And I am not even a programmer, I am a mechanical engineer.
>>
>The average wait time for people with serious illnesses in Puerto Rico is now 1-2 years to see a doctor because they're leaving to the mainland U.S. in droves.

Be glad with what you've got, buddy.
>>
>>66559917
Feels good that our medicine education is not accepted in most of western countries and our doctors rarely move.
>>
We're suffering brain overflow. Someone's got to cut steel and run the registry, lads.
>>
We have so much brain overflow here, even a master isn't enough to guarantee you a job anymore. Fuck all these clever foreigners coming here to compete with us.
>>
>>66560223
>>66560379
Capitalism, lads. It's beneficial for capital to import brains from other countries to have more educated people to compete each other lowering the salaries. But it's still better than Russia. I mean, I have to give away 3/4 of my salary to rent 1 room flat here, new Nike sneakers cost like 1/4 of my salary, decent new car is 6-8 of my salaries. I am not even talking about comfortability, safety, medicine, etc.
>>
>>66560223
>>66560379
These
>>
No, this country is full of bourgeois with nice diplomas who despise ppl like me, the most arrogant and obnoxious go to USA but we have still plenty
>>
>>66560643
This is why I love /int/ to be honest. Everywhere else you go on the internet, in particular /pol/ and news facebook pages, people won't give their honest opinion of their country because everything is so embroiled with politics. Its a breath of fresh air when someone from Russia is able to say this. I know it sounds lame, but I dunno it's nice.

Out of interest, where have the guys from your uni left to?
>>
>>66559707
Yep, I moved here from the whitest country on Earth.
>>
>>66560731
Byelorussia?
>>
>>66560731
Argentina?
>>
>>66560731
nigeria ?
>>
Yes, almost all the people in my student hall moved to another country after graduation, it's pretty normal for STEM students with good grades here
>>
>>66560806
Natürlich.
>>
>>66560643
>new Nike sneakers cost like 1/4 of my salary

So don't buy Nike sneakers.
>>
Every smart person I knew left to UK, Germany or Denmark.
I'm lonely.
>>
>>66559707
Yes since the Muldoon Era. Most of them go to Australia, and there are so many kiwis in Australia that we are basically Australia's white Mexico
>>
The brain drain is regional. If you're highly educated the only jobs are in helsinki.
>>
>>66560945
>white
>>
>>66560945
Yeah this. It's really only the highly skilled people though. Our job market is just too small for people who really want to be successful.

London is also pretty popular for IT jobs, but Australia is the easiest destination.
>>
>>66560715
>Out of interest, where have the guys from your uni left to?
Czech Republic, USA and Canada.
>>66560840
>>66560925
>tfw your country is not in EU so you could move anywhere you want in Europe with no efforts
>>66560916
I buy them at discount or I buy fake Nike. Former is still kinda expensive, but sometimes you can find something really cheap with 50%+ sale.
>>
>>66561038
living like that sounds pretty sad desu.
don't you want to move somewhere else?
>>
>>66560664
You wait... New Zealand cannot be a good place for an accountant unless you are genetically gifted.
>>
>>66559707
I work at a tech company and we have a bunch of Russians and Ukrainians.
>>
>>66560987
>Maori
>White
Topkek
>>
>>66559707
Pretty common among educated non-theists since the country went full-durka in the last decades.

It's one of my goals too. ;-;
>>
File: 1425324897784.jpg (81KB, 678x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1425324897784.jpg
81KB, 678x1000px
>>66559707
Situation in Russia seems really bad...
>gf is Russian, got a great diploma from the best uni in Moscow
>she now and then tells me about her friends from uni: "she is in the US, that guy is in the UK, she is in Munich, she in Norway..."
>joke about if anyone at all still is in Russia, she said nearly no one and if they all work for Gazprom
>mfw

Hell, the other day we had an party from my IT company and I ran into a group of qt programmers that all were Russian girls.
>>
I can not wait to graduate, I'm leaving this shithole at the speed of light
>>
>>66561055
>don't you want to move somewhere else
I want, but I wanna get job experience first to become more valuable for Western companies. Then I gonna send my CVs massively to vacancies from the Western job hunting sites, also to Singapore. Also gonna pls DV lottery. If this doesn't work, I would go through Australia 189 visa or it's analogue in Canada, ExpressEntry.
>>
>>66561273
Yes, from IT literally everyone leaves. Engineers leave too massively, but it's more difficult for us to do it. Imagine what would happen if we have war or so, Syrians would be remembered as meme then.
>>66561223
Sometimes I think about it. People leave shit countries so they are becoming even shittier without educated people. I feel sorry for that. On the other hand, wasting your life trying to fix that shithole is idiocy.
>>
>>66560643
>new Nike sneakers cost like 1/4 of my salary
>decent new car is 6-8 of my salaries

How does that even add up?
I work like 3 hours for new Nike sneakers but would need like 16-18 saleries for a somewhat OK-ish car. (Golf, Opel Astra or what ever)
>>
>>66561430
Well, my salary is 40k roubles. Nike costs like 8-10k roubles. Car would cost 200-300k roubles, it would be Lada Granta or Renault Logan or so.
I know that in USA cars are very cheap on the other hand so I guess it depends on state regulations or something like that.
>>
no, we are instead faced with the scourge of stupidity importation
>>
>>66561491
You face both that and brain overflow 2bh
>>
>>66561482
300k Rubles is only $4800. You can't even come close to getting a new car for that price. The absolute cheapest new car I know of in the US is $12,000.
>>
>>66561563
What we get in reality is low skill immigration, largely from Latin America but also increasingly Asia. They often do the jobs that people born here don't want to do. It skews towards low wage, menial labor.

But we also get a lot of highly skilled immigrants that we tend to be able to absorb just fine because there is a shortage of skilled or specialized labor.
>>
>>66561659
If Americans don't want to do work paying jobs and don't have the qualifications to do high skill ones, what do they do? Just smoke pot and play videogames?
>>
>>66561608
Lada Granta costs 6500 euro here.
>>
>>66561659
>but also increasingly Asia
I remember reading that Asians get a University degree more than anyone else in America and are only surpassed by foreign born Asians by a few percent. How is there so much low skill immigration if ~60% of Asians go through tertiary education?
>>
>>66561401
>Sometimes I think about it. People leave shit countries so they are becoming even shittier without educated people. I feel sorry for that. On the other hand, wasting your life trying to fix that shithole is idiocy.

My thoughts exactly.
Other than that, I think I'd be completely okay with my life if this wasn't an Islamic country. I mean I wouldn't even mind a low income if I lived in somewhere like South America, Russia etc. Islam is the main reason why I (and people like me) want to leave. I know I will have a decent job here, yet money can't make you "happy" when there's no freedom of thought.
>>
>>66561701
The European market has a much wider range of subcompact cars than the US does.

Like how much would a base model Ford Focus cost in Europe? What about a Fiesta?
>>
>>66561712
Older Asians and southeast Asians.
>>
>>66561608
Compare it with our salaries. Average salary in Moscow is 400-500$, in Russia it's 300$.
>>66561659
Yet your retarded immigration laws literally make people come illegaly. It's very difficult to get H1B visa, they are issued only in 100k per year and issued mostly for ITfags. And another option is DV lottery. You would be surprised to know how many Russians in construction sites and so have engineering and medicine degrees. I know a guy who is electric engineer who works as a salesman in a music shop in California who is illegal.
>>
>>66561774
>freedom of thought
Russia has no more of it than Turkey. If you say anything "unpatriotic" or say something bad about orthodoxy (or the same islam in our Muslim regions) you would be shunned by bydlo. You can go to prison for blasphemy here. Putin and Erdogan are twins.
>>
>>66561871
Lots of people get in on visas other than H1B. That's just the most generic pool. It helps immensely if you're from a western country. My boss is Australian and is here on an E3 visa. It's a totally separate pool and the quota is never filled, so it's basically a guaranteed visa. Plus, the green card process for them is only like 2 or 3 years.
>>
>>66561950
Haha, at least nobody attempts to beat you if you eat in Ramadan. :^)

It's even prohibited to talk about "evolution" or "Darwin" in Universities. Yes, "universities". (Well, not yet legally but you may get censured/fined due to "insulting religion/values") The government also supports/funds anti-evolution conferences.
>>
Absofuckinglutely
>>
>>66559707
Yes, and that is a very good thing as it gives us the oportunity to go live in a better place.
>>
>>66561973
Most of those visas are only issued to specific countries like the TN for canadians, and besides
the H1B is still an absolutely retarded system, having the bulk of your ""skilled"" immigration being regulated by a lottery is idiotic.
>>
>>66562274
This.
If USA copies Australian/Canadian system of point tests it would give them skilled immigrants and would give us possibility to move to the land of immigrants.
>>
>>66560643
Because if already educated workers come it's beneficial for government and business: government didn't spend money on their education and at the same time gets additional taxes so it's pure profit, business can pay him less and get comparable results.

The Lakers here are native population, because they have to compete with foreigners who are ready to work for lower wage.
>>
>>66561871
Average salary in moscow is 900$ though.

Median is 800$.
>>
>>66559707
for silicon valley yes
>>
>>66559917
Almost nobody with any skill stays here either. Everyone moves to the bigger metros because there's a lack of jobs here.
>>
>>66559707
What are the top destinations where russians move?
>>
>that Russian anon with "C__Data_Users_DefApps" image names creating Russia-hating threads and spouting bullshit every day
I hope at least you get paid for that.
>>
>>66570016
USA, Canada, Germany, France, Israel.
>>
Can't wait to move.
>>
>>66570154
>France
Never heard about Russians in France, I would better name Britain.
>>66570019
Lol, it's a windows phone file name, my files look like that too.
>>
We have a real lack of unskilled workers here.

But nobody wants to hire Muslims / Africans here because they are below unskilled workers.
>>
>>66570898
I doubt there are more than one Russian posters like that.
>>
File: Russians in Europe.png (28KB, 365x630px) Image search: [Google]
Russians in Europe.png
28KB, 365x630px
>>66570898
>Never heard about Russians in France
There are more Russians in Australia than Britain.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.