[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On my daily walk to the pharmacy the following thought occurred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: lips[1].jpg (261KB, 916x610px) Image search: [Google]
lips[1].jpg
261KB, 916x610px
On my daily walk to the pharmacy the following thought occurred to me:

Romance languages are melodious and seek harmony centralised around the vowel.

Slavic languages are rough, informative and they are consonant-oriented.

Germanic languages are in between these two, structurally oriented and use a somewhat rough and limited scope of consonant-vowel-consonant blocks. Only High German tried to shift towards a Romance quality to their standardised (also a typical Germanic trait - hostile dialects) language.

Hence naturally Romance languages are the best suited aesthetically, for music and the arts.

Italian is hands down the pinnacle of all what is Romance. It is the most sublime, refined and soothing to the ears of the cultured man and barbaric swine alike.

French combines Romance melody with Celtic wit and originality, read: "let's write this word completely different as it should be spoken, and add a lot of silent letters just for visual esthetic's sake".

English is informative and mercantile, but has some aesthetic quality. A quintessential mixture of Germanic and Romance.

>I haven't drunk a single drop of alcohol yet when I wrote this. Does it make sense?
>>
Slavs still carry a lot of the traits considered early Germanic: they too have hostile dialects, they too consider these dialects actual languages and hate with vehemence every neighbour that thinks the same about his own dialect.

Yet Slavs also acknowledge a trait that is essentially Roman, and this includes the Romanised Celts and whatnot ("Dacians" etc): it is necessary to focus on a standardised language that will unite us all. Hence the name "slavic". A force that drives to unity.

To compare: it didn't take long for all the Romanised Gauls to decide that they should focus on a centralised language, in this case French, and to diss all local dialects. The demeaning term "patois" for dialect is still witness to this. In less than 2 centuries the standardised language, originally the Paris dialect, was freely adopted by all. And if the Romanised Celt speaks his dialect, he will do so only if the people in the room speak it all, are of his kin.

Now the Germanic defines the dialect as his kin, and every other variant outside it as strange and hostile. Seriously Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are the same language, or should have been, but they rather die first.

Similarly, the Visigoths in Spain rather bonded with the stranger, Gallo-Ibero-Roman or Muslim alike, to fight the other that is of his kin but differs a bit.

I think now that Slavs are in between these two. They acknowlegde the necessity for unison but can't help hating each other for small deviations of their kinfolk.

>Through a 33cl can of 12° high fermented beer now, getting heated up. Still making sense?
>>
>>66528304

Why do I find German, Arabic, and Russian to be the most aesthetically pleasing languages then, OP? What is wrong with me?
>>
nobody wants to comment on my autism?
>>
>>66529321
You are very consonent-oriented it seems. Nothing wrong with you, you probably have Slavic ancestry that's all.
>>
>>66529344
do you want a tight hug for it
>>
Arabic sounds best op
>>
File: 768px-Vlast_Burian[1].jpg (120KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
768px-Vlast_Burian[1].jpg
120KB, 768x1024px
I made my song a coat
Covered with embroideries
Out of old mythologies
From heel to throat ;
But the fools caught it,
Wore it in the world's eyes
As though they'd wrought it.
Song, let them take it,
For there's more enterprise
In walking naked.

W. B. Yeats

>I'm off to buy myself another beer, in the Paki shop across the street
>>
>>66529529

arabic appreciation thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDA8xkvbbNk
>>
>>66528304
But Romance languages sound disgustingly gay
Only qts can make it work
>>
I love mongolian because we use the same gutteral noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCzFFrMM9I
>>
>>66529686
This does sound really neat. But it reminds me more of Japanese. Especially around 1:50
>>
File: 8484851526.gif (2MB, 336x167px) Image search: [Google]
8484851526.gif
2MB, 336x167px
>>66529819
>Japanese
I mean Chinese
>>
File: 1f447-1f3fc[1].png (755B, 72x72px) Image search: [Google]
1f447-1f3fc[1].png
755B, 72x72px
>>66529529
It's guttural and consonant-oriented as fuck, symbolically the antipode to Romance-centered culture and civilisation. But I agree it has some definite soothing qualities.

It is basically a cult language, islam.
>>
I think you make sense OP, agreed on most of that.
I speak mostly romance languages (spanish, portuguese, my italian could be better tho).
But to me suomi looks and sounds the most aesthetic to me, it holds a certain ancient quality to it that I find so mesmerizing (am I even making sense now?).
Anyways, learning suomi would have little practical use to me, and it is incredibly complex for what I've heard.
>>
>>66529613

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4anLcOCZdk

this one is actually my favorite of his, but it's over an hour long and i don't think anyone but myself is willing to listen to this. Posting it anyway.
>>
>>66529686
meh, I fail to see the connection, I think you romanticize it a bit too much.

And Flemish > Holland when it comes to raw and guttural sounds

also you might like this, it' mongolian rap music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuVLjAhsw-w
>>
>>66529389
>appreciation for a language is based on your genes

Chomsky go and stay go
>>
>>66530165
I hadn't commmented on Suomi/Finnish because I am largely unfamiliar with it, but I do agree with you that it is definitely ancient as fuck, strange and indeed mesmerizing.

It also seems very hard, but the force of the will overcomes all, so I wish you the best in your endeavours with deciphering this strange language of a strange yet fascinating people.
>>
>>66529430
y-yes :3

a thight potato hug :3
>>
>>66530613
>potato
im going g gooing to skate voatdbosrd kick that shit out of you
>>
File: irish potato beer.png (219KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
irish potato beer.png
219KB, 555x555px
>>66531097
can you even into based potato beer, young Lettic man?

do you even compose flute songs in honour of the great potato?
>>
german is the best sounding
I like how long and short vowels differ not only in length, but also in value
the r-ending syllables sound very nice,
sounds really melodic and harmonic
I don't like how they write compound words or how they write all the nouns in capital letters though, the orthography is great aside from that
>>
File: 1426205551116.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426205551116.png
48KB, 500x500px
French is the most pleasing language to read desu
>>
>>66531654
more like the most faggy
>>
>>66528304
Very quality statement, made me even wet for a while
>>
>>66531539
y-you too
>>
>>66531978
FOR A MEAGIAN WILGE #TBQH

ADOLF HITLER SiEG HEIL
BELGIA IS NATURAL NATURE'S CLAY WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO
BELGIA IS CELTO-GERMANIC KILL ALL THE FILTHY KRAUTS
>>
>>66528304
op. you are a good guy.

this is the kinda op that we all need on int.
>>
more arap music to keep the thread alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_peC026lE

Abdel Halim Hafez is my favorite in case you didn't guess
>>
>>66537378
thank you anon, you're too kind
>>
>>66528304
>Italian is hands down the pinnacle of all what is Romance
I may be biased, but I genuinely think Portuguese (european portuguese) wins that title
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.