[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Plumbers in North America >honorable trade with good pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: trenchless-sewer-repair.jpg (774KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
trenchless-sewer-repair.jpg
774KB, 3000x2000px
>Plumbers in North America
>honorable trade with good pay
>Plumbers in Europe
>trade of failures and smelly poles
>>
I wouldn't call any licensed tradesman a failure, but most plumbers aren't really that honorable either.

Electrician master race here.
>>
I've heard the plumbing trade is good here. This is from plumbers I've met while working.

I'm an electrician earning £90,000 per year btw
>>
>>66519481
Plumbers used to earn shittons of money before the crisis. Dunno how's their situation nowadays.
>>
>>66519645
>>66519684
How's electrician work? I was thinking about doing it, but decided to go with HVAC instead
>>
>>66519708
I know a electican that works in Germany and he earns more than a average german corp rat/economist/university phd.

makes you think
>>
>>66519708
Well I'm just self employed, and now have a m80 working for me too.

I studied electrics by myself, then took and NVQ test and passed.
>>
>>66519481
I thought that all tradies in America where spics.

You never hear of any americucks being builders
>>
>>66519742
What's so strange about that?
>>
>>66519776
It's strange because learning for 5 years of uni and writing a fucking PHD work for 4 and than earning less than a dumbfuck hillbilly who contects cables is a joke. A fucking joke.
>>
>>66519481
>plumbers in Serbia
>people who fell for the stem meme and can't get a job with their degree
>>
>>66519837
*connects
>>
File: 1458918724689.png (87KB, 244x217px) Image search: [Google]
1458918724689.png
87KB, 244x217px
>>66519837
>keep pushing the notion that no matter what everybody should go through tertiary education because trades are for losers
>surprised when technician jobs demand goes through the roof while your average philosophy's phd holder gets minimum wage

The only joke here is modern academia
>>
>>66519837
I honestly don't see the reason to get upset over this. All work is valuable and trade work can be in it's own self demanding, important and fulfilling. Electricians, plumbers and other similar jobs that can affect other people negatively if not done right (electric fires, water damage etc.) deserve a competitive wage.

Besides by statistic averages university graduate always make more money than trade workers so that's not underappreciated either.

Pitting manual and academic work against each other is what retarded americans do who don't realise the other can't exist without the other.
>>
>Plumbers in Finland
>Have to have a deck of cards as proof that they are qualified
>have to get new cards every few years

Bureaucracy at it's finest.
>>
Plumbers make dosh here, except when cheap polish plumbers break the prices
>>
>>66519959
Still a law lecturer at a uni earns shit if he dosn't open or work at a law firm.

Law is social engineering and fucking imprtant.

>>66519971
I can fully understand getting masters in some sociology or philosophy is a joke but being a person who writes books, articles, goes to conferences and still earns less than a electician can be downgrading,
>>
>>66519708
Have you ever found anything weird in the aircon ducts?
>>
>>66520045
>a person who writes books, articles, goes to conferences

That kind of person didn't get into his field only for the cash in the first place obviously, money isn't everything.
>>
>>66520111
It's hard work though, basically when you come back home from work you eat and start writing or correcting students shitty works for the next 3 hours. It should be paid much more all over EU.
>>
>>66520111
This. Research work is not always profitable but people still do it do to personal interest in the subject.
>>
>>66519481
>plumbers, electricians and other mechanics
>honorable
They are fucking thieves and scammers. I either do everything in my home myself or object to every single piece of their work to oblivion to call out their shitty overpaid work.
>>
>>66520308
I try to do as much as I can as well but when it comes to electricity I kinda suck so I need to pay the fee.
>>
>>66519481
As far as I know, plumbers belong to the middle class in Sweden.

This might change as the job market gets increasingly dominated by cheap polish guest workers, though.
>>
>>66520308

Not all of us do residential service work, I have a steady job doing electrical maintenance in an industrial facility, I like it because I don't have to deal with assholes like you.
>>
>>66520045
Law a shit though
>>
>>66520378
You guys have many black people who make salaries for trade jobs lower already, don't think poles may change it seriously.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.