[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are caucasians and indo-europeans related? From what I understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How are caucasians and indo-europeans related?
From what I understand caucasian is split up into aryan, semetic, and hamitic; the latter two don't speak indo-european languages while aryans do. So it would seem to me that using aryan and indo-european interchangeably would be acceptable, but wikipedia says it's wrong and doesn't explain why.
When can we say the caucasoid race came into existence? Like when does it "split off" (and thats probably the wrong word) from indo-european? What's the distinction?

Nobody taught me this shit
>>
>>66496727
Caucasian is an antiquated term that's only used in America anymore and comes from the 19th century claim that the ur-homeland of Indo-European speakers was located on the Pontic Steppe to the north of the Caucasus (since the earliest attested Indo-European languages - Hittite, Mycenean Greek and the I-E influenced Hurrian) appeared or spread from the northern part of the Middle East. The idea that Indo-Europeans are Caucasian has been disproven by archaeology, which has located bronze age artefacts mentioned in the Vedas to burials from modern-day north Kazakhstan and the adjoining Siberian areas of Russia. That is where science places the origin of early Indo-Europeans today.

It must be said that Indo-European is a language family that is not spoken only by white people as evidenced by the example of India. On the other hand, not all whites speak Indo-European either, namely Finno-Ugric speakers, Basques and speakers of Caucasian languages.
>>
>>66497330
Also, see the Kurgan hypothesis to find out how the location of the I-E homeland was fixed, because my claim about the Vedas is shaky.
>>
>>66497330
the wikipedia article on caucasian race exists though, I mean it must refer to something. Is it just that indo-european refers to a vague culture while caucasoid is a physical race? Which I guess would explain why south Indians, not caucasoid on a lot of maps I see, still speak indo-european languages, and why semites speak afro-asiatic, because different cultures can take hold of a race, and the indo-european culture just took hold of what we call aryan

Is that right?
>>
>>66498091
What I wrote is a lot of lies and bullshit, so you best just read it for yourself on wiki. The term Indo-European actually did describe a culture once as you said, but only so long as the Europeans remained pagan and their religion still bore similarities to primitive Hinduism. But today I-E is a strictly linguistic designation, as the Hungarian who lives in the country neighbouring mine is no different from me except for his language, and is Caucasian besides, as are the other non-I-E white nations I mentioned.
>>
>>66498411
> Europeans remained pagan and their religion still bore similarities to primitive Hinduism
neat
more on this?

I don't know fucking shit
I have heard greek and germanic paganism were very similar too
>>
>>66499204
There's a single sourced sentence comparing Lithuanian paganism to Hinduism somewhere on wiki in the pages for the 14th century Grand Princes of Lithuania before Jogaila. Search thereabouts. There are sure to be other quotes of the kind on pages relating to Norse and Slavic paganism.
>>
>>66499458
Also the articles on the Vedas, particularly the Rigveda, and the pantheon described therein.
>>
>>66497330
Why were indo-europeans so successful? They basically control all of europe and a huge part of asia
>>
>>66499544
They had chariots and their enemies didn't

>The oldest testimony of chariot warfare in the ancient Near East is the Old Hittite Anitta text (18th century BC), which mentions 40 teams of horses.

With this advantage they were able to violently infiltrate earlier cultures and subsequently act as the peaceful civilisers of large regions (like the Aryans did in the Indian subcontinent and Indochina). Every early Indo-European society has a pre-Indo-European precursor that was violently subjugated.
>>
What about writing? When did the sanskrit script come about, what's it descended from? How is it different from or similar to Latin or Greek scripts?
Did proto indo european have a writing system at all?
>>
>>66503477
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmi_script

It derives from the phoenician alphabet.
>>
>>66497330

This

/thread

Stop using the word Caucasian stupid Americans.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.