[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Though Indians have been wildly over-optimistic about the timeline,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1477103041190.jpg (120KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477103041190.jpg
120KB, 960x720px
Though Indians have been wildly over-optimistic about the timeline, India as a superpower is still an inevitability

Do you agree?

Extrapolate opinions
>>
>>66482851
Logically speaking, yes. With over billion people, you eventually must get shit done.
This is Indians however.
>>
Muh billions

Is Indonesia a superpower? Is Brazil a superpower?
>>
>>66484760
indonesia and Brazil both have less people than the USA
>>
>>66484531
This, sadly.
Theywould have to rework their whole culture, eradicate most of their citizens,re-indoctrinate their children and rethink their history and not to forget their common personality for a long success.
Now, this sounds like overkill, but it is a must for a self-damaging country like India.
That's why india is an acronym of:
I'll never do it again.
>>
>>66482851
They'll never become a superpower, not in the hegemonic sense in which the United States is one. Culturally speaking I very much doubt their influence will ever outweight Europe's outside it's own area of influence, even China will not achieve this in any foreseeable timeframe.

They will eventually become the world's second largest economy and this will provide them with enormous influence and clout. They will also face enormous challenges, global warming will hit them badly and their development faces enormous obstacles. They will not be dominant in this century, not in the West at least.
>>
File: kek.jpg (553KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
553KB, 5000x5000px
>India
>superpower
haha
hahahaaha
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Indian gifted program.jpg (188KB, 962x664px) Image search: [Google]
Indian gifted program.jpg
188KB, 962x664px
>>66485232
Don't laugh, it'll happen... just as soon as they figure out who to bribe for it.
>>
>>66484760
If only 1% of one billion got things done, it will be more than your entire scientist and engineers population. It will take time for change to propagate. But change and development have a habit of not following linear trends. Like most biological trends, humans tend to follow exponential growth when the conditions are right. When and what these conditions are for India, I don't know. But we will know when it happens.
>>
>>66487902
>If only 1% of one billion got things done, it will be more than your entire scientist and engineers population.
No, we'll still have a much high proportion of people on the right side of the bell curve, so we will still be dominate, but india will still shine in some area while being an africa tier shithole, though with their best and brightest leaving, that may artificially limit their upward trajectory.
>>
It took China one of the most extreme political ideologies in the world, with one of the most brutal men leading the way, to get into a position so that they could kind of get shit done. India is in an even worse position than China was when they started.

So no, it's unlikely they'll ever stop tripping over themselves with cultural and religious issues long enough to unite.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.