[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will America realize Snowden is a hero and let him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8752.jpg (26KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8752.jpg
26KB, 460x276px
When will America realize Snowden is a hero and let him back into the country?
>>
i dont le know
>>
edgy
>>
What he did was right, but he looks and acts like a faggot so he can enjoy the rest of his life in Russia
>>
>>66471095
I'd definitely rather see Snowden live and die a full life in Moscow then have him come to the USA and be prosecuted.
>>
>>66471048
Only the government actually hates him.

Plenty of civilians love him.
>>
>>66471199

Our government is supposed to be the people. If the people love him, shouldn't the government love him too?

Really makes you think.
>>
>>66471245
Yeah it makes me think.

If this recent election isn't already proving it to you, the establishment doesn't give a fuck about us.
>>
>>66471199
No, most polls show that the majority of people see him as a traitor who should serve some time in prison. He did nothing wrong when he released information about domestic spying, but he crossed the line when he released information about how the US spies on foreign enemies living in the rest of the world.
>>
A hero but we can't let him back, he betrayed his contract and government

If he is let back as a hero then the CIA and professional trust must go
>>
As soon as they stop chasing after Assange as well, AKA never. Governments don't like having their corruption exposed.
>b-but the people love him!
>implying the people aren't retarded sheep
>>
>>66471048
He wears stupid glasses and he sounds like a faggot
I hope the Russians shoot him when he outlives his usefulness as propaganda
>>
>>66471048
He can come back whenever he likes.
>>
>>66471048
Sorry disappoint you anon but the deep state will assure that he stays labeled a traitor. I'm not sure why this label is applied. He was sworn to defend the constitution and he did just that when he saw the 4th amendment being violated. Snowden released info to the public, treason is when you release info to the enemy. Really makes you think :^)
>>
>>66471048
He's not. All he did is remind people of something that Bush publicly said was going on in 2006. He threw his life away for nothing.
>>
>>66473240
And now he's Putin's sockpuppet.
>>
>>66471199
That's false though. Majority think he should be punished.
>>
>>66473250
Eh, not really. I don't like the guy or approve of what he did or how he did it, but he's been critical of the Russians too. Wikileaks is the one that got taken over by the Kremlin.
>>
When did we prevent him from coming?
In fact, the US government wants him to come back as soon as possible. And so do most Americans (sans millennials).
So he can stand trial.
>>
>>66473278
>believing Clinton narrative

Ah yes
>>
>>66473305
That not narrative nigger, that's literally what he's done. He hasn't just sat around parroting Putin, Wikileaks has. He has made public statements criticizing the Russians. The fact that you can't tell Snowden apart from Assange and Wikileaks shows just how fucking ignorant on basic facts you are.
>>
>>66471199
That's not quite true, statistically.
Americans are divided on whether he did a service (mostly by age), but majority want him to go through judicial system for his actions.
>>
>>66473346
Clinton narrative is only referring to Wikileaks supposedly being taken over by Russia. He wasn't talking about Snowden

Its pretty stupid to believe Wikileaks has been taken over by russia, they just have shared anti American interests
>>
>>66473278
Putin dragged him out (via monitor as I recall) to ask a softball "town hall" style question about domestic surveillance that Putin naturally denied. Putin is making Snowden sing for his supper at every opportunity.
>>
>>66473346
It doesn't matter. You think HRC will be kind of whistleblowers?
>>
>>66473278
None of them are taken over by the Kremlin or whatever. All of wikileaks documents are true and HRC just wants to trample on the human rights of whistleblowers and the media is happy to go along.
>>
>>66473357
>>66473260
That'd why I said plenty, not all
>>
>>66471048
He did a good thing but giving him a pardon would only encourage more whistle blowing and by extension chaos.
>>
>>66473549
>Only the government actually hates him.
Quite a few Americans despise him as well as the government. Hatred not all top-down.
>>
>>66473582
Exactly. Vigilantes are heroes, but can't be rewarded. Better to give them a slap on the wrist like exile to a welcoming country.
>>
>>66473631
Yup
>>
>>66473518
Somehow, today we have the media stifling whistleblowers.
Shit's all fucked.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>66471245
>Our government is supposed to be the people

PFFTAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Who the hell told you that? The government?
>>
>>66473582
>>66473647
Pretty much this. What he did was absolutely necessary, but it did damage the country's reputation internationally and exposed the inner workings of the government. At the end of the day, the NSA shouldn't actually exist, or at least should be stripped of it's extrajudicial powers so it must operate within the constitution and be accountable to the American people. Unfortunately it's unlikely that the powers that be will enact any meaningful reform.
>>
>>66473771
Clinton will do the exact opposite. I'm wasn't on the Trump Train® to start with, but just in her election to DNC she's shown her propensity for conspiracy and corruption.
Her status as Secretary of State may have been what got us here (among other things as well ofc), imagine what she might do with the presidency.
>>
>>66473868
>imagine what she might do with the presidency.
Imagine the alternative.
>>
>>66473898
Honestly, some silly but well-intentioned shit in all likelihood, but not outright corruption and conspiracy.
>>
>>66473868
Trump won't do shit either, if that's what you're implying
>>
He's an idiot. I think he needs to be let back in the country and given a light sentence. But he needs someone to follow him around and call him an idiot the whole way from the airport to the jail, then in jail while he's there.

Seriously. Identifying yourself publicly as an unprotected whistleblower? Really?
>>
>>66473962
>But he needs someone to follow him around and call him an idiot
Maybe that should be his sentence, for at least the next 5-10 years
>>
>>66473927
>silly
Charitable to Trump, but demeaning to the Executive. No single person wields more power in the government. Giving it to a man who isn't playing with a full deck is irresponsible, putting it mildly.
>well-intentioned
Road to hell something something
>but not outright corruption and conspiracy
This isn't a zero-sum game of awful traits. They're both as slimy as they come.
>>
>>66473760
"We the people..."
>>
>>66473958
Trump would be like a -2 when we're at +15.
Either way, it's better than making it worse.

And for curiosity's sake, what makes you think he'd do nothing?
>>
>>66474020
Trump is a sentient, living, ego. He has some smart people under him however, his Vice President is sharp as a hawk.

Clinton gives validity to lizard-people conspiracies.
>>
>>66474095
1: He has no reason to
2: If he tried he'd probably be deposed by his own party
>>
>>66474154
>1: He has no reason to
It's part of his appeal against Clinton. People know he is against the establishment.
>2: If he tried he'd probably be deposed by his own party
He already has. He defeated every other RNC candidate on popular support almost alone. It's only just now that other candidates have endorsed him, now that it's plain to see how the cards are stacked. He showed that he isn't a classical republican, something that has received praise.
>>
>>66474258
The thing about Trump is he says one thing and will later contradict it completely when it suits him. It's anyone's guess whether he'll be able to deliver on even half of the policies he's put forth, dismantling the NSA is not one of them.
>>
>>66473429
Which is in direct opposition to the state original purpose of Wikileaks.
>>
>>66473518
Wikileaks doxxed thousands of Turkish civilians claiming they were coup conspirators and it turned out to be completely false and they doubled down on it anyway. Snowden even called them out on it and they started attacking him.
>>
>>66473771
He EASILY could have done it differently, achieved the same desired result, and gone on living his life in the US as a free man. It's happened before. The way he handled it was fucking retarded and now he's paying the price.
>>
>>66474685
He hasn't been consistent in his beliefs all his life but, correct me if I'm wrong, he hasn't flipped too hard in his new political career. I feel that's a key feature.
Even if he doesn't fully deliver, it's the effort that counts.
I don't know if for example we're going to get a literal, actual wall, but the tightened border security is the ultimate effect.
>>
>>66474848
> he hasn't flipped too hard in his new political career
That's not even close to true.
>>
>>66474877
Can a respectfully ask for examples?
Genuinely curious.
>>
>>66474900
Trump called for an essentially borderless world years ago. Totally reversed now. Use to claim to be pro-choice, has said during this campaign that women should be punished for having abortions. Used to favor pretty strict gun control including some confiscation, totally the opposite now. He claims global warming is a Chinese hoax but he requested state and federal money to protect a golf course of his in Florida from encroaching seawater. Was in favor of going into Iraq, then against it. Was in favor of pulling out of Iraq, now claims to have been against that. Was in favor of bombing Libya, now claims to have been against it. Used to openly defend the Clintons during Bill's sex scandals, now rails on them for it.

The list goes on.
>>
>>66474848
Of course, he claims he's going to do this while cutting taxes. Even if you believe he can actually get Mexico to pay for it, you still need to pay people to guard the wall and it's a long fucking border. Not to mention maintenance of the wall. We've already increased security along the border, he just wants to add more cost.

Really, cutting taxes is by far the biggest flaw of his plans because everything else he's proposing costs a ton of money. The wall, increasing our already gigantic military budget, expanding medicare. And he says all this while being critical of our deficit.

Nobody likes paying taxes, but you need to either cut spending or raise taxes; he wants to do neither. He's a clown just telling people what they want to hear without any regard for whether or not it's true or realistic. Not to mention he's a thin-skinned narcissist who is way too cozy with Putin.
>>
>>66474998
>years ago
I made the distinction of saying within his political career, not before it
>>
>>66475074
He formed exploratory organizations for a Presidential run before this year (and for other parties no less).

He's also been a Democrat 2 separate times, a Republican 3, an independent once, and a Reform party member once, meaning he changed his party affiliation of 6 occasions.
>>
>>66475038
This is my frustration for both parties.
Republicans want to cut taxes. Democrats want to increase spending (Republicans as well, but to a much lesser extent).
It's a taxation style bread and circus. Cutting taxes and spending on domestic things like infrastructure will aid the economy, but run us into debt. Nobody will vote for the solution that will steer us away from our iceberg of debt because that will temporarily harm the economy, and democracy is weak. Democracy will mean that the second we do the painful thing of taxing and not sending, they'll recoil away. This means the correct politician will never ever be elected.
>>
>>66474900
Not him but the healthcare shit is the single biggest flip flop I've ever seen a politician do.

>before running for president
I BELIEVE IN SINGLE PAYER / UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE, IT'S BEST FOR EVERYBODY, YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SICK PEOPLE. LOOK AT CANADA, LOOK AT SCANDINAVIA, IT WORKS THERE.

>during the primary debates
UHH ... IT KINDA SORTA WORKS IN OTHER COUNTRIES, BUT THIS IS AMERICA, WE SHOULD CONSIDER OTHER OPTIONS, FOR THE MOST PARTS IT SHOULD BE PRIVATE.

>now, in the 2nd debate with Cunton
PEOPLE LISTEN, SHE WANTS TO DO SINGLE PAYER, SHE'S COMPLETELY CRAZY, THIS WILL NEVER WORK, JUST LOOK AT THE LONG WAITING LISTS IN CANADA AND EUROPE!
>>
>>66475172
An exploratory organization does not make you a actual politician, it makes you a prospective one.
And we can all be registered to a party, that doesn't make us politicians.
Pardon me on the overused Reagan analogy, but he was a registered democrat before he became the conservative hero-god that we've all ended up swearing blood oathes to.
>>
>>66475278
Reagan was a cuck.
>>
>>66475260
>>during the primary debates
>UHH ... IT KINDA SORTA WORKS IN OTHER COUNTRIES, BUT THIS IS AMERICA, WE SHOULD CONSIDER OTHER OPTIONS, FOR THE MOST PARTS IT SHOULD BE PRIVATE.
>>now, in the 2nd debate with Cunton
>PEOPLE LISTEN, SHE WANTS TO DO SINGLE PAYER, SHE'S COMPLETELY CRAZY, THIS WILL NEVER WORK, JUST LOOK AT THE LONG WAITING LISTS IN CANADA AND EUROPE!
It's a loathsome shift in intensity, but that doesn't look like a genuine flip flop to me.
Before his running isn't totally relevant.
>>
>>66475308
He's overhyped as fuck, this coming from a genuine right-winger.
His oratory skill and hardline stance during the cold war are about his only appeals.

As for reaganomics, I have no comprehensive understanding of it or it's effects, and have heard conflicting opinions from people who were alive during it.
>>
>>66475315
He did a complete 180 on the issue is my point. First he said single payer is the best option and now he's saying people who want single payer are basically morons.

I think he still secretly agrees with the idea but he has to play good boy in order to not anger the conservatives who think single payer would be just 100% gibsmedats for niggers.
>>
>>66471048
america lost its chance when it didn't vote in Bernie
>>
>>66475344
That 180° happened before he was running. It's not something I'm happy about, but it isn't damning.

>>66475375
While I'm still also of the kind that Hillary would've won regardless, reminder that she literally conspired against him.

And of course, your complimentary '>>>/reddit/' for being a Berner
>>
>>66475335
Reagan is the ultimate meme and I'm right wing as well.

>claimed to be a "small government" guy yet he tripled spending while lowering taxes, which greatly broadened the debt spiral started by Carter that we are still knee deep in
>gave amnesty to illegals while doing literally nothing about the border
>was willing to cooperate with literal drug kingpins and other shady degenerates as long as they were nominally anti-communist (Noriega is a great example)
>fucked over the American working class in favor of megacorps

He was a textbook cuckservative, basically Jeb Bush just with more bravado and better rhetoric skills.
>>
>>66475408
I'm still voting for him, it just pisses me off because healthcare is a big issue for me and I didn't want to vote for a cuck like Bernie.
>>
>>66475413
this is why they bullied you in high school
>>
>>66475439
I'm not sure you replied to the right post, but whatever.
>>
>>66475335
>As for reaganomics, I have no comprehensive understanding of it or it's effects, and have heard conflicting opinions from people who were alive during it.

Trickle-down economics is a scam. The idea is that if you cut taxes on the rich, they'll created more jobs with the extra money. It hasn't worked for the last 30 years, but I'm sure if we keep trying ...
>>
>>66475478
literally no one but some small minority gives a shit about economics when it comes to voting
>>
>>66475479
Literally everybody gives a shit about money, which is what economics are about. You'll realize that when you're older than 25 and mommy finally kicks you out of the house.

t. not even the guy you're replying to
>>
>>66475478
How much truth is there to encouraging stateside business with favorable business environment though?

>>claimed to be a "small government" guy yet he tripled spending while lowering taxes, which greatly broadened the debt spiral started by Carter that we are still knee deep in
Like I pondered in >>66475193 how recovering from this debt is near-impossible, is it possible that the military-spending war that was made necessary against the Soviet Union only ended with the communists dead at the scene, and is walking away fatally injured?
>>
>>66475498
no one gives a shit about money when it comes down to a government policy, except a very small minority
>>
>>66475546
Yes we do. I live in the midwest which is gonna be a huge voting block for Trump and guess why people here vote Trump? Because he promises to bring the jobs back. Jobs = money, that's what people give a fuck about. Not ISIS and abortions and pussies and calling women fat and other memetastic non-issues.
>>
>>66475498
They care about economics where it personally effects them, in the most base does-it-immediately-hurt/help-me way.
Few care about things in the long term, and he spoke true when he talked about how feel-good social policy influence many voters.
>>
>>66475579
...which I also exemplify with >>66475577, not that it's wrong in any way really.
>>
>>66475579
Yes, we can talk about whether people prefer short term gain to long term gain, but the bottom line is they do care about money.
>>
No, he's not a hero. He fled and asked for protection from USA's biggest ENEMY. That's treason no matter how you twist it.

He WOULD be a hero, if he turns himself in, gets prosecuted, gets time in jail. Pressure to get him released would be immense, so he would finally get out, as a HERO.

Heroes don't flee responsabilities.
>>
If his leaks had only dealt with US surveillance of Americans, Prism, and Xkeyscore then I'm pretty sure he could make the Argument that he wanted to let Americans know of their government unconstitutional activities.

But when he went around exposing agents around the word, Letting other countries know of NSA operations and espionage, he became a traitor. I have no sympathy for him.
>>
>>66473278
>critical of Russia
Who know how much intel he gave to the Russians just to get asylum.

Him and Julian Assange are two face bitches who collaborate with THE putin just to get back at the US.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.