[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Swedes, Danes and Norwegians even need to learn others'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: photo_verybig_137023[1].jpg (47KB, 480x460px) Image search: [Google]
photo_verybig_137023[1].jpg
47KB, 480x460px
Do Swedes, Danes and Norwegians even need to learn others' languages when it comes to reading comprehension? I know some Swedish and understand easy Danish texts without much struggle.
>>
>>66444683
*each others'
>>
not really
>>
>>66444683
Reading? no, not at all
>>
File: Leldegaard.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Leldegaard.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Text is mutually understood between the three languages.
Spoken it's a bit different. I'd say Norwegians are the best at understanding their neighbors spoken languages, because they are used to having to understand a much bigger varieties of dialects in their own language.

Most Swedes understand spoken Norwegian but struggle with Danish, while Danes are pretty bad with both spoken Norwegian and Swedish (i e. struggle to differensiate the two from each other).
>>
File: deadpool_nordic_cover.jpg (2MB, 3240x2175px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool_nordic_cover.jpg
2MB, 3240x2175px
Feels bad man
>>
>>66444683
Norwegians understands danish and swedish.
Danes understand norwegians to some extent, same goes with swedes.
I dont know what the relations between swedish and danish is but i think the dont understand eachother.

It's easy to understand swedes when they are talking, but it's harder to understand texts etc.

It's easy to understand danes when it comes to writing cause we pretty much talk how they write, however nobody understands them when they talk cause they honestly sound fucking retarded.
>>
>>66445703
>struggle to differensiate the two from each other
I mean sure, if you're overhearing a short conversation at a distance it might be difficult, but under any other circumstances I just don't understand how it's possible to confuse the two.
>>
File: 1477106576475.png (43KB, 652x521px) Image search: [Google]
1477106576475.png
43KB, 652x521px
>>66445873
Maybe he means danes are fucking retarded? :)
>>
>>66445765
>but it's harder to understand texts
Really? What's "hard" about written Swedish?

I mean if replace a couple of -a endings with "e" and know about the handful of words that are different it's pretty much danish/norwegian.
>>
>>66446120
well it's not hard, but it's harder to understand than danish because we litterally use the same writing language as the danes.
>>
>>66446158
So if you're a bokmål guy is it easier to read danish than reading nynorsk?
>>
>>66446221
yeah acctaully.
A lot of the youth in norway sucks at nynorsk aswell, it's kind of sad but in my opinion we should just get rid of nynorsk in the first place.
>>
>>66445749

Is it only my perception or Swedish has a slight "German" feel?

Note that I am not a German (just passing by..), but I can speak some German, and I understand some Norwegian too.
>>
>>66444683
I would say it's true about Swedish and Norwegian. I can easily understand Swedish. However I can't understand any Danish at all, unless it's written. I can understand Icelandic much better than Danish when spoken to me.
>>
>>66444683
I understand most spoken Norwegian, but would probably prefer to use english with a Norwegian.

Understand some spoken danish.. 30-50 % maybe. Much easier when its written.

Understand 10-15 % of written icelandic, 0 % spoken.
>>
>>66447786
>>66447222

How does Icelandic sound to you? In a "cultural sense"? (For example: South-USA English accent sounds "redneckish", and south-Spain Spanish accent sounds "uneducated, poorly spoken")
>>
>>66446800
Swedish does have a lot of German influence in terms of both vocabulary and using Ä/Ö
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.