[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What stories did your grandparents tell you about your country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 13778013.jpg (30KB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
13778013.jpg
30KB, 300x252px
What stories did your grandparents tell you about your country in the past? My grandpa told me how much better Australia was when we had the white australia policy and non-whites were openly looked down on.
>>
My grandfather is a communist
>>
My great grandfather told me about when he was a german soldier during WW2 he was manning a gun on a ship with his partner and his partner got sliced in half by shrapnel and he had to move his body out of the way and get on the gun to shoot down the British...
>>
File: 1463264314063.png (207KB, 429x441px) Image search: [Google]
1463264314063.png
207KB, 429x441px
>>66414677
>>
My grandpa had experienced WW2 and was on east-south Asia
He told me when shot his back
>>
>>66414915
What did he think of old m8 hoxha ?
>>
>>66415420
Hoxha actually gave him his degree in the inauguration day when grandfather was in college
>>
>>66415525
When you read about him he seems a bit of a knob but at the same time he had to contend with a fucking impossible situation that Yugoslavia and USSR created for the country.
>>
My great grandfather fought for the Partizani in Yugoslavia and killed a bunch of dirty Nazis.
>>
My grandpa told me stories about him watching his wife being fucked by a Surinamese slave.
>>
>>66414677
My grandma told me once that one nazi scout let her parents go before regular army came when they were going to raid their village
>>
My grandfathers were dead by the time I was born.
>>
My grandpa told me how he got PTSD for killing so many Soviets. He had serious flashbacks from those hundreds of people he killed in one machine gun position in the war all the way until he died in the 90's.

Pretty fucking sad
>>
>>66416107
What were the symptoms of his PTSD ?
>>
My grandma told me about an american bomber crasching in Småland where they lived.
They made clothes out of the parachutes.
>>
My grandma keeps telling me how great growing up in New England was. Tbh I kind of want to move there now.
>>
>>66416198
He went into full duck-and-cover mode when there was a loud bang of any sort, he used to kind of sleep-walk in the night in a way that he kneeled on the bed like to be in a machine gun position and shooting at something and he yelled at the soviets. That would usually wake my grandma up and she'd calm him down. That happened almost every night.

The SD didn't make him violent (that I know of) so I guess it wasn't that bad, it's just sad how big scars that kinda shit leaves that are there 50 years later too
>>
Both my grandmothers died before I was born and both my grandads didn't talk too much bout the old days, to be honest they both lived pretty boring lives. The only interesting thing about one of them is that he was the youngest of 12 kids, 10 of his brothers and sisters moved away before he was even born to the US and Britain as emigrants so he never met them or ever heard from they because they never wrote letters, presumably because they were illiterate.
>>
>>66416281
what was great about it compared to where you are now (where is that?)?
>>
>>66416388
Fucking hell. What was his opinion of mandatory conscription in Finland in his latter years ? What is yours ?
>>
My grandmother told me how the Red Cross refused to give them aid because they were Jewish during the Great Depression.
>>
>>66417051
We didn't really talk about his views on the conscription because I was pretty young and most of the things I know about the serious shit he had to deal with I've heard later after his death but I knew he hated the Soviets and Russia and viewed them as a threat to our way of life so I'd imagine he was pro-conscription even with all his scars.

I don't really have a strong opinion on it because I never went because of health reasons (which would've disappointed the fuck out of grandpa if he was still alive). I understand the need to guard the society my forefathers have built and at the same time I realize the mental risks a war puts on everyone involved.
>>
>>66416760
I live in Arizona. And she pretty much everything, the people, the climate, the scenery, the outdoor activities, etc etc was better in New England.
>>
>>66415368
>He told me when shot his back
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66417365
Are there many finns who try to get out of it and is the process for being signed medically unfit quite stringent ? I know a Korean guy who undertook some minor surgery to give himself permanent hyperhidrosis with the sole intent of avoiding conscription.
>>
>>66415689
lol what a cuck
>>
>>66417643
It's so easy to get out of it that I wouldn't even call it mandatory to be honest. Nowadays you can claim any sort of problem with authorities or any bullshit like that to get out of it and the people at the military will give you a pass. I don't think the people who have absolutely zero motivation for it would be that good of an asset anyways.

Definitely doesn't require surgery or drastic measures like that but I'm pretty sure it would be different if we were in a situation like South Korea is.
>>
My granpa told me that during the 1930 revolution they were given drugs to act brave when the time was coming. Apparently everyone got diarrhea after.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.