[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People from "Belgium" do you consider yourself "Belgian"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: cGArG3Mi.jpg (18KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
cGArG3Mi.jpg
18KB, 660x660px
People from "Belgium" do you consider yourself "Belgian"? Like if you're travelling and someone goes what is your ethnicity? Do you reply with" Belgian"
>>
>>66403217
More people would recognise Belgian nationality than if they said Flemish or Walloon
>>
>>66403294
I guess they'd """recognize""" it, as in, be familiar with the name belgium, but if they didn't know what flanders or wallonia are you can't fairly say that they know what belgium is so it's not really recognizing it.
>>
>>66403217
From my experience, flemmings often say they're flemish, but perhaps that's because i'm Dutch and they expect me to know what a flemming is
>>
>>66403381
Most people have only superficial knowledge of world affairs. I wouldn't expect them to know the details.
>>
They do. I met several people from Belgium, they told me they were Belgians. But you know, for me it's maybe biased because of the cultural proximity between France and Belgium, just like someone from a region with a culture will do the same like for example a Breton will say he is Breton, an Alsacian an Alsacian...
>>
>>66403565
I like Walloons more desu. They are more laid-back.
>>
File: Leave.jpg (30KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
Leave.jpg
30KB, 620x372px
Leave Belgium alone!
>>
I do but in many cases, I reply something like: "I'm Belgian, but from the northern, dutch speaking part."
>>
>>66403217
>Like if you're travelling and someone goes what is your ethnicity
Who the hell asks of your ethnicity?
>>
>>66404725
wtf, you're like switzerland?
I always thought you guys spoke French
>>
We are all Belgians.
>>
>>66403217
My uncles are from belgium. They speak the wierdest mix of french and german (it may be dutch that my ignorant mind recognizes as german)
>>
>>66405668
This is how the Belgian - Portuguese war starts.
>>
>>66405668
They do, albeit the successor of the original, low Franconian French instead of the Germanized-Latin's successor that is known as French.
>>
>>66403217
Dutch and Belgian mean the exactly the same thing. So I think they consider themselves as residents of the Low Countries,
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EM8wd9xm0

flemish sounds comfy

>>66406248
this. I've once heard a flemish guy unironically calling himself "nederlands", calling Netherlands Dutch people "hollanders"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.