[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will we stop exporting this image of Iberians being "nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: peninsula-iberica.jpg (14KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
peninsula-iberica.jpg
14KB, 400x273px
When will we stop exporting this image of Iberians being "nice people" and actually making tourists feel incredibly insecure and afraid of coming here?
I want the silence again, i don't want the loud obnoxious foreign youngsters everywhere, i want to run from bulls in Pamplona with fellow iberians and not drunken french, germans and such...
>>
File: minimalistpepe.png (9KB, 558x565px) Image search: [Google]
minimalistpepe.png
9KB, 558x565px
>>66378054
>mfw going on holiday to Portugal in a few weeks, and going to make sure I'm as loud and obnoxious as possible

Think I'll do the old anglo trick of refusing to learn any of the language, and just speak English really slowly and loudly if someone doesn't understand what I'm saying.
>>
nobody thinks we're nice.
They think we're agressive non-white barbarians, because of bullfighting, other primitive traditions, and dark skin/hair. It still doesn't stop them to come though.
>>
Isn't tourism a big reason for why you guys aren't third world yet?? Getting rid of tourism will fuck your countries.
>>
>>66378587
By the way, there's barely any tourists inside the green circle, that's where the purest iberians free of multicultural influences live.
>>
File: 1476990989070.jpg (25KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
1476990989070.jpg
25KB, 400x273px
>>66378669
>>
>>66378621
tourism is a double edge, it worked in the south because there were few people there.
>>
>>66378506
Which place exactly?
>>
>>66378709
that's a very funny circle, alberto
>>
>>66381308
Lisbon, Coimbra and Porto - any advice?
>>
>>66383318
No, I live in Vilamoura
>>
>>66383335
I'll have a car so can visit other places, only going for 5 days though so I'll probably just stick to those cities.
>>
>>66378587
well same reason people go to a zoo. curiosity. just be aware of dangers and pay attention and don't come too close to the cage or be sprayed.
>>
File: coimbra-city.jpg (202KB, 1500x834px) Image search: [Google]
coimbra-city.jpg
202KB, 1500x834px
If you're here 5 days I assume you'll only spend one of them in Coimbra. Enter from the west if you can, so you can cross the river and look at it like pic related.

In our case our tourist spots are still in use by people so they aren't too terribly tourist-trap-y. We have two main tourist areas: Uptown (where the University in the picture is) and Downtown.

Most of the downtown is a foot-avenue full of shops and people, with a couple of old churches and plazas.

Uptown has the University (one of the oldest in Europe, and the main reason for the city to exist), some museums, some gardens, some churches. You can go from downtown to uptown in like 20 minutes, but it's a steep climb in some medieval-y feeling streets.

We have a bunch more gardens and churches and museums and lookout points, but you'd need more than a day.

Be aware, though. You chose 3 hilly cities, prepare to sweat and have sore legs all the way through if you plan to walk around.
>>
>>66384088
Thanks lad, looks nice. I've lived in a hilly place all my life in the UK, so it shouldn't be any problem walking around.
>>
>>66384435
Some of the restaurants in that climb are a bit shitty, desu. We have our good, cheaper restaurants away from the city.

Inside the city there are definitely some good ones, but you have to know where to go. Same goes for Porto/Lisbon in my experience.
>>
>>66384562
Are there any traditional foods I can eat which are vegetarian? I try to have something local everywhere I travel to, but being veggie makes it difficult, so I just have some of the local alcoholic drink instead. If there is a good meat-free Portugese dish though, I'd like to try it.
>>
>>66378506
If someone talks to you in Portuguese respond:
"Sorry amigo, no hablo español"
>>66383318
Coimbra is shit and very small
Porto is full of chavs
Lisbon is full of niggers and sandniggers
>>
>>66384692
>traditional foods
>vegetarian
No. You'll find fish dishes if you just don't like eating mammals/birds, but almost no traditional Portuguese food. I hear we have a fairly large selection of vegetarian/vegetarian-friendly restaurants, despite having one of the lowest rates of vegetarianism, though, so you won't starve. You just won't find traditional stuff like that from a country that eats pig intestines, ears, brains and *literally* everything else.

If you're not vegan you'll be able to eat a lot of sweet pastries which often have eggs in them. Pastéis de Belém/Nata are the most famous ones, but in Coimbra you have Pastéis de Tentúgal and a LOT of other "Convent Pastries" to try.

>>66384853
>Coimbra is shit
You're the first person I hear that doesn't like Coimbra, no joke. What don't you like about it? Is it the praxe meme?
>>
>>66384923
Coimbra não tem nada de interessante, e não me venhas com o meme da Uni. ou de um parque qualquer, e tambem esta cheia de pretos
>>
>>66384853
Noted, thanks for the advice hombre.

>>66384923
I'll be sure to try the pastries then, thanks.
>>
File: 1454340901918.jpg (503KB, 1286x868px) Image search: [Google]
1454340901918.jpg
503KB, 1286x868px
>>66384853
>>66385064
>>
>>66378709
>salamanca inside the circle
>>
>>66384692
you'll struggle to find trully vegan food while still being traditional. Beware soups! the older people still like to use the water from cooking meat to "spice up" soups, but I doubt you'll see that kind of stuff anyway.

vegetarian restourants should offer interesting intrepetations of our dishes and I think you should keep around those. Sautés (made with olive oil) are somewhat common, but not as the main dish
>>
>>66384692
>I can eat which are vegetarian
Fuck off to Spain, we don't want homosexuals in here
>>
>>66385270
He is not going to have a good time here too...
>>
>>66385064
Para turistas de 1 dia é bem bom.

E Coimbra é bom para viver: calma, sem filas de trânsito, boas escolas, bons escritórios, bom hostpital, bons subúrbios para viver. Hoje apanhei fila e demorei 16 minutos para o trabalho, e moro fora da cidade.

>pretos
Not really. Most of the PALOPs are in Uni Courses and they never stay. The only black dude I know lives here is an engineer.

>>66385182
Oh yeah, our soups are sometimes boiled with meat/bones in them to give it an extra punch. A hearty soup is usually a nice meal on its own when you don't want something too heavy.
>>
>>66385351
Coimbra só é bom para foder porcas da Uni. que só querem piroca, mais nada.
>>
>>66385182
Thanks, I'll hopefully find something interesting. If not, it's no big problem - I'll just eat pizza and drink lots of port, fun either way.

>>66385270
Pls no bully, I'm a lifelong vegetarian and had no choice in the matter. Could change and eat meat now I'm an adult, but it's cheaper and healthier to avoid meat so I see no reason to change yet.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.