[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans stick to the concept of race? It's obsolete.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Why do Americans stick to the concept of race? It's obsolete. I mean, racial division was actual for USA in 19th century when they had two major cultures of whites (overwhelmingly WASPs or at least people from Western Europe) and blacks (slaves/former slaves from western Africa).
But now it's a pure idiocy. White? What do me, Russian, have in common with WASP except the skin color? What common do have African Americans and immigrants from Zimbabwe? What common do have Indonesians and Mongols except the "Asian" box in census?
Why not be sane people and use actual divisions like ethnicity?
>>
>>66276486
Why do you care
>>
>>66276486
Because multiculturalism is a lie. Every ethnic group that comes here usually stays together. I wish it weren't the case but most people refuse to see beyond their race. White people do it to but we don't really have to try, it just happens by osmosis.
>>
>>66276486
take some time to observe their history, sergei you will come to a conclusion that of all white men it is the americans who are the most obsessed with racial concepts.
>>
>>66276675
It's stupid and I play DV lottery that year.
>>66276770
>Every ethnic group that comes here usually stays together
Well, in a long run people still mix (for example, for most of muricans their 19th century ancestors are just muh heritage) but racial division is stupid. "White people". When people in USA say it they usually imply weaterners and so while actually Russians and even Arabs are considered white by the census. It's true from anthropology point of view but it's total bullshit from social and cultural. We do not benefit from white privilege, our culture and history is totally different. Ethnic division is the only sane.
>>
>>66276486
Slavery desu, they even had a civil war over it.
>>
>>66276927
>americans
>white
Americans are few different races, lol. Black Americans are Americans too.
>>
>>66277074
It was 150 years ago and USA has changed totally since that time: they became a superpower and got millions of immigrants from all over the world representing different ethnicities. Racial concept was okay for USA when ethnicity and race were a synonyms there but it has actually become obsolete in late 19th century already (when Irishmen, Jews, Italians came).
>>
>>66277158
There's still some resentment regarding the civil war though and I think it still influences their society today (e.g. the KKK).
>>
>>66277260
>KKK
Isn't it a meme now? I guess pol retards are more influential now than kkk
>>
>>66277081
ok ok.
but the americans makes some extremely racist bullshit out of their whiteness such as manifest destiny and white mans burden that the other white guys didn't tried, which makes them stand out on race obsession.
>>
You're a retard if you don't think there is common thread between European culture and society compared to that of the other world regions.

Also top kek at the never ending lament of Europeans in their ivory towers who have never lived in an area swamped by minorities. The crime, people arguing on the street, and general presence of drugs is disgusting.
>>
>>66277346
>I guess pol retards are more influential now than kkk
Very true but the KKK are still active.
>>66277486
I live in an area "swamped" by middle class Indians and it's a nice place to live. Checkmate racists.
>>
File: Chisala-4.png (138KB, 599x713px) Image search: [Google]
Chisala-4.png
138KB, 599x713px
>>66276486
Niggers are dumber and commit more crime than average in every western country.

Pic related. This is from the UK. A massive welfare state and a history of no "oppression" towards niggers yet they score lower.

There is more genetic variation within Chimpanzee population than between Chimps and Humans. Yet nobody would deny that we are a separate species.

Small differences in genetic variations between populations can have a MASSIVE impact.

/drops mic
>>
>>66277902
>a history of no "oppression" towards niggers
Lmao, who do you think transported all those Africans to America?
>>
yeah just 25 years ago race was starting to be de-emphasize but then the left literally brought back segregation and the term 'colored people'
>>
>>66278119
A city on the hill, my boy. A new morning, even! God bless.
>>
>>66278119
I misread your post as 35 years ago (hence the Bonzo quotes), since 25 years ago was Rodney King time.
>>
>>66277486
>The crime, people arguing on the street, and general presence of drugs is disgusting.
Feels like Russia, lol.
>European culture
White people doesn't mean European, idiot. Russians are white but not European. Georgians and Chechens are white but not European. Many Turks are white but not European. Many Iranians and Afghanis look white yet they aren't European. That's why I say it would be logical to use ethnicity instead of race.
>>66277902
I am talking about other thing, racist idiot. Can you read the post? I say that there is nothing common between Ethiopian and African American except the skin color so define them both as "black" makes no social sense. They have different culture, religion, behavior. Same with all the other races. Russians and WASPs, Mongols and Indonesians.
>>
>>66276486
Go to the US for 1 day
You will immediately see that you have more in common with someone on the other side of Europe than you do with blacks
They're just different
>>
>>66278461
>White people doesn't mean European, idiot.
Yes it does, since racial profiling by color was om use before races mixed and created sub-races.

>Russians are white but not European.
Nigga how daft are you?
>>
>>66278588
Russians are a European/Central Asian hybrid.
>>
>>66277348
White man's burden was European too
>>
>>66277610
Indians are caucasoids
Try living with negroids
>>
>>66278535
>than you do with blacks
With blacks maybe. But considering my experience in talking to Americans, Hispanics were the most bro tier while they aren't white by American standards. Also I have never felt anything "different" about Asians because Russia is full of Asians and I see nothing special about them. Most of Russians are okay with buryats who are Asians and don't like Chechens who are white.
>>66278588
>Yes it does
It doesn't. European is a cultural thing, whiteness is an anthropology.
>before races mixed and created sub-races
Chechens has been white since ever and has never been Europeans. Same with many Afghanis, for example. Or Turks.
>Nigga how daft are you?
Russia is a westernized country but we aren't European by nature. Calling us European is like calling Turks European. Or Japanese. We had Peter, they had Ataturk, but our core culture is not European. Nor it's Asian. I would call us Eurasian culture, or just a Russian.
>>
>>66278900
There's some "negroids" here too. One's a doctor I think.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.