[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how long would 100,000GBP last in Mexico? I am a 28 yr old British

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: original_289.jpg (56KB, 500x606px) Image search: [Google]
original_289.jpg
56KB, 500x606px
how long would 100,000GBP last in Mexico? I am a 28 yr old British NEET who may be coming into some money soon. I want to escape this horrible little prison of an island but I have no qualifications or work experience. I am thinking of taking the money I may soon receive and moving to a different country. I considered a south asian shithole, where 100k could probably last the rest of my life, but I don't really want to live amongst those people. They are unattractive and I don't like the look of their culture. Mexico looks like a good option, beautiful women and even more beautiful landscape, but I have no idea about the price of living there. Would 100k british pounds go far? I don't really plan to live longer than 20 years more anyway.

pic unrelated
>>
I'm not from Mexico, but avoid the parts that immediately border the US, as that's where all of the fucked up shit happens.
>>
>>66231996
don't lose your head m8
>>
6 years maybe 10 if you live simply
>>
I think Jalisco is alright?

And if Mexican prices are like Brazil's you could probably live relatively comfortably for some 3 to 4 years on that money.
>>
Pleast stop posting pics of this famous Pole.
>>
>>66232079
he's not polish
>>
>>66232064
3 to 4 years? Are you kidding me? I could live longer than that in this ridiculously expensive shithole.
>>
>>66232064
Oh wait, I miscalculated. You could live comfortably for some 10 years on that money.
>>
>>66232092
that's not what he said
>>
>>66232129
he wants to be polish so it must mean he isn't
>>
File: sad11.jpg (83KB, 732x732px) Image search: [Google]
sad11.jpg
83KB, 732x732px
>>66232144
>>
>>66232064
Seconding this, have a stay in Tepatitlan OP. Nice city, and I lived there for a good two months on less than one grand americana. Though I was staying and eating on my grandparents ranch so I don't know how much rent would cost. Also being a NEET loser I didn't experience the nightlife but just had a looksee and ate around places.

Women are hot though.
>>
File: 1439929785194.jpg (72KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
1439929785194.jpg
72KB, 600x853px
>>66232092
>nitzky
>not polish
>>
>>66232119
No, you were right meu amigo. By the time OP comes into the money, the pound will have devalued that much.
>>
>>66232217
we're too fat to squat
>>
You could probably live for around 7 to 10 years, depends on the city and your lifestyle.

Cities like San Miguel de Allende, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Cancún and Mexico city will take your money.

Check cities like Puebla, Pátzcuaro, Querétaro, Valle de Bravo.
>>
hi, i'm from Monterrey, Mexico, stop looking, there is no best place, internet is FAST, 200MB just for about 60USD, it is close to the border so if you ever need something from usa it is just around the corner, and overall it is the most advanced city in Mexico, best universities, best all.
>>
>>66231996
It depends, that comes to roughly 2,300,000 pesos, barely enough to buy a decent home in an upper middle calss area anywhere in the country, tho you might be able to get a small 2-3 bedroom apartment with 1,300,000 (Say Narvarte or Del valle in Mexico City) if you're smart/lucky on real estate. in this scenario you would have enough money to set it up (say 200, 000 pesos for moving expenses, furniture shopping, extras, a small used car, computer, even a new wardrobe if you're smart) and 200, 000 a year for the four years it takes you to start and finish a career from scratch. If you're smart you can go into UNAM (prestigious public uni, you basically pay next to nothing) and lead a reasonably comfortable student lifestyle with small trips to the beach and other vacations and drinking on the cheap with fellow students, etc. while having 4 years to adapt at the end of which you'll have a degree. It won't be near enough if you loose your ground but it's a solid middle class lifestyle.

Now, saying you're going for strict NEET routine you could probably cut down to 10, 000 pesos and live pretty cozy and comfortable provided you mostly eat home and don't spend in an extravagant fashion, eg you would still be able to buy some clothes, eat out once or twice a week at affordable places, etc. This would last you something roughly (120,000 a year times 6 = 720,000) something over 6 years, though you might spread it further depending on hiow frugal you plan to be.

This is living cheaply in an upper middle class area, a less secure living arrangement might be renting a cheap home in a little known town, you could make it a touristy one that still gets nice landscapes or even beach and internet access, you could make it as cheap as say a 5,000 peso a month rent (could be anywhere from a small room to a large house with a yard depending on the area and where you would rather live in town) so substracting 100, 000 for moving setting up CONT
>>
>>66232463
it is like living in the US but way cheaper and in spanish, if you only seack english you won't have any problem, most young people speakenglish already
>>
File: 1456637054151.gif (594KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1456637054151.gif
594KB, 200x200px
>>66232463
>>66232492
>>
>>66232489
don't listen to this guy, Mexico city is where all the shit goes, the only reason the city is ok is because MExico citycollects the money form all the other states as taxes and they keep the money for themselves, UNAM is a shity university, in Monterrey we have ITESM. we laugh at people at UNAM in every contest.
>>
File: 1470632316954.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470632316954.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>66232556
>>
>>66232489
CONT, no car and a more spartan but still plenty comfortable set up, you would get 2, 200, 000, since living costs are a lot lower, you could even afford to eat at a small retaurant daily (comida corrida) and bring it down to say 7,000 pesos a month (still plenty comfortable) wich makes 12, 000 with rent, that's 144,000 living expenses a year for a good fifteen years (2,160,000) which might give you enough time to either save up through some frugal months or small odd jobs to reach your target 20, so it is doable provided you can adapt to things like say maybe move out if the place you've chosen has become too gentrified, etc. Small nameless towns in Veracruz, Chiapas, Tlaxcala, Hidalgo, Yucatán or Baja California Sur ould afford you this lifestyle in everything from forests to jungles, the real problem perhaps being you may have to invest a bit on getting a nominal job so you can stay legal and use universal healthcare. Doable but you would need smarts and a bit of luvk not to have to work for a living or spend half your money in the first few learning curve years. Still, you may want to leave yourself an out as you don't want to end up middle aged and with no options, maybe learn a couple of jobs on the internet in the meantime, or teach English a couple of days a week wherever you're moving.
>>
>>66232556
Yeah, I was doing a reasonable thought exercise, UNAM is pretty good and top ten when it comes to any rankings for Latin America, and unlike ITESm it's free, how much is a semester going for in your option, do you even know? Mexico city is the largest GDP of any entity and a lot better quality of life than Monterrey, for one you don't need a car if you live in the south/downtown, Monterrey is overrated when it comes to living standards and it's a lot harder place for a foreigner to fit in, there's something like half a million Americans in mexico City for a reason, and these aren't old pensioners as everywhere else.

Seriopusly, if you're going to go "don't listen to this guy" at least offer viable options, ITESM isn't one for someone looking to stretch their money.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.