[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it true that americans dont really care about the rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1474375903395.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1474375903395.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
is it true that americans dont really care about the rest of the world ?
>>
>>66195167
I don't know but they're a better world police than china.
>>
the whole world belongs to america
>>
>>66195167
It's true I don't care about turkey
>>
>>66195167
I think it just doesn't occur for the majority of them. Their philosophy and politics tends to have "in the united states" in subscript everywhere, which would be fine if they didn't then argue it was applicable universally.
>>
as an american that DOES care about the rest of the world, i can confirm Americans in general do not give a flying fuck.
Many of them can't place foreign countries on a map aside from canada and mexico, maybe china. Actually one girl I met thought that Russia bordered us to the North and Canada was in Eastern Europe
>>
>>66195167
Our military cares too much.
>>
>>66195167
Most of us don't

Personally I try to stay aware of international politics but I usually don't give a flying fuck unless it involves America, Canada, or maybe Mexico.
>>
haha :)
>>
>>66195167
No they care WAAAY too much, that's pretty much the entire problem.
>>
>>66197992
The government/ military yes. The general population couldn't care less. They hardly even care about conflicts WE are involved in.
>>
>>66197992
Our government is not the average American, I'd rather the government stop going on nation building missions but I mean its not that big of a deal, its on the other side of the world
>>
>>66198076
>but i mean its not that big of a deal, its on the other side of the world
Literally perfect example
>>
I was talking to my mom the other day, and she thought that only America and a few other countries had any kind of democracy. I think that says enough about how much Americans care about other countries.
>>
American people couldn't give less shits.

I admire them for that.

However their government do care to take resources ofc.
>>
>>66198039
>>66198076
Sure, I can agree with that.

I do think a lot of Americans "expect" the outside to have certain amenities that they are used to though, a sort of sanitized, streamlined replicatable experience. Exotic but not TOO exotic.
>>
The thing is, USA is a helluva big country. A simple farmer in Iowa doesn't give the flying fuck to anything too far from his farm and some national politics. He gives no thought about maoris in Kenya.

Same way a russian babuskha cares about her family and local stuff much more than what's happening in Italy right now.

Or an Indian untouchable cleaning sewers ever thinking about Guatemala. I really doubt this happens.

Big countries do that to their people.
>>
>>66198608

>national politics

It's not just national politics, it's geography in general. If you pointed to a random country on a map, most Americans would not be able to tell you what it is unless it's something like Mexico or Canada.
>>
>>66195167
they care enough to start wars all over it
>>
>>66198802
The only two people in my U.S history class at college who had a somewhat grasp of WWII were me and britbong immigrant. Sad, really.
>>
Thank you Canada bro. We love you too.

https://www.tellamericaitsgreat.com
>>
yes. that's why were fine with bombing and killing whoever. Because if you ain't american you're barely human
>>
>>66198802
honestly I think its a state-centric thing. Most people I know can't even point out many states beyond their home one and its neighbors
>>
Look up which country gives the most amount of money as foreign aid per-capita
>>
>>66200853
Look up which country leverages that "aid" for trade deals, mineral rights, overseas bases, etc.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.