[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Irish people seem to like New York City so much? For most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

Why do Irish people seem to like New York City so much? For most of us in the US, it's kind of an overpriced shithole, but apparently tens of thousands of Irish like it so much they're willing to work illegally just to stick around.
>>
File: 000000000000000.jpg (62KB, 460x647px) Image search: [Google]
000000000000000.jpg
62KB, 460x647px
>>66190645
>>
>>66190645
Big Irish community and it's exactly what Ireland doesn't have
A metropolis.
The Irish that leave Ireland are obviously the least satisfied with life in Ireland, so their looking for something different
We have small towns and small cities, so it makes sense that they'd want a big one
>>
>>66190950
Isn't London the natural choice for that; maybe Paris if you don't care for the English?
>>
>>66190984
>London
There's lots of Irish in London too
>Paris
Not sure what the situation is over there, maybe there's already a large Irish population, if not, maybe we just can't be arsed to learn French
>>
dunno
>>
>>66191034
Maidin mhaith mó chara, /éire/ cathain?
>>
File: aerial-view-of-dublin[1].jpg (4MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
aerial-view-of-dublin[1].jpg
4MB, 3000x2000px
>>66191019
Dublin is fair-sized, though. It's not exactly a small town anymore, with almost 2 million people in the metro.
>>
File: new york5.jpg (315KB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
new york5.jpg
315KB, 1100x732px
it's the best city you don't value it just because it is so close to you and you can visit it any weekend.

Just like i don't value seeing Red Square every day on my way to work
>>
>>66191109
>no sky scrapers
>no yellow taxis
>not the most famous city in the world
>chinese
I imagine the Irish you get in NY are attention seekers who want to feel special by moving to "the big city". Just a real life example of falling for the memes.
Obviously there we do romanticise NY to a certain extent since half our population fled there to escape starvation and/or the English
I imagine you've met Americans with a similar attitude towards London, where they think everything is perfect and lovely.
>>66191171
>its the best city
Personal opinion really, i don't care for big cities, they make me uncomfortable
>>
>>66191077

>>66191173
>>66191173
>>66191173
>>
Didn't know there were still Irish fucking off to New York, Canada seems to be all the rage.
>>
File: 1474185383676.png (375KB, 645x432px)
1474185383676.png
375KB, 645x432px
>>66193888
>Dubliners leave for Canada to escape the chinks
Imagine their face when they land
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.