[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Your favorite word origins. 엿먹어 - "yeong-mok-eo"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Korean_candy-Ttangkong_yeot-01.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Korean_candy-Ttangkong_yeot-01.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
ITT: Your favorite word origins.
엿먹어 - "yeong-mok-eo" is a Korean phrase, essentially meaning "fuck you." The phrase literally translates to "eat yeot." Yeot is a type of candy, which in its raw form resembles a phallus.
In 1964, some Korean school children failed a standardized test, because one of the questions asked which ingredients could be used to make yeot, and many people argued there were two correct answers. The parents of these children protested outside schools and education bureaus, telling the officials to "eat yeot."
>>
>>66174199
No one use that word if involoved in dirty conversation.
Actually, all foreigners are autistic to learn what idioms are being used; it is really funny when they are angry and try to speak in Korean.

All foreigners coming here to live are plebs or disabled unless they have excellent academic background and working for TNCs or really solid companies. This is the fact that would never change.

But But I appreciate all those American soldiers stationed here even though they are plebs.
Rest are fucktards.
>>
>>66174458
>unless they have excellent academic background and working for TNCs or really solid companies.
This is what I really fucking hate about Korea.

t. best friend is Korean and used to volunteer for Korean society in Brisbane
>>
>>66174652
Why hate that?
>>
>>66174458
>But But I appreciate all those American soldiers stationed here

Yes and we appreciate controlling your military, colony.
>>
>>66174876
I love it.
>>
>>66174801
Like Korean girls - it doesn't matter what kind of person you are, it's all about what brand is that watch you're wearing and how big is your bank balance. It's as fucking soulless as the Chinese.
>>
>>66175116
In Korea, those high standard workforce are treated humans. Just like in any other nations.

Are you saying that.
Do you want us to treat koreaboos, English teachers, exchange students (those who are also koreaboos), Hassans doing 3D jobs or bought-wife from shit countree as normal?

Those I just mentioned make up about 80 to 90 percentage of foreigners living here.
>>
>>66174199
I actually heard of that phrase a couple days ago from a friend, interesting.
>>
>>66175297
Well I never understood koreaboos, because while Korea has a lot to be proud of, on a societal level the country is a fucking shitshow. So either koreaboos admire this degeneracy or they're blissfully ignorant of it. In either case it seems like a mental illness to me. If you want to be boo about a county take a country with an interesting culture such as Turkey or one of the balkans.

There's nothing to admire about modern Korea, hence why probably many of these Koreans were trying to get residency in Australia.
>>
>>66174199
Japanese word "mara" which means "cock", though originally it's an obstacle on the way of a monk's enlightment.
>>
>>66175548
Whatever you say I don't get your personal view.
What doesn't change is that those who come here for work are trashes unless .. I said above in the first comment.

It's like an immutable law, never beaten/refuted.
>>
>>66175548
>If you want to be boo about a county take a country with an interesting culture such as Turkey or one of the balkans.

Excuse me, don't want to derail this thread, but what is interesting about culture of balkan countries?

And I kind of understand what you are saying. There was a guy in ex-yu thread, who goes to Korea regularly because of work, and he (in a nutshell) said that their development is at 10, while their society is at about 2, pushing for 3. There were many other things he said that are almost the same as what you said also
>>
>>66175116
naww. koreans emphasize hard work and achievement. chinks emphasize money, taking shortcuts and cheating. huge difference. koreans aren't as materialistic as you think.
>>
>>66176405
>but what is interesting about culture of balkan countries?

Everything ? Music, society, cuisine, language, history, landscapes, cities... I'm not quite sure how to explain it to you, but it really stirs the soul, hence why I have used my holidays over the past few years exploring various parts of it. I absolutely love it. But the moment I ask about this on ex-yu, half the time I'm dismissed as an idiot. Serbians and Macedonians are alright though, they tend to be helpful, unlike those shitposting hrvatskans.
>>
>>66176764
Well, I can see what you mean, if I put myself in the shoes of a foreigner, as all that culture and music and stuff are everyday occurrences for me, I just didn't know that the Balkans have some enthusiasts.

And for ex-yu threads, don't even bother, you have a much better chance asking for info/answers in a random thread, than asking on ex-yu or starting your own thread (it will get flooded with shitposters in a blink of an eye)
>>
so how bout them word origins
>>
Senzuri.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.