[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

detroit anon here. I am always annoyed when I see our reputation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

detroit anon here. I am always annoyed when I see our reputation on the internet as a terrible shithole.

People always neglect to mention that it wasn't always like this, this city used to thrive, we had a vibrant culture and a low crime rate.

And then NAFTA happened, the car companies left, everyone became poor af, crime went way up, massive foreclosures happened. It wasn't just NIGGERS LMAO, there is an actual coherent reason this place is a shithole

Next you mention my city as the butt of some stupid joke, also mention how we got this way. Ok, thanks for the talk
>>
>no yous
>>
>>66150632
>>66150739
(You)
Personally I already knew all of that though, so I don't really know what to say here.
>>
>>66150632
>People always neglect to mention that it wasn't always like this, this city used to thrive, we had a vibrant culture and a low crime rate.
no they don't, unless they assume everyone already knows which is usually the case. The whole point on shitting on Detroit is the fall from where they were, there are other cities that are worse off but have never been that decent.
Regarding niggers, them being the majority probably severely limits the city's ability to rebound.
>>
>>66150632
Is it getting better? I've heard there are lots of new developing projects and investments.
>>
>>66150988
it's actually rebounding pretty well. Detroit right now is a real oppurtunity for the average man like you or me to own or make a business from the ground up. People are buying old ruins for dirt cheap, refurbishing it and creating cool things with it
>>66151253
slowly but surely. I'm gonna buy a house soon and renovate it (house cost only 5k)
t. michigan guy
>>
>>66151846
>t. michigan guy
Turn off the proxy
>>
EMINEM
>>
>turning our colony into a shithole full of africans

I don't even know if you do that because you hate us or if you just wanted to make it look like France...
>>
ay yo gib dem dum did dun dem dope got dat dum nig don got ma check gon go git some at the sto gon rob dat muhfugga
>>
>>66150632
Fuck Detritus. And this shit started way before NAFTA.

My home town's largest employer was Chrysler. In 1980 the town had 22,000 people, and 3000 worked at Chrysler. In 1990 the town had 16,000 and 0 worked at Chrysler.
>>
>>66151902
im visiting my gramps

also look up "dan gilbert"
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2016/04/28/dan-gilbert-bedrock-downtown-detroit-buildings/83681698/

people are a bit divided on him.
>>
>>66151997
which town senpai?
>>
>>66150632
The labor union was too strong
You paid too much to the workers
>>
>>66150632

>And then NAFTA happened
>Implying your city was competitive without the protectionist tariffs and nontariff barriers
>>
>>66153025
>>66153055
That's the fucking point of protectionism you globalist cunts
>>
>>66153104

Just admit you like being coddled by Big government. Like how you called for your mommy when you got bullied in school.
>>
my cousins used to live in Detroit and now they moved to Athens, Greece hahah they just like poor cities.
>>
>>66150632

why did detroit become an unsafe death african shithole? so is economic failure a justification for that? why cant its inhabitants be decent human beings in spite of economic turndown?

> we dindu nufin

i bet other cities that got fucked by nafta never got so bad
>>
>>66153188
My dad worked in a factory and we had a decent middle class life. The factory closed down along with all other manufacturing plants in the city. Now there's no work in the city and no one has an income, and the skills you had are now pretty much useless.

That's what happened. Get your head out of your ass
>>
DMC! DMC!
>>
>>66153266
The city literally ran on manufacturing.
>>
>>66153323

I'm sorry bro but your Dad got complacent. Why would he expect jobs to be given to him? The world doesn't owe you anything, you either adapt to the changing environment or you get left behind.

Instead of bitching about muh gov and muh free trade Detroit had to step it up. But it didn't.
>>
>>66153516
>Detroit had to step it up
Nigga the entire economy was pulled up from under us. Don't give me that muh bootstraps bullshit.
>>
Are you black op?
>>
>>66153600

You literally posted Hiroshima. Their entire city was leveled and irradiated. All your bitching is bullshit.
>>
>>66153600
Sorry lad according to these guys nafta was literally worse than the holocaust x10 and killed america but not detroit because niggers.
>>
>>66150632
regain detroit techno or restart some alternative music then at least. shits now totally utterly sunk. the reason why it gets treated like shit is that you've lost both economy and culture. only the oldheads manage to make money, relying on their kudos of the ancient time, playing shitty worthless trashy house music in DJing. a few artists still make quality shit but most of them have been generic as fuck.

i dont give a shit about other things there.
>>
>>66153741
The culture left with the economy ;^(
>>
>>66153741
damn japan guy knows whats up
definitely too many old heads too think they rule the the town too.
>>
>>66153694
Do you really think it was the hard labour of the common people that rebuilt Hiroshima? Like all Jap megacities, it was capitalism and major corporate interests that built modern day Hiroshima.
>>
BUY THE DIP!

Detroit is demolishing houses by the hundreds every month. They are falling back, regrouping, and starting over. Pittsburgh did the same 25 years ago, and now it's a cool place to live. Detroit will be great in 20 years.
>>
Vote Trump
>>
>>66154088
Planning to, but he's not going to win. Sad shit man
>>
>>66153974

>it was capitalism and major corporate interests that built modern day Hiroshima
>Implying investors just throw money at something until it sticks

Nevertheless, Hiroshima was somehow an attractive investment environment after being nuked. What excuse does Detroit have other than not being competitive enough to maintain and attract investment despite being untouched by war?

This "muh NAFTA" meme needs to die.
>>
>globalism fucks you in the ass
>boohoo niggers
>>
>>66151253
no, its literally bankrupt

>>66150632
democrats not even once
>>
>>66153055
most people and manufacturing moved to the suburbs

but yeah NAFTA was a bad idea
>a 3rd world country with slave wages and no environmental laws
>>
>>66154316
democrat leadership fucked them in the ass

we still manufacture things here, just not in detroit

and wealthy country can still manufacture things, the US, Japan, Germany, France, S Korea
>>
detroit is slowly being reclaimed
>>
>>66154249
detroit was invaded by uneducated africans
>>
>guyz nafta is no big deal
>look at this other country that isnt in nafta to prove my point about how nafta doesnt matter

mexican mimimum wage is $4 A DAY
>>
>>66155993

>a 3rd world country with slave wages and no environmental laws
>Implying free trade should only occur between two identical labor and environmental frameworks

So you only do transactions within your county?

>>66156290
I didn't bring up Hiroshima, OP did. Again, why are you competing in the same labor market with a semi-literate foreigner? Must be because you are both alike, a low-skilled pleb. You fucked up if you didn't upgrade your skill set and thus can't continue to justify your undeserved wage.
>>
If Detroit gets fixed aka gentrified, the usual suspects will just start crying raycism over rent increases.
>>
>>66158305
This, same thing happened with NYC once it got a non-shit mayor. Detroit is what NYC was 30 years ago.
>>
>>66153266
Because there's a culture of violence and lack of respect for authority among African Americans. That doesn't mean all black people are bad, quite the opposite. It's a minority of young black men who kill each other in extremely high numbers for a multitude of reasons, many petty.
>>
>>66158305
nope. in fact many of them like dan gilbert who I am a bit suspicious of but can't really argue with
>>
>Detroit
>New Orleans
>Philadelphia
>Atlanta
>St. Louis

Why do blacks ruin everything?
>>
File: 1475070443380.jpg (142KB, 720x442px) Image search: [Google]
1475070443380.jpg
142KB, 720x442px
>>66159833
Because of w*ites
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.