[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>talking to an American >he starts talking about Irish,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

>talking to an American
>he starts talking about Irish, German, Norwegian heritage

You're not German or any of that, you're just a dumb American
>>
>>66095248
Why are you so rude?
>>
>talking to a Norwegian
>he starts talking about Syrian, Kurdish, Pakistani heritage

You're not a Norwegian or any of that, you're just a dumb sandnigger
>>
File: 75387583738.png (114KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
75387583738.png
114KB, 300x300px
>Americans still consider themselves Anglo Saxon
>>
>>66095248
No, he's a Irish/German/Norwegian-American
>>
File: Craig_070811_2.gif (39KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Craig_070811_2.gif
39KB, 300x225px
>>66095337
>poms still consider themselves people
>>
>>66095337
just as anglo-saxon as you

>The present-day English owe about a third of their ancestry to the Anglo-Saxons, according to a new study.
>Scientists sequenced genomes from 10 skeletons unearthed in eastern England and dating from the Iron Age through to the Anglo-Saxon period.
>>
>>66095362
Don't forget 1/128 Cherokee and 1/256 Icelandic while you're at it
>>
>be ethnic german living in germany in 1800s
>pack up and take family to USA to live in a small town with other ethnic germans
>200 years later, me

im obviously an american and not a german. but my heritage is obviously german. i didn't crawl out of the US constitution. im not part martian, i didn't fall from the sky. everyone, on both sides of my family, has german heritage.
>>
>>66095389
>Considers himself Anglo
Mate, you're a dirty German bastard. No other race of people on this planet is lower than Germans.
>>
>>66095389
>>66095425
WE
>>
Except Americans will never go on a rant about their German heritage. Only Irish and Italian descendants are obnoxious like that, merely a vocal minority though.

Reason being that Germans assimilated quickly, especially as the societal pressure ramped up in the wake of WW1.

>tfw German used to be as widespread as Spanish is now, if not more
>tfw there were vibrant German communities

What a shame about our retarded Kaiser and the War, would've loved to see a more German-inspired USA.
>>
>>66095425
>everyone
Doubtful, unless you live on a secluded farm or are Amish or something
>>
>>66095417
Only a minority of Americans/Canadians are descended from the original settlers, even less have native blood in them. Most can trace their lineage to late 19th century or early to mid 20th century immigrants.
>>
>>66095472
You do realize that both Anglos and Saxons are literally Germans, right? Unless you're a butthurt Celtcuck whining about muh huns, in which case, sucks to be on the losing side of history
>>
>>66095478
we literally wuz germans n sheeit. you can't rewrite history.

>>66095486
nope. my parents were the first in my family to leave the farm town. my grandparents have big family trees that trace everyone from germany or austria.
>>
>>66095486
You'd be surprised how many German enclaves existed in the US in the 1800s, especially in places like the Midwest, Pennsylvania and certain cities like Chicago. NYC was never that popular for some reason, probably because the Irish and the Italians had claimed that turf already.

Germans were also among the first on the West Coast too. Good amount of German-Americans in the PNW and NorCal.
>>
>>66095556
Interesting. Is your family fluent in German? I mean actual German, not that Amish dialect.
>>
daily reminder that the """"country"""" of germany is younger than new zealand
>>
File: uk_v_germany.png (249KB, 562x302px) Image search: [Google]
uk_v_germany.png
249KB, 562x302px
>>66095539
Shut your filthy mouth Hans. The German place is under the Anglo Saxon boot.
>>
>>66095588
Well into the 1900s. The U.S government was scared of native german uprising in support of the kaiser/fuhrer
>>
>>66095248
So fuck you. [shrug]
>>
>>66095636
my grandparents parents were the last in my family to speak german. we're midwestern and don't have any amish here, so i assume it was the real german language. 90% of my family came from northern germany like schleswig-holstein but idk what region the austrians came from.
>>
File: smug pepe communist.jpg (703KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe communist.jpg
703KB, 2500x1875px
>>66095318
>descendants of sandniggers and niggers who left for Europe want to be european
>descendants of europeans who left for America don't want to be american but european
>>
>>66095363
kek

>>66095472
>Anglo-Saxons aren't Germanic at all!
>Angles
>Saxons
>Not German

>>66095484
A lot of flyover America is pouring out of the seams with Steiner's and Schumacher's
South Dakota has a lot of Germans from Russia, and they still raise their kids to speak German and keep German traditions going.

Most people ignore German heritage because of WWII and the nazis, not because of WWI and your faggot Prussian """"Kaiser"""""
>>
>>66095799
norwegian is an ethnic group. you can't pretend to be norwegian.

american is NOT an ethnic group. anyone can pretend to be american (although it looks weird when shitskisn try it)
>>
>>66095472
My ancestors are mostly British
>>
>>66095850
Anglo Saxons are their own race you on the other hand are literal Germans

>tfw we got Germans to kill Germans in ww2

Only a cheeky bit of banter lads

>>66095919
Good lad
>>
>>66095484
>would've loved to see a more German-inspired USA.
ArlingtonNationalCemetary.jprg
>>
File: kyle.png (351KB, 451x687px) Image search: [Google]
kyle.png
351KB, 451x687px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84LnTrQ2us8

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>66096011
Please, none of these cuck commercials..
>>
>>66095888
You're still not ethnically norwegian if you don't comply with the cultural and linguistic background that makes an ethnicity, along with the genetic one.

If american is not an ethnicity, which is actually something we can both agree with, you americans have no ethnicity.
>>
>WE WUZ BRITISH AND GERMNAN AUSTRIAN, MUH ANCESTORS

What's next, you gonna draw a pic with a bavarian soldier and a 20 y/o loser on 4chan?
>>
>>66096053
>you americans have no ethnicity.
Cut to the chase, in America your class/income/socioeconomic setting is based on race.

No one cares about ethnicity, nationality, etc.
>>
>>66095975
>tfw we rose from the ashes while your empire collapsed, even though you were supposed to be the victors
>tfw your Queen is an inbred German
>tfw your performance in football is shite compared to us

just some banter eh lads ahaha
>>
>>66096053
Which is incorrect as every human has an ethnicity
I suppose you could call us ethnic mutts

>>66096091
n-nOH

>>66095975
>Anglo Saxons are their own race
>Two German tribes uniting and invading Britain means they aren't German anymore
Delusional
>>
>>66096053
we're not saying we're LITERALLY norwegian. we're saying that we have norwegian heritage ie "my roots come from this ethnic group in europe. no one claims to LITERALLY be irish/asdfasd/whatever
>>
>>66096053
It would be stupid for me to try and pretend like I'm ethnically British or European or whatever but I really don't see anything wrong with saying that my ancestry is largely British.
>>
File: le_sad_woodpecker.jpg (19KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
le_sad_woodpecker.jpg
19KB, 500x404px
>>66095658
tfw not welcome to join the commonwealth to stamp out the kraut
>>
>>66095248
>You're not Norwegianan or any of that, you're just a dumb Swede
FTFY
>>
>>66095337
>Americans still consider themselves Anglo Saxon
Says the Irishman.
>>
File: 1476277325751.jpg (110KB, 718x628px) Image search: [Google]
1476277325751.jpg
110KB, 718x628px
>>66096121
>tfw created the ashes
>tfw we steamrolled your country aswell as your women
>tfw when he's speaking English and playing football
>tfw we've stopped his Reich yet again
>tfw in your lifetime every Germany will become an Islamic nation

Ah yes, top dosage of banter
>>
>>66095504
>Only a minority of Americans/Canadians are descended from the original settlers, even less have native blood in them. Most can trace their lineage to late 19th century or early to mid 20th century immigrants.
I'm about a 50/50 mix. I dont think I'm that uncommon.
>>
If my heritage is not Czech, then what is my heritage? Where did I come from?
>>
>the reason Europeans are getting invaded and outbred by Muhammads is because they threw away their heritage
Ah yes classic
>>
>>66095636
Not him but those of us from pre WW1 families mostly lost the language. Assimilation was big especially with anti-German sentiment. First names became anglicized and some surnames as well. In one of the Dakotas though 5% of the populations native language is German. Also, I recall that the Amish also use an older version of Palentine German.
>>
>>66096203
>american education
>>
Ironically, the whole world is de facto American now. Here you are, speaking English on an American board, amusing everyone by acting as though your culture and language still have any relevance. It'll be completely forgotten in another few hundred years. Your grandchildren will speak only English.

And you won't even be real Americans. Just second or third rate, powerless europoorfags still trying to move to the US. And we'll laugh at you and throw mud at you. And you'll have to stay in your shitty, overcrowded, broken down, tiny little "countries" as they're overrun by smelly foreigners.

Makes me laugh just to think about it. Ha ha ha ha ha. :D
>>
File: 1475244728118.png (110KB, 286x217px)
1475244728118.png
110KB, 286x217px
>>66095248
>talk to a Norwegian
>he starts CRYING
>>
>>66095799
>want to be european
I'm not so sure they're trying all that hard based on Europe's recent events and crime stats. They just want to say they're European while acting like third world savages who try to turn Europe into their homeland.
>>
>>66096468
>Your grandchildren will speak only English.

And ours will speak Spanish.
>>
>>66096407
>Norway
>>
>>66096468
that's not irony at all you dumbass american
>>
>>66096493
>implying mexiuglies don't lose there language within 2 generations, just like every ethnicity of immigrants before them

the only thing that seperates mexiuglies is the sheer volume of how many of them that there are.
>>
>>66096468
>Wanting to move to the US
Had a laff
>>
File: 1474997102860.png (603KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1474997102860.png
603KB, 550x733px
Help /int/

Why when Yanks talk about their ancestry they are "muh heritage" fags, but no one cares when Aussies, Kiwis, or Canadians do it?

It's considered normal when we do it, but annoying when they do.
>>
>>66096121
>>66095975
By combining Krauts and Brits and throwing some other Euros in the world's sole superpower was created.
>>
>>66096053
You are stumbling in words, my friend.
If someone Norwegian born is raised outside of Norway, with a foreign culture, a foreign language, etc, he/she would still be ethnically Norwegian.
However, because the Norwegian nation consists of more that just genetics, they wouldn't be considered Norwegian. They would be considered foreigners with Norwegian ancestry at best.
>>
>>66096594
I don't even knew what's suppised to be so annoying about muh heritage. If that's how they want to identify themselves it's their business.
>>
>>66096617
>throw in some coward and cowards who couldn't hack it in the old world and let them stand back while Europe goes all out in the bloodiest wars in history while our mainland and infrastructure is untouched
>he he, back to back world champs
>>
>>66096576
>London
:DDDDDDDD
>>
>>66096617
You mean by importing Krauts, full stop. We were a shithole colonial backwater when we had a British majority.

Look at places like Appalachia and the South, the whites living there are all of British descent and they're basically all retards and povertylords, while the German and Nordic midwest and west is prosperous.
>>
>>66096407
>implying what I said was false because it hurts your nationalist feelings.
Go eat some Surströmming Sven.
>>
File: germanlanguageUSA.png (228KB, 636x419px)
germanlanguageUSA.png
228KB, 636x419px
>>66096530
It's gonna take a while though. I mean look at the Germans in the US: a fuckton of Krauts flooded your country in the 19th century and formed a bunch of German enclaves, complete with breweries, German-language only media etc. The assimilation was catalyzed by TWO wars and German still is a pretty common language in the US, as is German ancestry and remnants of German culture.

I don't see a war or any other situation that would pit Mexican against American culture which could force Mexicans to adapt or get out, so Mexican culture will be a bitch to assimilate, probably the greatest challenge thus far
>>
File: this is a 10 in michigan.jpg (55KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
this is a 10 in michigan.jpg
55KB, 960x960px
>>66096709
>Michigan

Top kek
>>
>>66096675
Yes working in a factory was a tough job compared to building a farm in the middle of nowhere while Indian tribes burn everything, kidnap your kids and later have them try to kill you.
>>
>>66096675
More dead Europeans is a bad thing? Seems fair to me. Wow, London really took a beating, didn't it? And after all the money we wasted trying to help you build it back up, you've turned it into one of the great shitholes of the world. Phew, I can smell it from here...
>>
>>66096703
This burger gets it. By the way, "burger" - the German city of Hamburg ring a bell? Or how about the Frankfurter sausage used in Hot Dogs? Those dishes were introduced by German immigrants as well as the Christmas tree tradition and Kindergarten (it's literally a German loanword). Goes to show how much of an impact Germans had. In business and developing wealth too, just look up John Jacob Astor.

The Northeast is fairly German too, especially upstate NY and PA. As for the midwest...probably not our finest showing. Most white folks in the Rust Belt are German too. The West used to be mostly German only in the beginning, it owes its wealth to a bunch of immigrants, even the more recent ones in the digital age.
>>
>>66096709
Really didn't expect Creole in Florida unless it's from Haitians. Being from CT I can confirm French but it's from French Canadians, they still speak it at home.
>>
>>66096781
>Yes working in a factory was a tough job compared to building a farm
The industrial revolution that saw the rise of factories came after the colonisation and founding of America. Also, no, working the line in a factory is not harder than being a farmer

>Indian tribes burn everything, kidnap your kids and later have them try to kill you.
Good thing you had Britain to defend you until you could do it yourselves
>>
>>66096806
>this salt
Might want to out it in the fridge. Anyway, don't be upset because I pointed out that you aren't really great. I can smell the yank desperation through the monitor. Oh yes, grasping onto whatever you can while trying to keep China and Russia down, which you won't succeed in doing either. Your petrodollar is failing. You're in so much debt. It is downright HILARIOUS. America isn't great. It never was. Move aside for China now, good lad.
>>
>>66096828
>unless it's from Haitians
It is. Shitloads of them in Miami, which is a monumentally shit city for anyone who's not a tourist.
>>
>>66096828
It is Haitians, Little Haiti is a district of Miami.
>>
>>66096703
Puritan new england was plenty prosperous.
and the folks who settled apalachia were germans and scots-irish who arrived in the early 18th century.
>>
>>66096822
Midwest is great. States like Nebraska and Iowa or whatever might be "boring" but they have some of the highest IQs and graduation rates in the nation. I'm not even from there, but don't fall for the coastie meme, coastal states are mostly shitholes full of shitskins and crime.
>>
File: 1341213240924s.jpg (7KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1341213240924s.jpg
7KB, 250x228px
besides the fact that it's factually true and anyone who isn't a moron won't deny it...
why would I want to associate myself with the dying leftist godless shithole that is europe
>>
>>66096822
>This burger gets it. By the way, "burger" - the German city of Hamburg ring a bell? Or how about the Frankfurter sausage used in Hot Dogs? Those dishes were introduced by German immigrant
Not really immigrants for burgers. Sailors from Hamburg introduced a dish they are which we called Steak Hamburg. During WW1 we started calling it Salisbury Steak. The burger part of a hamburger is the same ground beef but in a patty sans gravy and often without onions.
>>
>>66096976
The only Germans in the Appalachians are in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania. Not West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, northern Alabama etc.
>>
File: 1476251750130.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476251750130.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>talk to a canadian
>he calls you buddy
>>
File: tumblr_nushqvHieB1tsbxf7o1_500.png (79KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nushqvHieB1tsbxf7o1_500.png
79KB, 500x538px
>>66097036
Not anymore
>>
>>66096861
This still went on long after the revolution kidnapping, murder and robbery of natives and Americans was a big past time of Comanches Apaches including outside of their home regions. They are the reason for the Texas Rangers. Also, a lot of wars like the Pequot wars were heavily fought by colonial militias, one of my ancestors who first came served 17 years in the militia and fought in the Pequot War.
>>
>>66096936
>>66096966
I've only been in the airport. My sister said other than south beach and downtown it's a hellhole and if you see it once there is no point in going back. My Puerto Rican friend thinks it's great though.
>>
>>66097036
sorry guy
>>
>>66097018
Some must have been further south since the Kentucky Long Rifle was the Jaeger German immigrants brought.
>>
>>66096908
Then you must surely be able to hear me laughing?

I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt your feelings or rub your face in the truth, but it has to be done. China is declining again. So is Russia. American has by far the world's biggest economy again, and strongest military. No, don't try to lie about it. Anyone can look up the facts for themselves.

And American culture is replacing your fading culture, and all european cultures. And your comforting daydreams about the fall of America are, let's face it, just pathetic, comical delusions.

The Chinese can't save you. Russia can't save you. You'll be fully Americanized within a few hundred years. And you'l like it.
>>
>>66097434
Can you give me some examples of American culture that's replacing British or European culture?
>>
>>66097434
>The Chinese can't save you.
They don't want to. Canada will be their foothold in the New World.
>>
>>66096403
I guess that explains why Canadians are so much better.
>>
>>66097479
Hollywood, music, you call them chips not crisps, I'm sure more American authors are read by Canadians, American junk food, American pop art, etc. I'm not saying it is good but it's utter denial to pretend American cultural aspects aren't saturating Canada.
>>
>>66097576
In what, number of cuckolds per capita?
>>
>>66097576
Because your less German and more French?
>>
File: varg.jpg (76KB, 550x403px)
varg.jpg
76KB, 550x403px
>talking to a Norwegian
>he starts talking about Paganism and why it's the true European religion

You're not Aryans or any of that, you're just a dumb goy.
>>
>>66096822

The Astor family is from Italy originally. They were asked to settle in Germany after some war
>>
>>66096045

I see you are afraid of the truth. Don't worry all you little wannabe Germans and micks will see the light soon enough
>>
>>66097605
>>66097605
>Hollywood
2 out of 3 of the highest grossing films of all time were written, directed, and produced, by a Canadian.
>chips not crisps
This is an example of culture?
>I'm sure more American authors are read by Canadians,
Of the top 5 fiction bestsellers in Canada only 1 was written by an American
>American junk food
Such as? We do eat burgers, of course you eat Canadian food too.
>American pop art
No, I don't think American pop art is especially popular in Canada, unless you mean music? Then yes, pop music is popular, is Justin Beiber still the best selling contemporary pop artist? How about Drake?
>denial to pretend American cultural aspects aren't saturating Canada.
Certainly less than Canadian culture is saturating America. Especially when adjusted for population difference.
>>
>>66096594
America is more diverse than we are. The average white New Zealander is almost always entirely from the British Isles, whereas Americans are a bigger mixture of Germans/Scandis/Slavs/Brits/Southern Europeans etc, and so it's far less likely they're from one single ethnic group unlike us.

Although there are definitely plenty of Americans esp in small towns that come from a single ethnic background, they're tarnished with the same brush as the 1/6th Irish guy on St Patrick's day.
>>
>>66098184
Makes sense, cheers
>>
>>66096167
>no one claims to LITERALLY be irish/asdfasd/whatever
I've seen some people actually do this
>>
>>66098419
I'm literally Irish. I drink Guinness.

/meme
>>
>>66098482

I had spaghetti last night so I'm Italian
>>
>>66096468
>all schools teach British English

America's irrelevance is astounding
>>
I mean, I'm obviously white and not native American. We didn't appear here out of nowhere. Sure, I'm not pureblooded anything, I'm a mix of English, Irish, and Scottish. I'm interested in whatever countries my ancestors lived in hundreds of years ago, white Americans have literally the same ancestors as you Europeans if you go back 300-400 years.
>>
>>66099924
>I'm interested in whatever countries my ancestors lived in hundreds of years ago
why?
>>
>>66100073
I'm interested in the history of all cultures, especially ones my ancestors belonged to.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.