[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Portugal, Ireland, Arabs and Latin America and India

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1470836848536.jpg (70KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
1470836848536.jpg
70KB, 976x549px
Why are Portugal, Ireland, Arabs and Latin America and India so shit at sports?
>>
>fewer medals than no zealand
phelps BTFO
>>
>>65863252
Because 90% of the kids in this country that enroll on sports want to play football.

People don't care about the olympics. Not even olympic football as the good players refused to go to Brazil and prefered stayed at their clubs preparing for the upcoming season.
>>
File: 1474852147707.gif (706KB, 255x133px) Image search: [Google]
1474852147707.gif
706KB, 255x133px
>>65863252
Phew, we dodged that one.
>>
>>65863252
Why is Cuba such a wonder of a country?
>>
>>65863604
Galicians.
>>
>>65863252
gold medals don't pay for nothing.Our sportsmen only care about world championship etc,and the government doesn't really care about the olympics.It's voluntary.We're not here to have a dick measuring competition with other countries,it's pointless
>>
>>65863252
There's only one true sport
>>
>>65863252
This year was a Euro year, mate.

Can't beat them all.
>>
>>65863382
This is true for most countries in the world. How many kids do you think grow up in the UK wanting to be a clay pigeon shooter or a cyclist?
>>
>>65863252
>Ireland
Becuase most of us play Gaelic or Hurling, and these sports aren't in the Olympics
>>
>>65865421
Yes, but the difference is that we're only 11 million people. How much people do you think will be left for other sports?
USA alone has millions of swimmers between high school and college championships.
We're basically like Lithuania. Small country, completely nuts about one sport, but too small population to be the best at it.
>>
>>65863252
We have a small population and don't send many to the Olympics. I can't remember any medals we won that weren't boxing, rowing or horse riding.
>>
>>65865421
Yeah, but you guys have rowing traditions withing certain groups, tennis within others, athletics in high-school, etc, etc.

We have literally 0. Nobody even cares about sports where we actually are good at enough to see some investment, so people go into it self-paid. We have pretty great roller-hockey, table-tennis, etc, but nobody watches this, so there is no money involved. I know one of the guys that actually tried out for goalkeeping in roller-hockey and he's a doctorate student that only gets to train once a week.

This is a feedback loop that makes us okay at football, but little else.
>>
>>65863252
>spain has not won a single all-Ireland ever
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>65863252

>KEKXICO
>>
>>65863252
We don't care too much about professional/competitive sport events.
>>
>>65863252
>India pop: 1.25 billion
How can such a large country be so incredibly bad at sports? Is there any country even anywhere near as pathetic as India?
>>
>Arabs
>India

Raping women doesn't give them gold medals

>Latin America

Beheading doesn't give them gold medals
>>
>>65868423
Indfag here, I will answer your question.

Its because the majority is the population is kinda small and weak. That aside about almost half of india is poor. The other people who are middle class dont care much about sports outside of cricket since they pay 0 amount of money for it. I have a cousin who played in the comonwealth games and even got a medal and she was awarded 100k rupees which is nothing since even a house servant can make that amount in a year.

Everyone just tries to do well in school and get a decent paying job. Depending on when and where you buy land or build a house, it can greatly increase its value. My uncle bough his land and built his house 6-7 years about and paying about 100k for the land and 800k for building the house. Just the property alone now is worth about rs 3 mil. Even my grandparents house in the city is worth $150-200k and we are middle class.
>>
>>65863252
Because we just play our own sports.
>>
>>65869347

what are your sports?
>>
>>65863252
That can't be right
>>
>>65870787
Gaelic and Hurling mostly
>>
>>65863252
>bad at sports
>literally the number 1 in volleyball, football, MMA
>b-but your not good in some special snowflake sports therefore you are trash!
kek
>>
British ruined it all.Everybody runs after cricket here.
>>
>>65863252
meh we are a world power in boxing, in bull fighting and we even had the first non European to climb all 14 eight thousanders. We can also do all sorts of cool things with lassoes, who cares about meme Olympic sports like triple synchronized underwater ballet or hot dog binging?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.