[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the history lessons in other countries look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: leopold2belgium1835-12.jpg (24KB, 450x456px) Image search: [Google]
leopold2belgium1835-12.jpg
24KB, 450x456px
How does the history lessons in other countries look like?

Do they teach the bad face of imperialism too?
http://www.walkingbutterfly.com/2010/12/22/when-you-kill-ten-million-africans-you-arent-called-hitler/
>>
>>65862516
Yes actually
We read a short story account from an African who lived in one of the colonies where they made them climb the trees and harvest.
Gruesome.
>>
>>65862589
*harvest rubber
>>
>the bad face of imperialism

Imperialism was an entirely good thing. History education tries to present the opposite message, with sob stories about sad savages, but the true facts don't match the narrative, so it doesn't work.
>>
>>65862516
Yes but only soviet desu
>>
>>65862589
>>65862615
>they made them climb the trees and harvest rubber
Wow, sounds really awful.
>>
my Empire lessons were that it was 100% bad, probably just teacher bias though
>>
>>65862664
It was
They were sent into the jungle with baskets and expected to climb like 30 foot tall trees without equipment or rope
If they didn't bring back enough they were brutally beaten
If they were done early they were sent in with another basket
>>
>>65862780
>sent in to the jungle with baskets
Shocking!
>expected to climb trees
Because, of course, they'd never have done that before!
>beaten for slacking off
Good, don't want lazy workers.
>sent in with another basket
It's important to encourage the best to exceed themselves.
>>
File: a.jpg (49KB, 440x366px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
49KB, 440x366px
>>65862589
>Awwww the poor gorrilas :(
American pussification is horrifying , they could have had a beautiful country and plenty of niggers for various jobs , but dey iz humanz 2 n sheit so now they have chimp-outs and they don't even get punished for it.
>>
>>65862859
>>65863087
Haha wew I sure troled me good
Triggered XDD
>>
>>65863460
>implying anyone is trolling
You Americans are such limp-wristed snivelling cuckolds.

https://radishmag.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/come-back-colonialism/
>>
>>65863460
http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1713275,00.html
>>
>>65862516
our history lessons are focused on we wuz dindus desu
>>
>>65862516
In the last year of secondary school some of us read Heart of Darkness

World History is kind of lacking, however. We get one year of it, but for some reason there's also a mandated history class for your own state, so I spent a year learning about peanut farms and swamps and other bullshit instead of important world history.
>>
>>65864062
this
>>
>>65863627
>>65863778
>You're not a complete fucking sociopath haha what a cuck
Really odd when people are such massive fucking failures they fantasize about owning slaves, they have the audacity to call other people cucks
>>
>>65864397
>wanting to bring civilisation, knowledge, and advancement to the most pitiable peoples of the world makes you a "sociopath"
I say stranger still is the tendency of extreme left-wingers to attribute (and inaccurately, at that) contrary views to personal flaws. It's almost as though they're projecting a tendency that they recognise within themselves.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.