[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Your country >Is it hard to find a job there? >How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

File: long-term-unemployed.jpg (570KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
long-term-unemployed.jpg
570KB, 1000x667px
>Your country
>Is it hard to find a job there?
>How do you find a job in your country?

Canada
Yes it's very hard I still haven't found a job and I don't know what to do

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FIND A JOB THESE DAYS
>>
are you actually jobless or just memein
>>
>>65854038
jobless for months

ive made like a dozen threads man idk what o do

i need a fucking job

im gonna hang myself I NEED MONEY

IM GOING TO ROB A NIGGA
>>
learn a Jave-script
>>
>>65854078
i need a job now you fuck

i have no money for food
>>
>>65854059
well, a warehouse job is almost guaranteed, but nobody wants to do that shit
>>
why get a job when you can make a living as a professional gambler?
>>
>>65854146
I've tried, it didn't work

>>65854134
is that worth it
>>
File: 1456772002360.jpg (189KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456772002360.jpg
189KB, 640x360px
>Alberta
>the 2014 oil crash ruined the economy, no jobs, steady stream of layoffs still happening

Saving money to get a CS degree because I fell for the trades meme
>>
It's all about who know
>>
>>65854189
you*
>>
>>65854059
Not sure what province, but go to your provincial services office, they will get you a job.
I am pretty much in the worst province for jobs, but the only people that don't work are those unwilling to.
>>
>>65854223
im in ontario

i swear to fucking god im going to rob a nigga if i don't find a job

i have no fucking food

i havenlt slept in days
>>
Well I'm an commercial electrician.

When I was 19 I just moved to Edmonton on my own and handEd out resumes until I got a job. Now I make 40$/hrs and get benefits and stuff

It only took a week but that was edmonton in 2012.

You can get a good job if you are willing to move to the right city. Edmonton isn't a good bet anymore though try Regina or northern bc. A lot of times its easier to get a real career than it is to get a wage slave job. Every loser applies at McDonalds don't get sucked into that trap if you aren't learning any skills from your job it won't go anywhere
>>
>>65854180
this is what happens when you go full venezuela mode and only build one industry.
>>
>>65854230
This seems like bullshit. I have never heard of a sane Canadian going hungry, especially if they are willing to work.
Even if they are just lazy as fuck, there are a gorillion ways to get free money and food.
Go to the foodbank tonight, then go to outpatients for something to help you sleep this weekend, then go to Service Ontario on Monday morning for a job.
>>
>>65854230
nigga i just graduated with a meme STEM degree and have 600 dollar a month payments coming up.

there are maybe 5-10 entry jobs related to my field opening a month and most give out quite meagre salaries (20-30k a year). still haven't found one.
>>
>>65854289
i hate working for people dumber than me

fuck this shit desperate times call for desperate measures
>>
finding a job even a while after college/school graduation with no carrier is very hard here.
most of the jap students look for their job during their college days, that I didn't.
>>
>>65854087

but you don't think about it in advance
>>
flag

it's only easy if you majored in engineering in college. other majors tough luck. first you need to take the standardized english proficiency test in which you are expected to score at least 90%. college grades also play a big role in searching okayish job. you need to join exchange student program, do volunteer works, be a leader of a student organization, etc. Even then you can only hope for okayish job because higher end jobs are only for engineering students. oh and if you're old, say you're applying for your first job in your 30s your resume, into the trash it goes.
>>
File: 1469814171701.jpg (48KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1469814171701.jpg
48KB, 500x486px
>>65854269
Alberta during the crash is still better than most of the country still, Vancouver is basically doomed, all it had was a housing bubble that's collapsing now with the new mortgage rules and the foreign buyers tax, there's some tech industry but it's suffering because nobody can actually afford to live there. Toronto is the same thing, largest parts of the economy there is construction and financial services AKA mortgages, they;re considering a foreign buyer tax too

Household debt is higher than America before their housing bubble popped in 2007

Canada is a meme country with a meme economy and is basically meme'd
>>
Hard to find anything that isn't complete shit

Mediocrity would be fine but nope
>>
>>65854302
>dumber than me

They are the ones with jobs unlike you
>>
>>65854355
ontario is doing alright, most major cities in the golden horseshoe (toronto, oakville, burlington, hamilton, vaughn) etc. almost went into recession with the oil crash but thankfully we have massive infrastructure projects going on. for example my city of 800k got 3 new major hospitals in the last decade and getting a light rail.

its fantastic that your poster boy stephen harper invested fucktons more money into ontario than anywhere else.
>>
>>65854302
>I hate working for people dumber than me

Should have no trouble finding a job then kid. Good luck with puberty btw
>>
>>65854451
thanks fag wagecuck

go suck mr schlomoberg's dirty ballsack.

maybe he'll give u the privilege of working for him a little longer this week to pay for your mortgage

faggot cuckold
>>
>>65854448
>or example my city of 800k got 3 new major hospitals in the last decade and getting a light rail.

what city senpai?

I'm thinking of moving to Guelph, seems like a cozy please overall
>>
>>65853912
Canadian Niagara Falls in the 50's.
Been there recently. All Indians and Chinese.
Maybe that's why you can't find a job.
>>
woah, Canada is this fucked up about the lack of jobs?
>>
Keep welcoming more immigrants lads

Multiculturalism is wonderful! Now it seems it's already costing you your jobs, soon it will lower your wages even more, and later you won't have anything left anymore
But wait, you're good people! So tolerant!

Wish you luck pals, but I can't help laughing a lot when I think pajeet and ching jung gong are actually taking the jobs you wanted for like 1/3 of the wages you would get paid 20 years ago while you're all here complaining about how hard it got getting hired today
>>
>>65854539
stfu monkey
>>
>>65854484
hamilton.

we are getting alot of government/academic projects and the province is investing tonnes into healthcare/education.

its almost feels like we are leaching off the government because we don't get big business coming in here and setting up shop.
>>
>>65854565
I'm american, leaf
>>
>>65853912
I dont know about whole cunt but getting a job in my city is pretty bad. The local government is trying to build new industry and do things to keep employment up but all the baby boomers and half the gen X's who are already employed in a stable high paying job keep saying no to everything.

I cant even get into basic ass retail jobs so I'm just gonna get my diploma in lab tech and bachelor in science because they're building a health and biomedical precinct in my city and that seems like the best career choice atm.
>>
>>65854571
Am I invited to hamilton?

How much is rent there
>>
America

The future looks grim
>>
>>65854642
cheap. there are parts which are really bad ie you see druggies or homeless everywhere downtown.

rents quite spread out, there's no "established" market price because alot of places are slowly improving but alot of places are sorta rundown and cheap. but a liveable bachelor's is like 600-900.
>>
>>65854682
Sweet bto that's decent

I'm a current neetfag who wants to move out, was considering like Hamilton, Oshawa etc. Hammy seems pretty comfortable

Will we chill if I move there?
>>
I'm getting desperate here. Chem Eng. Damn oil crisis.

Thinking lately about starting a business on my own, I need to get somewhere with this.
>>
>>65854682
Pls reply
>>
>>65853912
Stop sitting in front of your computer you retarded Leaf. Fall will come sooner that you'd except when you don't get your head out your ass and the tree will let you drop
>>
>>65854172
>i've tried, it didn't work
maybe it's because your skills suck at the game?
>>
>>65854539
shut up monkey
>>
>>65854539
>Muh refugees taking muh jobs
Small businesses die in White Canadian Suburbs due to lack of people and variety. White Anglo Canadians also tend to only buy from Brand names. In larger multicultural cities, smaller businesses are successful due to more population and variety in preferences.
>>
America

No

Depends on the job. If you want to work minimum wage, you can go on craigslist and fall into something.
>>
>>65854539
>deh tuk er jeeeeeerrrbs
People who seriously believe that have literally no fucking achievements in their pathetic and miserable lifes and no actual clue howthe jobmarket works.

Keep believing your fairytales and live your dream,spending your life in front of a rectangle.

Kys
>>
Canadian here, good luck finding a job, because you wont.

Also, in my part of Canada (Toronto) walking around as a white Canadian - you are a fucking minority. THere are sand niggers and chinks EVERYWHERE, like cockroaches.

Oh, and the average price of a small cheap house here is $700,000. You won't find anything cheaper than that.

Let's see, what else. Everything is super expensive and come January we are going to have a new fuel tax that will raise the price of gas by a good 5 cents a litre.

Canada is a skeleton shell of it's former self. We are literally a 3rd world shithole. Don't come here, many sane white people are jumping ship by the thousands. Meanwhile, those that can't are committing suicide in alarming rates.

Give it 20 years and Canada will be New India.
>>
>>65854172
>a warehouse job is almost guaranteed, but nobody wants to do that shit
>is that worth it

Warehousing is easy to get into, hard to manage. If you can count and understand the basic of how to operate a forklift, it's almost a gimme... at slim pay with asshole bosses who have a chip on their shoulder since they can't get into anything else (most of them, not all of them). Me: I tried to get out of it, but fell back into it when I found an awesome government position that required the experience I wracked up in it (which I didn't mention that it was secondary to writing... but since writing never provided one fucking iota of any currency...), now I get paid more than an entry level physician WITH a pension and benefits that I barely pay for but no one can fathom... shit job, easy to get into, shitty to deal with once you hit upper management... but actually plenty of "unicorn" positions if you stick with in import/export, distribution, and manufacturing. Shipping and brokers are dead ends though, too volatile, always closing and someone undercutting, fucking rodents eating rodents.
>>
>>65854920
Why not move to a small white city then? Houses there are as cheap as $200,000.
>>
>>65854920
You deserve to be jobless if you have no education to get a decent job and you are literally on the same page as sandniggers,chinks and nignogs that you try to assblast on the internet all day instead of looking for a job because you didn't pay attention at class.

Leafs like you are on the exact same level as most of the refugees with the difference that you spent your whole life in your country while leeching off your parents.And you still didn't manage to become something,that's why you shitpost on this board + /pol/ all day.

Fucking nigger

Kys
>>
>>65854882
Then explain me why things are going this bad right now and why 20 years ago they were way better than today
It's not just because there are tons of migrants, it's the whole package they bring in.
Who they vote for, the policies those politicians get allowed to pass when they get elected, the job market that's getting filled with more and more people willing to work the same jobs for lower wages and so on

I'm not mocking you nor anything like that, but I believe you're starting to realize it, that it should have a limit on those policies because you're already hitting the wall and finally facing the impacts they bring to your everyday life

If you don't change that things will get worse in the future, that's for sure
I live in Texas and people complain about it all the time
I believer Texas would be red this year even if Romney were the guy running for president
Can't say the same for Canada, your prime minister embraces all the causes that keep you from your jobs and people absolutely love him
Can you imagine when the people he's importing finally start being the majority?
There will be no way back, and they will love him forever because he was the one that let them in.

And then this will be your new country, friend
The country without jobs and without future
Don't tell me I didn't warn you when the time comes, m8s
I did my part
>>
No, not really, you can literally walk around and find an entry level job that can pay bills and food, finding a job with a better pay while being fulfilling its hard and rare, you have to know a lot of people to get a good job or get into one while doing an internship

Im working in a call center for a bank and its pretty chill
>>
>>65854985
No jobs
>>
>>65855169
HOLA COMO ESTAS ESE
>>
>>65854342
>applying for your first job at your 30s
Thats some amerishart tier retardation right there
>>
>>65853912
>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FIND A JOB THESE DAYS
achieving certificates, degrees or diplomas in fields where unemployment is low and future prospects are high
>>
>>65855217
>mfw when my whole service segment was named the best call center in america
Kek, the USA is going to shit
>>
>>65854565
>>65854871
>>65854882
>>65854902

>seriously denying the effects of mass immigration on the jobs market

You do know know that business is #1 supporter for mass immigration
You dovrealize poor immigrants vote for welfare policies that result in higher taxes, higher minimum wagers, more outsourcing and depletion of jobs
That's why libertarians who believe in open borders are a joke
Immigrants aren't themselves the problem
Mass immigration is
>>
>>65855342
I'm an immigrant
>>
>>65855367
Kek
>>
>>65855400
What's so funny
>>
File: 1464011853523.jpg (16KB, 275x244px) Image search: [Google]
1464011853523.jpg
16KB, 275x244px
Yes, it's hard. Nepotism is very common here, and it's so often about who you know. Internships are very useful too.

>tfw graduate NEET
>>
>>65855367
So am I.
>>
>>65855710
Where are you from?

Guess where I'm from
>>
>>65855776
Flip?
>>
>>65855776
>pakistan
>india
>philllipines
>US
>China
90% of the time its one of these
>>
>>65855804
>>65855836
All wrong :^]
>>
>>65855880
ok
>>
>>65855429
>>65855710
>>65855776
>>65855804
>>65855836
>Your country
>Is it hard to find a job there?
>How do you find a job in your country?

>but it's not actually my country, you know
>I'm an immigrant btw

Don't you think this thread should be about getting a job abroad instead of "in your country" then?
I don't mean to be rude, but your particular cases are way different from what you meant on the thread
>>
>>65856071
So if you're an immigrant it's not your country anymore?

I'm not living here am I?

At which point does it become my country?

What arbitrary set of conditions do I have to fulfill to be a citizen here according to you
>>
>>65856141
If you're a migrant it means you're leaving your country of origin in order to live abroad, you can read it on the dictionary

It's not like just because you migrated that you will find a job as easily as someone that lived there since he / she was born

You're searching a job abroad and that's why you couldn't find it yet
I'm not saying it's wring, but your case is not the usual, it's generally harder finding a job abroad than in your country of origin

It's naive thinking it's just the same thing
>>
>>65856235
Wrong*
>>
>>65856235
I've lived in Canada for 16 years

Is that enough to you?

At which point does this country become my home?
>>
>>65856342
When you die and are buried in it.
>>
>>65856445
Oh okay

I guess you're right, you've brought some very strong logic to the table, I don't think I can argue that point. Well played.
>>
>>65856486
Didn't mean for it to sound so aggressive friend, but you get my point.
>>
>>65856342
>I've lived in Canada for 16 years

>Is that enough to you?

It's not for me that you should be asking it, it's for the guys that would hire you and give you a job

Your case is not the usual, it doesn't mean it is bad nor better, but if I were wrong by saying that for a migrant to find a job is way harder than for a native person then you would already been hired
>>
>>65856522
So until you die you're not really a citizen?

Fascinating. Are the Irish who migrated here in 1831 not really Canadian either
>>
>>65856522
Wait no they died already they're citizens.

I mean their descendants
>>
>>65856607
Their descendants were born in Canada kek
>>
>>65856630
What is so special about being born on a piece of land
>>
>>65856342
>Is that enough to you?
if your grandparents at minimum weren't born here, then you are not canadian
cross-general integration is usually necessary before someone loses their previous nation's identity and becomes fully integrated
>>
>>65856714
And who decided this?

How did you come to this viewpoint? Did you just think of it now?

How can I have a previous nation's identity if I've never even gone to school there

And what if it's also a country that could be considered Western?
>>
>>65856486
You have to understand the mentality of a white person. With a few exceptions, we generally don't need to immigrate anywhere. When a Leaf, Bogan, Britbong, Burger, etc. moves to Germany or India for work, he doesn't demand that everyone start calling him German or Indian after 16 years. He calls himself an expat and understands that he's a guest of the nation, like any civilized person should. It's why we get treated so well abroad...it's not "white privilege", it's common decency.
>>
>>65856689
Getting a job, maybe

Let's stick to the subject, at first I thought this thread was about
>getting a job in "your country"
Then I discovered it was about
>getting a job abroad
And now it seems
>Am I a Canadian or not

I'm getting confused
But don't get sad m8, I'm not saying you're someone apart from the whole population just because you're not a native Canadian, I just pointed out the fact that it should be harder to you to find a job abroad as a migrant and maybe that's why you're getting troubles on it
I didn't mean to be rude, I just think it's naive that you're ignoring it as a cause for the problems you're currently facing
But I didn't mean that will keep you from finding a job, it only makes the task harder at the end, but it doesn't mean you won't find it

Keep searching for it and eventually you'll get hired m8, wish you good luck on that, but be realistic about it
Your case is a different one, you're not the average Canadian person, as you said, you're a immigrant
>>
>>65856865
You're making an assumption that I'm demanding anyone call me anything other than Canadian.

But I don't feel I'm a guest if I'm much closer to Canada than my would-be "country of origin".

It's like some weird strawman you're making
>>
Russia
For 128$ per month? No.
>>
>>Is it hard to find a job there?
Nah, you can walk on the streets and see flyers all around offering jobs with livable wage. And as long as I'm concerned blue collar jobs are on the rise in the last couple of years since they started opening american and Canadian factories in central and north México, anyone can apply as long as they have some form of experience and start with 5-8 minimum wages.
>>How do you find a job in your country?
In my uni they hire for call centers, if you have some sort of English certificate they double you the pay of those who are monolingual. There are a lot of freelance jobs for web development announced in my faculty, and every now and then Oracle, Microsoft or Cisco make a job fair and give paid internships to undergrads in the US.
>>
>>65856894
Why not though? Aren't you proud of your culture? Or I guess, the culture of the country you came from?
>>
>>65856891
Thank you Brazilbro

Ill try harder, I might just apply to mcdonalds, they give you a discount desu
>>
>>65856935
No not particularly given that I have almost nothing in common with it and I've lived in Canada multiple times more than I have there

I'm from Israel
>>
>>65856758
>How can I have a previous nation's identity if I've never even gone to school there
most of what you learn during your most important mentally growing years is from your parents
>And what if it's also a country that could be considered Western?
well obviously a slightly quicker transition
>>
>>65856950
Just don't take it so personally. You're a first generation immigrant. Of course it's going to be hard. I've been applying for jobs in the States for years and I'm from the whitest part of Canada. But of course they're going to hire an American before they hire me, unless I'm the most qualified. And if I did get one, the paperwork would be retarded. But i don't go crying about.
>>
Don't know don't care
>>
Canada.

Completely hopeless country in my opinion. I go on facebook and all I see are goofy kids my age (27 +/- 5 yrs) talking about how great Randeep and Mohammed are and how they take so much pride in their "forward thinking" or "diversity" or whatever the buzzword of the day is. I finished a Masters of Science and applied to 400 jobs in 3 months and 3 weeks. I got four interviews and landed one. This was with the expectation that I would have to relocate and so I applied all over Canada. Had to move across the country to do it all. Paid thousands to relocate myself for this job which is loooooosely related to what I did in school and pays 55k/yr before Trudeau's money grubbing jew hands get a quarter of it and another chunk goes to rent and food.

We're almost at our breaking point I would say.
>>
File: _20161008_043441.jpg (118KB, 768x790px) Image search: [Google]
_20161008_043441.jpg
118KB, 768x790px
>>65859070
Fuck I hate truedope

This man was completely right
>>
>>65853912
it's not really hard here, but will most likely have to work long hours for a shit salary, doing some uninteresting stuff
>>
>>65854189
This. If you grew up outside the cities in say a small rural town, and never new anyone important, you'll never get a job without going to uni first.
even the army is difficult to get into.
>>
South of France
Everyone say it's very hard.
Found after 1 week of search.
>>
it's hard to find workers here
>>
Austria
No. But it's hard to find a job that pays well.
W-writing to a place that is hiring? Or asking people you know.
>>
>>65853912
It's okay, based Trudes has just promised to bring in many more immigrants. That will fix things.
>>
>be spaniard
>have a job

choose one
>>
>>65855218
because korean high school students are too busy studying for the college entrance exam, a lot of them don't have jobs until later in life. college students are just too busy studying and preparing for the English prof test. More added stress if they are also participating in extracurricular activities. there aren't simply enough time for them to have an actual job before like 26ish. Did I mention that men have to throw away 2 years of their life serving the military? yea that also delays the job application.
>>
Once I typed up my resume and sent it to recruiting companies the jobs practically fell into my lap, but there was a period before it kicked off

I have a BSc and little else
>>
Yes, it's hard.
I'm wagecucked with 268$/month. I live near SPb, damn
>>
>>65853912
Germoney
Depends. If you fucked up in school it's probably hard. But other than that it can't be easier than getting a job here.
I got a job when I was 19 through a friend and climbed up the ladder into a higher position now earning 4800€/month.
>>
Seeing the trouble leafs seem to be having in here makes me happier that the trades meme actually worked out on my end.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.