[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teach me about Sikhs What do they believe? What are their traditions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: vaisakhi-sikh.jpg (243KB, 1180x787px) Image search: [Google]
vaisakhi-sikh.jpg
243KB, 1180x787px
Teach me about Sikhs

What do they believe?

What are their traditions?

Are they really bros?
>>
>>65810523
>What do they believe?
There is only one god.
God is without form and gender.
Everyone has direct access to God
Everyone is equal before God
A good life is lived as part of a community, by living honestly and caring for others
Empty religious rituals and superstitions have no value

>traditions
Males have to have their head covered with a turban. They can't shave. They also need to carry some sort of weapon.

>Are they really bros?
maybe
>>
>>65811093
>Manmukhi
>>
All animals including humans have soul and our soul goes through different life forms until we purify it to become One with God. Just like one changes clothes, our soul changes life forms. This very fact has been narrated by God through Sikh Gurus. Nobody has seen what happens after death, so it is very hard for someone to understand what happens after death. Sikh Gurus are in communion with God and they tell us that our soul has been separated from God and its dignity remains in merging back with God. Think of God as an ocean and our soul as a droplet of water. The water droplet is separated from the ocean. The droplets come on land in the form of rain. We are like those rain droplets; we have been separated from God and have been born in this world. The dignity of the rain droplet lies in merging back in the ocean. Just like those rain droplets the main purpose of our souls is to merge back with God, to be One with Him. Our soul suffers from pain of birth and death and this pain can be ended by attaining salvation, merging in God. Gurus are like rivers, if the rain droplets follow the river, they can reach the ocean. So, if we follow our Gurus, we can meet God. Once a soul merges in God, it achieves salvation, gets rid of birth and death and all the suffering of this world. That soul becomes one with God.
>>
>>65810523

they believe women have mustache
>>
The War Nerd said that Sikhs believe the universe began with a sword, but I could never find anything to back that up. Is it true?
>>
>>65810523
Sikhs are Indians who rebelled against the Hindu caste system by saying that everyone was equal. They rejected it by changing their last names, all as one, to Singh (Lion). Nearly all modern Sikhs are descended from these original converts, although anyone can become one of they want to.

Bongs and leaves call them bro tier because they used Sikh mercenaries to slaughter Indians and Muslims in South Asia
>>
religion created to defend Hindus against Islam. used to be a based ideology but now is full of alcoholic cucks who also might have a heroin addiction.
>>
>>65811864
>Bongs and leaves call them bro tier because they used Sikh mercenaries to slaughter Indians and Muslims in South Asia

WTF? I love Sikhs now!
>>
>>65811456
xDDDDDdfdFfDdD nice meme bro
>>
File: sikh gf.png (1011KB, 1201x377px) Image search: [Google]
sikh gf.png
1011KB, 1201x377px
>>65812401
>meme
>>
>>65810523
all the sikhs I've had anything to do with were cool

not pervy and fake like indians
but people think they are indian all the time, however they usually just let it go
like when people call koreans chinese

I think sikhism has a lot in common with budhism
relatively speaking
>>
>>65810523

They believe in shitting in the street.

Their tradition is shitting in the street.

Do you shit in the street? If so, they're bros.
>>
>>65813405
but they are indian you retard
>>
>>65813405
>but people think they are indian all the time, however they usually just let it go

They are mostly from India, though
>>
>>65813498
Rare
>>
>>65810523
they are bro tier
>>
>>65813498
Semi-rare
>>
File: 1475502947193.png (334KB, 3039x1941px) Image search: [Google]
1475502947193.png
334KB, 3039x1941px
>>65813517
>>65813553

less common actually
>>
>>65810523
They are muslims who drink beer
>>
>>65813405
>think sikhism has a lot in common with budhism relatively speaking
Lol
>>
All of the Sikhs I have ever met are super tall strong dudes why is this?
>>
>>65814636
Their religion emphasizes martial prowess.
>>
>>65810523
they are honor killings tier
>>
Any questions?
>>
>>65815054
Do you poo in the loo?
But in all seriousness I find the behavior of a lot of Sikhs to be very hypocritical and disappointing, how the sold out to the British and now the Indian government, how they treated the Muslims during the creation of Pakistan, the recent riots and so on, what is your view on this?
>>
>>65815401
Sikhs were always with India from the day this religion came into existence.
Despite being 2% of country's population, percentage of sikh soldiers in the army is above 20%.
During the partition millions were killed including both Sikhs and Muslims. That's something to blame the leaders who led to the partition.
Apart from all that during 1984, the assassination of Indian prime minister by a sikh bodyguard made everyone think that Sikhs betrayed their country and this lid to 1984 genocide.
This was a similar situation as what Muslims face nowadays. (One Muslim does terrorist act and all Muslims are blamed)

Till now no one is punished for the 1984 sikh genocide due to this Sikhs started to hate the whole country. The situation is worse in Punjab where people still want an independent sikh nation.
Outside Punjab I have never seen a sikh supporting that they want an independent nation.

Sikhs are still seen as peacefull people that no one wants to mess with but the government never do jackshit in our favor despite everything.

That's why every sikh has a sour side for the government but overall they will still fight and die for their country if need calls for it
>>
>>65815720
I guess its proof that religion alone may make a specific person good, but it won't stop a group of people from being shitty.
>>
>>65810523
All I've learned in many years of study on these boards is that they're """bro tier""" whatever that means.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-07-12-43-12.png (168KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-07-12-43-12.png
168KB, 720x1280px
>>65815915
Atleast you get free food whenever you visit sikh temple.
People love that
>>65815928
Maybe it means they are good buddies?
>>
>>65812401

t. from Brampton
>>
File: 1460206793691.jpg (137KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
1460206793691.jpg
137KB, 716x716px
>>65816096

thank you, i love india.
>>
>>65816307
This dude looks like a fucking MMORPG character lmao
>>
>>65816307
Those are some big hands
>>
File: 1459189791588.jpg (963KB, 1240x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1459189791588.jpg
963KB, 1240x1920px
>>65816455

i know, it's badass

looks like some boss-level warrior from 2000 years ago
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.