[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between a president, prime minister,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (150KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 1100x619px
What's the difference between a president, prime minister, and chancellor?
>>
>>65793775
It depends on the country

There's countries like the US , russia,france where the president has most of the power
UK has no president ,so obv the prime minister has all the power
There are countries where the president is more of a representative of the nation than a ruler (kindof like the uk and constitutional monarchies) , like mine or germany
A chancellor is basically a prime minister

It really depends on the country
>>
>>65794253
>A chancellor is basically a prime minister
Why do germans say chancelor and not Prime Minister like everybody ?
>>
>>65794332
They've been calling it that way since the german empire ,i'm guessing it just stuck around
>>
>>65793775
A president rules the country
A prime minister sucks the monarchs cock
A chancellor sucks rapefugee cock

>>65794253
France has a prime minister though. It's a semi-presidential system, where the president is effectively the "monarch" ruling by his own democratic mandate, and the prime minister is responsible to parliament.
>>
File: ACIIIGW.jpg (1MB, 2510x1409px) Image search: [Google]
ACIIIGW.jpg
1MB, 2510x1409px
Countries have either parliamentary (European) or presidential systems in presidential the president is directly elected by the people in a majority wins election(or plurality if more than two parties). In a parliamentary system after the general election the parties in the legislative form a government and the governing party(or parties in a coalition) pick the prime minister from one of their own. Chancellor is the German PM. Parliament-based counties usually elect presidents as well but as head of states, but monarchies (UK, Spain, NL) usually grant the head of state status to their King or Queen. Having a presidential system encourages two parties whilst a parliamentary system encourages more.
>>
>>65794667
The roles of presidents and prime ministers are different between countries

In our country , most of the power is concentrated to the prime minister, the president represents the nation and has some power over WHO gets to be prime minister (+ some informal social power ) but effectively the ruler during peace is the prime minister (the army technically answers to the president but its budget and missions are set by ministers whom are controlled by the prime minister)
>>
>>65794807
>Having a presidential system encourages two parties
Explain the mess of my country then. I think that's only a thing in the us due to First Past the Post
>>
>>65795096
>I think that's only a thing in the us due to First Past the Post
Pretty much this. De facto it's the case in Britain as well, with most minor parties simply being there for shits and giggles. That's because the FBTP system acts as if parties don't exist. Under those circumstances it's ideal, but as soon as party politics get involved, FPTP becomes shit. We saw this with UKIP: 30% of votes, less than 1% of the seats.
>>
>>65794807
We have a presidential system and our system is basically 3 party (right-center-left)with basically half a dozen smaller parties often playing kingmakers through coalitions and very involved in the legislative process.
>>
>>65795185
We are first past the post as well
>>
>>65793775
So if palpatine was a Chancellor what gave him the power to reform a republican government into an empire?
>>
>>65795357
The Senate voted to give him power, they voted to create an army and put him at the helm, he used that power to become emperor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJy0HTRD4s
>>
>>65795357
Star Wars is retarded. Palpetine was supposed to be literally Hitler, down to the title. That's my guess.
>>
>>65795655
Actually Star Wars is based on Asimov's foundation, which is itself based on the history of the Roman Empire, obviously yes, the Glactic empire does make a lot of visual references to Nazi Germany but it isn't the main source, you'll notice in the first trilogy Imperials other than Vader and Palpatine all had British accents while rebels all spoke with American ones.

In all fairness the allegory is not bad one, the Reichstag did disolve itself. Many of its members did eventually get killed by Nazis as thanks for their efforts.
>>
>>65796155
>in the first trilogy Imperials other than Vader and Palpatine all had British accents while rebels all spoke with American ones.
Wasn't that just a general thing in America at the time, to hire British actors for bad guy roles?
>>
>>65796155
Darth Vader has an American accent, as does Emperor Palpatine. Obi Wan Kenobi has a British accent as does C-3PO
>>
>>65794332
Formality. The same way we have a National Assembly when it's by all means a Parliament.
>>
>>65797239
To be fair, that's because the English abused the term Parliament. The original French parlement was a court of law. From the French perspective it'd make no sense to call the legislative body that.
>>
>>65797815
HAHAHA WHAT A NERD HAHAHHA
>>
>>65797921
SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>65797921
U R 1 CHEEKY KUNT M8 SAY THAT TO MY FACE AND NOT ONLINE U POOFTA I'LL KNOCK YE IN THE GABBERS I'LL KNOCK YE CLAPPERS STRAIGHT OUTTA YER BLOODY MOUF I SWER ON ME MUM'S LYFE YA TWAT
>>
President = 3rd World
Prime Minister = 1st World

All you need to know.
>>
Spain is the worst case

The parliament of the nation is the Congress. The parliament of some regions is a Junta, in others a Generality, in others a Court...

The funny thing is, absolutely ALL of them are the same, work for the same and in the same way.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.