[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Americans get so fat? What's the difference between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1308532441160.jpg (159KB, 570x456px) Image search: [Google]
1308532441160.jpg
159KB, 570x456px
How did Americans get so fat?

What's the difference between their dietary habits and any other Western carb cruncher?
>>
It's not so much an American problem as it is an Anglosphere problem.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/statistics-and-causes-of-the-obesity-epidemic-in-the-UK.aspx
>>
>>65776455
High fat/calorie food is extremely tasty and cheap here, and requires no preparation
>>
Mexico is fatter than us, pls re-arrange the flags

Ultimately of course, its unsurprising that France has an obesity rate that is an outlier on the low side among large industrialized nations, once again demonstrating the greatness of our greatest and oldest ally.
>>
cheap and easy food. so much cheap food.
>>
>>65776455
mexican food
>>
>>65776541
Being slapped in the face if you're caught eating outside meal-times when you're young is an efficient way for a whole country to stay fit desu, go France
>>
>>65776498
That's quite a poor explanation.
In any developed nation junk food isn't expensive, yours is just the only one that calls that tasty.
>>
Cheap food due to being breadbasket of the world and car based infrastructure and zoning. You can only get around by car or subway to eat cheap food.
>>
File: Texan_Lasagna.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Texan_Lasagna.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>65776455
As I take it, especially in the south where most crazy food stuff comes from, it was alright to have a high calorie diet as long as people worked in the fields all day. As field work became easier and easier but the dietary habits stayed the same, the average weight increased.

And despite every one liking to make fun of American foods, you still got to admit that some stuff, as crazy and calorie dense as they are, are fucking awesome. Just don't fucking have them every day. E. g. going to a country fair without eating your way through fat foods, is just not the same.
>>
Is it true that the southern states house considerably more obese people then the northernly states?
>>
HFCS
>>
>>65780346
I'm all for an unhealthy treat, but I would never eat that.
>>
>>65776498
>High fat

Sugar is the bigger problem, m8.
>>
File: file.jpg (250KB, 854x619px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
250KB, 854x619px
>>65780397
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>65776455
>carb cruncher

>>western

yes it is carbs fault that burgers are so fat...
>>
>>65780091

>tfw your highschool friends wanted to visit subway and taco-bell every motherfucking day

>tfw you wanted to leave highschool with a full belly and clear conscience every day.

>tfw you did so anyway without the help of uncle sam's foodstamp nutrient requirements for over 4 years.

a decent feeling desu, at least I didn't require seal-team-6's nutrient requirements every time I felt hungry
>>
>>65780091
>car based infrastructure

pretty much this, there were places to eat outside my hotel just a few hundred metres away (or less) and it was virtually impossible to walk to, the only way they envisaged anyone would ever get there was by car
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.