[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2 016/oct/05/colombia-farc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: ps44GAq.png (96KB, 680x683px) Image search: [Google]
ps44GAq.png
96KB, 680x683px
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/05/colombia-farc-ceasefire-end-referendum-peace-deal

Why did Colombians vote to keep fighting? I thought they were about dancing and cocaine, not fighting!
>>
>>65753304
We had a lot more to lose than to win with that "peace"™ agreement
>>
>>65753897
But you "win" peace, isn't all the other shit worth that? People are dying yo and you guys are worried about pensions and shit.
>>
>>65754214
The ceasefire only happened because FARC is losing and Colombians feel like the peace deal is way too generous.
At least that's what one of them said on /int/.
>>
>>65754214
Peace is not going to occur, only the "end" of the armed confrontation with farc, or, at least, with just a part of them, since there are many dissidents among them who refuse to recognize and accept those negotiations.

War with farc is only one of the many conflicts going on in this place so we'll hardly be in "peace" if this shit gets really passed.

Not to mention, what peace there will be if they take a hold of power? They are still a totalitarian group. Now that No vote won, they are saying that things are already agreed upon and our opinion doesn't matter at all.

>>65754306
Basically this.

This agreement means their win. A victory they couldn't achieve in 50 years by means of armed confrontation.
>>
>>65754214
>pensions
hell no, the no campaign was based on fears we would become a next Cuba or Venezuela if we let farc do politics legally

>>65754888
>Many dissidents
only front #1, which is like 40 people. Anyways, the yes vote would've been better. Anyways, the left has never been popular here and 10 seats does not make much difference
>>
>>65754888
Why are you acting like this some sort of mandate? Didn't less than 40% vote and wasn't the difference in votes less than 1%? Also I've heard it was the untouched provinces which have the highest amount of draft dodgers that decided to keep the war going. Can you confirm this?
>>
Is it true that Colombians don't actually use Cocaine?

How the fuck?! I'd be geeking all day if I could get a gram for 20 Euros.
>>
>>65756581
a gram here goes for like 7 euros and it's true, most of it is taken out of the country. Colombians prefer weed and alcohol, our consumption levels are low even compared to other countries in the region
>>
>>65756791
So do Colombians at least drink? Or are you complete party poopers?

Would the average Colombian drink some Rum with me?
>>
>>65754306
>only because they are losing

[Citation needed]
>>
>>65756850
Yes, people here drink mainly beer, rum and aguardiente. Nightlife here is hella fun for drinkers and non-drinkers
>>
>>65756520
Untouched provinces?

There is no such thing as untouched provinces. In all corners of the nation there are people who have suffered the pains of war.

I know a couple of towns located inside those "untouched" provinces that were harassed by farc, and the vast majority of their inhabitants voted NO
>>
>>65756994
Well it's your anecdotes against data. The regions hit hardest from what I've seen overwhelmingly voted yes, especially the regions where consciption is highest and most heavily enforced.
>>
>>65757121
To add to this I'm curious but haven't been able to get data on the vote based on income.
>>
>>65756856
They were though and the US has played a big role. Farc has around 7k members but no one wants more killings from either side, so thats why they started peace talks with the government
>>
>>65757248
Hope you understand Spanish: At least in Bogota, the NO vote overwhelmingly won over the YES in the south side of the city, which is where lower income people live
http://www.eltiempo.com/bogota/resultados-del-plebiscito-en-bogota/16718784
>>
>>65757409
That's interesting. Why the opposite effect the farther you got away from the capital? I'm basing this off their relative "richness" to the centre.
>>
File: 22.jpg (83KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
83KB, 600x839px
>>65757248
Lots of displaced people (around 360k recognized by the institute of victims) live in the south side of the city. The No vote won in those localities of the city
>>
>>65756791
>a gram here goes for like 7 euros
Colombia, here I come!
(No seriously, I will definitly travel to Colombia some days for this)
>>
>>65757498
Too add to this how was Bogota still able to pull ahead as a yes region? I mean it's obvious the poor don't exactly act as a minority to the rich and the middle class is very small at least as it is understood here.
>>
>>65757568
I was under the impression the yes vote won in the capital making it an anomaly compared to other regions in the centre? Maybe I read that wrong this morning.
>>
>>65757498
It's an interesting phenomenom that has nothing to do with being affected by conflict but rather social issues as a whole. Example, in Choco, Cauca and La Guajira departments the YES vote won by a wide margin. Meanwhile, in Caqueta and Meta departments, which are Farc strongholds the NO vote won, that leads me to think it has nothing to do with the conflict and there might be something else going on
>>
>>65757652
People living under poverty are around 21,6% of the whole population according to DANE (institute of statistics)
>>
>>65757745
You're right, the yes vote won in the capital 56% yes vs 44% no
>>
>>65757795
In your opinion does the no side really want peace but with better terms? The rhetoric I'm hearing online is mixed a lot of people are talking about justice but there is an undercurrent of a "kill them all mentality". Also as far as consistency is concerned why was there no plebescite or protest when a similar thing happened there with the paramilitaries? As I understand it they committed similar crimes.
>>
>>65757848
Really? I've heard the official number of unemployed people is somewhere around 10% but the real figure may be as high as 34%. Talking about the capital btw.
>>
>>65757976
>why was there no plebescite or protest when a similar thing happened there with the paramilitaries?
Everything was passed in congress at that time. This time, a plebiscite wasn't necessary either but the government and farc decided that it was a good idea to let the population participate and decide if they agreed with what was reached in Habana, Cuba

>he no side really want peace but with better terms? The rhetoric I'm hearing online is mixed a lot of people are talking about justice but there is an undercurrent of a "kill them all mentality"
Not really, everyone wants peace, even NO voters. They're demanding is tougher terms and no impunity. farc says they're not going to renegotiate the deal but the people has spoken so they'll need to reach a new agreement with the government and the opposition and that might take weeks or even a couple of months. Farc also said they don't want to go back to war so that's a good thing for everyone
>>
>>65758069
unemployment is 9% but informal employment can be as high as 30%. 34% is too high, there's no way unemployment is that high
>>
>>65758528
>no impunity
Seems unrealistic that anybody would negotiate themselves into a jail cell tBh.
>>
>>65758716
I know. Everyone knows it's not feasible. No supporters probably will need to accept this
>>
>>65758946
Doesn't that just start up the war again then? Sounds like the no side is setting up conditions for the talks to fail knowingly or unknowingly.
>>
>>65759038
The No promoters in government are surprisingly open to dialogue and they met today with the president and yes supporters to save the agreement and find a solution as soon as possible
>>
>>65759512
Just lure FARC with a fake deal then bomb them.
>>
>>65759512
That's good. I heard some initial reports that they were giving a cold shoulder to the requests making it seem like the country was being played with in a pissing match between Santos and Uribe.
>>
>>65753304
Congolombians are retarded, that's why.
The farc party was only going to be a small minority in the Congress, and if some retards kept chimping out the rest of the farc could be used to fight them.
>>
>>65760823
Ahh yes it sure is as simple as saying "congolambians are retarded"
>>
>>65760823
the human being is an emotional creature, that's why a bunch of americans are going to vote Trump even if it's not the most reasonable thing to do and a majority of brits voted to leave the EU. That doesn't make them dumb
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.