[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to a non yank what it'd be like if either of them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 20

File: 1.-CarlosGutiérrez.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.-CarlosGutiérrez.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
Explain to a non yank what it'd be like if either of them won.
How would it affect your own country in terms of industry, jobs, economics, society, etc and what would their foreign policies be like.
>>
>trump wins
he immediately becomes a figurehead president that has little power other than diplomatically and occasional controversial vetoes, mike pence would handle most presidential affairs
>hillary wins
things continue on as usual but hillary is smarter than obama so she can push her neo-liberal agenda much farther

both are pretty bad tbqh, but our economy in general won't change much under either unless one of the parties gets a super majority in congress
>>
>>65747868

What about deporting illegals? Is that still something he's willing to do?
>>
>>65747702
>Trump
Castrated by both Republicans and Democrats in Congress, unable to really do anything of importance. The Senate is about to become a Democrat majority so it will be even worse for him. He might increase our involvement overseas but I doubt it

Relations with Russia might cool, but that's a tossup depending on what Congress does

>Hillary
Trade deals which will further fuck us in the ass. A lot of SJW laws. Even more bureaucracy. Even more shit like Obongocare. She isn't indicted for her crimes and gets away scott free

More of the same really
>>
>>65747868
>hillary is smarter than obama
Seen no convincing evidence of this.
>>
>>65748374
Yep, Trump Fubar (Fucked up beyond all recognition) and Hillary Snafu (Situation normal all fucked up), it really reminds me of the douche and turd sandwich episode in South Park.
>>
>>65748453
Smdh @ This fucking election f.am
>>
>>65748374

this is why I hope Hillary loses.

I genuinely don't believe Trump will accomplish his endgame at all.

I'm just thinking this is going to minimize damage.
>>
>>65748842
>Pence
>good
face it, there's no possible positive outcome from these elections (apart from the fact I bet my dad a slab of beer a year ago that trump would get elected)
>>
Trump never really wanted the job; only the title. He even offered the VP job to Ohio Governor Kasich a few months ago, telling him he can do the domestic work and Trump can be the international president.

Kasich basically said, "Fuck off. Why would I want all the bitch work while you get the title? This isn't the Trump organization."

A Trump win will end in impeachment and/or a constitutional crisis. A Clinton win will end in impeachment.

Either way, it's going to be Pence or Kaine. That is why everyone watched last night.
>>
I think that if Trump wins the social pressure will make him a bland president, he might see himself forced to do the wall meme but there is more chances he will get mellow with time
If Hillary wins the anti-christ will take posession of her body
>>
>>65748453

The new episodes of South Park picked that up again and now Trump is the douche and Hilary is the turd sandwich.
>>
Nothing much will change locally except what memes we use. Hillary will get a higher bodycount in middle east
>>
How much power does the president even hold in the states?
In Finland the president mostly serves as a figurehead for our country and does some foreign policy.
All the laws come from the Parliament of Finland, and even if the president disagrees with the law proposition, it usually still passes.
>>
I need some Americans here.
I have important questions.
>>
>>65748330
Maybe, but the role of POTUS is still ultimately limited to enforcing whatever laws Congress makes.
>>
>>65750795
the US President is both head of state and head of government. His principal powers are to sign or veto bills approved by Congress and to appoint Cabinet secretaries, ambassadors, Supreme Court judges and other federal judges (all with Senate approval), to sign treaties (subject to Congressional approval) and to issue pardons, which are not subject to anyone's approval.
The president is also the Commander-in-Chief of the military and is the highest-ranking individual in the chain of command, though he is not himself considered part of the military. note
The president may issue "executive orders," directives to the Cabinet instructing them on the enforcement of laws. Most executive orders are kept running by the next President in line. Presidents protect the prerogatives of the office.

All those powers and responsibilities get summed up under the amorphous heading of "leadership", with all the free credit and lightning-rod for dissatisfaction that it entails.
>>
>>65750910
Do you drink tap water or do you buy water from the store?
>>
>>65750795
The President is:
-The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and the National Guard (i.e. State Militias)
-Able to pardon/commute the sentences of Federal (but NOT State) prisoners
-Has Veto power over what laws Congress passes, subject to Congress's ability to override the Veto w/ a supermajority
-Single-handedly chooses his Cabinet so long as the Senate confirms his nominations
>>
>>65750971
Sounds a bit like a dictatorship with an "elected" congress.
>>
>>65750795
His main job as being the supreme commander of the military and signing laws.

Congress can pass laws with out his signature but they need a larger majority.

He has some emergency powers where he can order things to be done with out waiting for congressional approval but they are all time limited and after a certain amount of time congress needs to allow it to continue or he has to stop.

He picks potential supreme court justices but congress has to approve them.

He can issue executive orders but they apparently arent the hot shit people might try to claim they are because they sometimes get ignored, such as obamas order to close guantanimo bay.

They can influince people by giving speeches, and they appoint the various secretaries of whatever, who all function as the highest official within that bureaucratic system.

Hes the most powerful politician but ultimately he needs political support to do things. There are some things which sort of fall into a nebulous gray area where whether he can technically do it or not do it is not firmly established and it all comes down to whether or not enough people are on board that they just kind of use his authority as the ultimate justification.
>>
>>65751050
with the key difference being that dictators don't have term limits.
>>
>>65747868
>unless one of the parties gets a super majority in congress
I feel like that is a factor that people forget every time a presidential election comes up.
>>
>>65747702
NAFTA has always been bad for canada. It would improve things desu.
>>
>>65751006
I tend to buy bottled water myself, but most people drink tap water

>>65751050
Not really; as powerful as the POTUS is within his role as the Executive, his power is still ultimately bound by whatever laws Congress passes, and the President is out of luck and ineffective if Congress consistently and regularly disagrees with him.
>>
>>65751069
>>65751039

I read that the ultimate Veto power isn't really true unless the President decides to *silently* Veto the law by never returning it back to the congress.
Is that true?
>>
>>65751127
Why do you buy water when you get it practically for free at home?
I never really understood this mentality.
>>
>>65751157
If the President ignores a law passed by Congress for 10 days, it passes automatically if Congress is still in session, and is considered "pocket vetoed" otherwise, although such pocket vetoes may be subject to override when Congress reconvenes.
>>
>>65751157
He cant withhold it forever. At most he can delay it but if all of congress is on board with something it will eventually get passed.
>>
>>65751212
I personally prefer the taste of Aquafina 2bh, but I'm picky like that.
>>
>>65751214
>>65751225
Thanks for the clarification.
The system seems to work the same way in Finland then as well.
>>
>>65751280
From what I understand, pretty much yeah. The legislature is a bit different (no Westminster System here), but the Executive is the same.
>>
>>65751212
I do it for convenience. I buy bottled water to have a reserve of water on hand for emergencies, and i drink it to cycle it out.

Its nice to be able to grab a sealed plastic bottle if im leaving the house and going somewhere. I drink straight water room temperature, but i also use refrigerated water to dilute the ice tea i drink.

Its just more convenient.
>>
>>65751261
One time I watched a document on how gourmé food is a lie.
It also had a small part about bottled water.
The test was if you could distinguish the taste between high quality water and tap water, but the trick was that they always served tap water.
The test subjects always preferred the ""high"" quality Alaskan mountain fountain water, because the brain thought it was something more that regular water.

Sorry if that's a bit unclear, i'm a bit drunk.
>>
>>65751431
Perhaps I am indeed tricked, but still, that's just my opinion on it.
>>
>>65751384
The convenience and emergency part I understand for sure.
But are there people who solely drink water from bottles and never from taps?
>>
Trump is a clown and so is anybody who votes for him. And no, I wouldn't vote for clinton either.
>>
>>65751431
>gourmé food is a lie.
*puts on tin foil hat*
>>
>>65751501
How much does a bottle of water cost in the States?
Here it is usually from 0,60€ to 1,20€.
>>
>>65747702
If Trump won hypothetically shit could get pretty crazy if the Senate stays Republican. Though if enough Republicans jump ship that might be negated.

If Clinton wins it's just at least 4 more years of deadlock, since at the very least the Republicans are going to keep the House.
>>
>>65751601
A 32 pack is around $15, so roughly the same.
>>
>>65751692
To me it just seems kinda like a waste of money to buy water from the store.
Imagine if you had a machine at home that gave out beef.
Would you still buy beef from the store?
>>
>>65750910
Not exactly, POTUS is a figure of moral authority within his/her own party and does greatly get to write the agenda, Obama was strongly limited by Republicans in congress and right wing oposition influencing them (birthers, teabaggers) for most of his two mandates the conservatives were near permanently in active campaign against his policies and fought him bitterly on every issue. This may not e the case for the next president, if Hillary wins the status quo wins but the radicalized Republicans also remain on the war path against the president. If Trump wins they likely not simply go home but become a driving force behind many of his most controversial campaign pledges. The left may radicalize as well, but they likely won't have as much of congress on their side and will trail behind right wingers in terms of influence and organization.

>>65747702
Trump is objectively anti-Mexico, my country's economy takes a hit that could very likely send it into recesion on just his being elected. We won't be the worst hit after everything is said and done however, it's amazing to me how people in other nations fail to see this, lighning will strike here first and hardest, but ultimately vested interests in the US can't afford to have us completely wiped out. Trump's premise is Mexico will ultimately be forced to pay for his dumb fuck wall as a matter of self interest, this means terms of sorts at some point as a matter of political necesity. Others will simply not be offered a deal. Keep in mind China is the other big enemy for Trump and some compromise must also be reached with them. For the global economy whether Trump succeeds in improving America or not his plan means American foreign investment and outsourcing get curbed and China must make adjustments. On just these two conditions alone many economies will be floored regardless of what his relations with Muslim countries mean for the global economy, or his general antipathy towards the EU (if not Europe) CONT
>>
File: LaughingGeralt.jpg (91KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingGeralt.jpg
91KB, 500x333px
>the american president is elected because of a cartoon frog

this is probably the most embarrassing thing that could ever happen.
>>
>>65751914
Do you really expect us to not waste money on shit we don't need?

That's like asking a ruskie if he can live without his vodka
>>
>>65751384
>I do it for convenience.

is turning a tap really that much of an inconvenience?
>>
>>65752107
But if a ruskie would get vodka for practially no price at all from a tap at his home, I doubt he would buy vodka from the store.
>>
>>65752183
The convenience part is about taking a bottle with you when you leave the house.
Of course you could have designated water bottle that you refill, but carrying a Fiji water bottle with you is way more /aesthetic/
>>
>>65752033
CONT and NATO spending, or the overall effect protectionist economic measures in the US spell for the world economy which largely relies on American spending as a growth engine, or the chilling effect on ivestors for many of the previously mentioned items. In fact with the US presidency against global warming control measures development plans for many, as currently laid out, will probably have to be reviewed, which nevermind the real existential threat for our species does have economic effects as well, and while mid term it may benefit oil exporters it punishes competitive green energy.

You would have to ask yourself if your country is that important to the US a president Trump will take it into consideration when his administration lays out the US agenda.
>>
>>65752246
You also have to regularly wash designated water bottles or they become breeding grounds for bacteria.
>>
>>65752190
Of course he would, but you cant make a tap that spends your money.

Wait, i guess if you live in an urban area you could just leave the water running consistently.
>>
>>65752300
That truly makes designated water bottles a bit inconvenient.
>>
>>65752256
I can't really picture Trump taking any American ally into much consideration over his presidency, he'll leave that to the help (aka Mike Pence). He'll be much more focused on the country's ever growing list of enemies. This election has been more about catharsis than consensus, in fact a study recently came out saying that 40% of Trump's supporters didn't think he'd make a good president. I guess they see it as a big middle finger to the establishment.
>>
>>65752340
What is the average water bill in the States?
I pay 20€/month for unlimited water.
>>
>>65752482
You have a good point there, it might come down to nihilists unironically thinking anything is better than status quo, which of course is not reality.
>>
>>65752087
Or not elected, rather

>>65752518
Tap water is free in restaurants, but IDK how much my parents' water bill is (I live in Chicago, so right by the Great Lakes).
>>
>>65752562
Yep, it's hard to blame them really when you look at the alternative.
>>
>>65752518
Puhut alaikästen jonnejen kans täällä, ei ne tiiä.
>>
>>65751541
Well, me for one. I only drink water when im taking water with me somewhere, since i always want to have something to drink with me. Any time im drinking anything at home its not water.

When im somewhere, if i finish a bottle of water i can crunch it up really small and put it in my pocket or something until i can recycle it.

Speaking of us government. If anyone wants to watch congress btfo out of the FBI this is a somewhat entertaining video if you have an hour and a half to kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeXaNyGihVQ
>>
>>65752637
Joo, huomasin tost ekast replyst ku sano et vanhempien vesilasku
>>
>>65751692
>A 32 pack is around $15, so roughly the same
>$15
Where do live? It's $7 where I live.
>>
>>65752518
Usually just 10-20$ per month depending on the state.

Personally though I just have an underground well so mine's free
>>
>>65752750
I live in Chicago, so there might be slightly more markup, but still, it's rather cheap.
>>
>>65752750
What size are the water containers in said pack?
>>
>>65752793
What do you do for a living?
>>
What is this trade deals = bad meme?

Why did trade deals suddenly become so bad? It seems everyone liked them or were indifferent until just recently
>>
>>65752847
500ml
>>
>>65752890
Those are big containers.
>>
>>65747702
If Trump won, we might actually see some controls on trade and immigration, which benefits me. People get booty blasted by the "raycissssss" narrative the media pushes, but that's just a narrative.
>>
>>65752862
I'm currently a college student w/ an undecided major but planning towards Biology or Geology.
>>
>>65752915
>Those are big containers.
Wut? How big are the average water bottles in Finland?
>>
>>65752915
4U
>>
>>65752947
I was hoping for a reply with the line:
"for you"

>>65752987

thanks
>>
>>65752886
Shitty trade deals like the TPP only benefit the corporate cronies that write them and the politicians who's pockets are lined to push them through.
>>
>>65748390
She's a crafty snake.
Just look at the Clinton Foundation.
>>
>>65753031
What characterizes a good trade deal, then?

I'm trying to understand what it is people want to replace it.

I mean, if you move production back to american, that'll mean a lot of goods will become significantly more expensive to make, and therefore, more expensive to buy. Are people really willing to pay more for "made in america"?
>>
File: 1455236749292.jpg (12KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1455236749292.jpg
12KB, 480x320px
>>65747702
>How would it affect your own country in terms of industry, jobs, economics, society, etc and what would their foreign policies be like.

If clinton wins, we become sand niggers.

From the other hand if Trump wins, nothing.
>>
>>65753102
But if the production shifts back to America, it will create a shitload of meaningless jobs for American people, thus raising the overall purchasing power.
>>
File: 1405743074538.png (67KB, 212x219px) Image search: [Google]
1405743074538.png
67KB, 212x219px
>>65747702
I'm not too worried about either of them effecting the economy or jobs, as no President has ever fucked it over like FDR, because his administration committed some astoundingly retarded moves economically.

The only reason I'd want Trump in is so he'd put a right winger in the Supreme Court.

Hillary on the other hand will be only good for being a vastly less fuck up in terms of foreign relations (I like muh hegemony).
Everything else about her is insidious and is only looking to apply more red tape on everything, while flooding us with more contrived progressive laws used as a distraction from her shady shenanigans in regards to greedy, decadent trade deals.

All we can do is hold out for these next four years.
>>
>>65753556
We won't last that long
>>
>>65753556
>Everything else about her is insidious
I keep hearing this, but I've yet to see some solid proof she's insidious, corrupted, or whatever. She seems like a normal politician to me. Like, the thing with the Clinton Foundation? It seems people think because they got donations from Saudis or something, that means Saudis "own" Clinton. But it doesn't work like that. If I give you 10 million, I don't suddenly own you. And other people can't suggest I do simply based on giving you money. Sure, they can suggest it if they so please, but that doesn't make it true.
>>
>>65748330
Yes, he has the ability to direct ICE and ban immigration from specific countries.

It's the biggest reason I'm voting for him.
>>
>>65752793
I live in Chicago too. Go to Costco and you can get a 32 pack of water bottles for $5-7. It won't be aquafina though, but ice mountain or kirkand.
>>
>>65754700

The possibility of us travelling to the USA without a visa was on the news for some time, lel, I just remembered. It's only for tourist visas, though.
>>
>>65749538
That's what happens to all of them. That's why the ridiculous one is probably still the best choice. Clinton is already subdued blandness in the first place.
>>
Trump will say outlandish things, but honest to God I think a lot of countries will fear America just because of how much of a wild card he is. I'm voting for him more because of what he represents versus what he will actually do.

Plus I want Hillary in prison
>>
>>65754279
The gist of it is that, according to Republicans, she and her husband are basically evil fascist rapists who hate women and non-whites and people who aren't part of the wealthiest 1% and that Hillary regularly helps Bill rape small girls and herself has daily orgies with tons of guys, but they're also both rabid homosexuals who also hate straight people. And also that Bill spent his youth sitting in trees and shitting on people while illegally avoiding the draft.

Honestly it seems like really blatant demonization to me, like on the same level as how people kept going on about Obama being a Communist Fascist Muslim Atheist Satanist Jew Kenyan (or occasionally Indonesian or Brit (literally no idea why some people think he's British but w/e)) who hates America.
>>
File: Trump the obese neocon.jpg (3MB, 2893x2769px) Image search: [Google]
Trump the obese neocon.jpg
3MB, 2893x2769px
This is a good summary of Trump
>>
>>65749331
>only the title
If that were true, he would have run as a democrat. Would have been much easier.

>comfy private sector life for years
>generally liked, enough to run successful tv shows and such
>risks entire brand, namesake and reputation to take unpopular views
>submits himself to at least year of media hell, business losses, and giving up direct control of his businesses.

Yeah, I'm sure he just wants a cool title.
>>
>>65755112
>>65754279
It's not that the Saudis own her, but rather that they'd own us. Do you think they're donating millions of dollars for fucking nothing?

Look up "Hillary pay to play"
>>
To sum it up, both will lead the country on the just as planned path to destruction. We are like Ancient Rome on its last legs.
>>
>>65751561
Why?
>>
>>65751914
You're right. Bottled water is a scam in places with good municipal water sources, which is pretty much everywhere except Michigan, these days.

I bought bottled water everywhere I could in Slavland, my wife is from there and most people boil their tap water before use.
>>
I really hope the people shilling for trump are being ironic. Every person I've met that is a trump supporter is either an edgy teen, super neo-conservative republicans, or really, really old people who have no sanity
>>
>>65755146
He's basically everything America should be I think he's the leader your country needs their is no shame in being loud and proud of your ideals and nation and when I think of Americans that is what I think of the rest of the world maybe laugh at them, they may say and do stupid things but they don't care because they're number 1.

GO TRUMP!
>>
>>65756200
>being paid to shill for shillary on a hunnic teletype station.

Trump will win, accomplish not much, and everything will be ok.

Hillary is a disaster and its even worse since she probably wont live more than a few years and we will be stuck with that moron vp of hers as the actual president, oh god.
>>
>>65756150
Isn't California going trough a drought at the moment? Or has it already passed?

Is it true that Nestlé is trying to buy all the natural water resources in America in order to sell water at ridiculously high prices to consumers?
>>
>>65751692
Why not just buy a Nalgene bottle every time instead? Build up a collection of those and just fill them up.
>>
File: trumpkins.jpg (2MB, 3192x2092px) Image search: [Google]
trumpkins.jpg
2MB, 3192x2092px
>>65756200
>>
>>65756445
>Or has it already passed?
Its not that simple. CA has been slowly depleting its ground water for half a century.

Were basically ubermensch who dont let things like nature stop us from making the desert bloom. We will force our will upon the planet to demonstrate our superiority until we cant anymore, and then we will bring everyone down with us :^)
>>
File: judge-judy-laptop.gif (831KB, 225x183px) Image search: [Google]
judge-judy-laptop.gif
831KB, 225x183px
>>65756543
>They are the future of the country
>>
>>65753102
A good trade deal is something that places the trading countries on mutually beneficial terms.

Country A has tons of bananas, more than they can eat.
Country B has tons of potatoes, more than they can eat.

So they trade.

Right now it's:
China has millions of hours of slave-tier labor available.
Us has intellectual innovation in tech.

We're basically giving away our technological edge in favor of paying $6 less for a coffee maker.
>>
>>65754854
Fine by me. Come visit Tulsa, I'll buy you a beer.
>>
>>65756543
>bullying people expressing themselves

How progressive of you. The lefts true colors exposed.
>>
File: 1436731433527.jpg (49KB, 534x560px) Image search: [Google]
1436731433527.jpg
49KB, 534x560px
>>65756936
>Left
>>
>>65755146
This is the worst you guys could put together? Low energy effort.
>>
>>65757002
nope, its right. you have misunderstood
>>
File: Final-Crop-Map_1.gif (114KB, 630x981px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Crop-Map_1.gif
114KB, 630x981px
>>65756445
Yeah, they're a terrible company. Last I read their efforts were in vain.

Most of CA's problems stem from picking retarded water-thirsty crops.
>>
>>65756619
Or, like all socialist states/countries, your nice ~30 year run of unsustainable 'progress' is up and it's dark times ahead. Good luck paying welfare for those sanctuary cities.
>>
>>65757208
I eat only the freshest almonds produced with gallons and gallons of pure spring water and picked by at least 4 illegal children who died of heat exhaustion for $2.50 an hour.
You can taste the difference!
>>
File: 1475610596494.png (605KB, 648x798px) Image search: [Google]
1475610596494.png
605KB, 648x798px
>>65757139
I'm quite right wing, so I don't like Republicans or Democrats :^)

We can make fun of both kosher-conservative neoliberal parties believe it or not
>>
>>65747702
>trump wins
nothing happens for 4 years
>hillary wins
america gets cucked and fucked for 8 more years
>>
File: BBCElection_Oct12_img2.jpg (37KB, 379x611px) Image search: [Google]
BBCElection_Oct12_img2.jpg
37KB, 379x611px
>>
>>65757560
Therin is the problem. CA is a mini-China. All sorts of artificially low-wage labor makes for a super-competitive product that overtakes other farms throughout the US. That combined with CA's fertility is the reason they're +80% of food production on certain things.

I should stop shopping at Trader Joe's.
>>
File: 1475613666514.jpg (116KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475613666514.jpg
116KB, 600x600px
>>
File: 1470341139627.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470341139627.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
>>
File: 1442221872260.jpg (37KB, 621x672px) Image search: [Google]
1442221872260.jpg
37KB, 621x672px
>>65757782
>ride the tech and housing bubbles
>leave office just before both collapse
>You are now one of the greatest jobmakers in American history according to Democrats, and you didn't even try!
>>
>>65757726
Its funny because the south were democrats and now california is using effective slave labor and nobody even realizes any of this because bluestate.

Its all so exhilarating. I might lose myself to the evil ;_; Ethically im against it, but..
fresh raw almonds taste REALLY GOOD
>>
>>65757919
Yeah, pistachios are my weakness. But driving CA into the ground will open up opportunity for other states, so it's not all bad.
>>
File: wallswork.png (546KB, 653x762px) Image search: [Google]
wallswork.png
546KB, 653x762px
He's constantly moved the campaign closer and closer to his "hardcore supporters" when that clearly hasn't been the best tactic - and his hardcore supporters are morons. I don't want tax cuts for the rich or a deportation force or bullshit about "changing the libel laws" to go after media who criticize politicians.

I lived in Argentina for a while, imagine a marriage between the worst of Kirchnerism (demagoguery, incoherent communications with the public, using the office to enrich your friends, chasing the media around - failing CNN, sad!) and normal American right wing bullshit. And four years of that will only polarize everybody, on all sides

Clinton will be a boring president, and she'll only get one term if the Republicans nominate someone normal like Sasse/Rubio/Haley
>>
>>65751384
>fucking up the planet just because of his lazy dumb fuck 'convenience'

This is why americans are truly the worst people in the world.
>>
>>65758031
>tax cuts for the rich
It's a flat tax, calm down.
>>
>>65758133
>fucking up the planet
what do you not recycle in bongistan?
>>
>>65758133
He said he recycles, relax. Man-made climate change is a 'sky is falling' myth that's been perpetuated since the 70's.
>>
>>65758351
It still uses a shitload of energy and isn't as green as most people would think.

Use something like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Abataka-Stainless-Airtight-Insulation-Ultimate/dp/B01553L7CG/ref=pd_lpo_200_tr_t_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CXJSGFJPJB6JYZ7ABWHS

It wont turn gross like reused plastic bottles and you won't be wasting shit unnecessarily like a bydlo
>>
>>65747868
100℅ this. All in all despite all the hype there won't be much of a change.
>>
What is it about republicans that makes them fantasize so many evil things about democrats?

>Obama is a un-american nigger
>Clinton is literally satan

Are they naturally imaginative and fact-resistant?
>>
>>65758752
Not any different than calling Trump "Hitler". It's not reflective of republicans though, just a loud minority.

Clinton is an incredibly dishonest and corrupt politician though.
>>
>>65758752
Obamas biological father was a muslim
Obamas adopted father was a muslim
Obama grew up in a muslim country
Went to a muslim school
Had muslim friends
Heard the call to prayer every morning

Why do people think its fantastically unreasonable and totaly with out any base to speculate that maybe obama is a muslim?
>>
>>65756619
really?

I though the drought was cyclical in nature ie: long periods with low water followed by long periods of good soil
>>
>>65759050
leftists' mewling pets can't comprehend facts when they aren't appropriately labeled as either 'progressive' or 'racist'.
>>
>>65759119
That's in effect combined with overfarming.
>>
>>65758031
I swear, I will laught for a year straight if the very year latin america gets rid of populism, the US enters a populist regime.

Either way, Clinton isn't a good choice at all. Lobbysm is the cancer killing the USA. It's tell you to vote for trump if he can guarantee laws against lobbyism.
>>
>>65759119
between the 20s and the 70s some parts of CA sank as much as 8 meters due to us pumping out the ground water to grow strawberries and cabbage :^)
>>
File: Shheeeeiiiit 03.png (13KB, 501x383px) Image search: [Google]
Shheeeeiiiit 03.png
13KB, 501x383px
>>65759239
Well I'm not an agrarian engineer, only an industrial one, I really don't know much about soil. I'll take your word for it.

>>65759289
Is it even possible to have that much water under the soil
>>
File: kosher conservatives.jpg (42KB, 552x443px) Image search: [Google]
kosher conservatives.jpg
42KB, 552x443px
>>65758031
He won the nomination with hardcore supporters, since then he's been trying to gain support of the bulk of the Republican and the most kosher masses, like evangelicals, neocons and other plebs. Trumps vanguard of Alt-Right support was mostly in the early primary when they wanted a candidate to wreck the GOP establishment, but obviously now Trump has to use the establishment for votes

Obviously it's pragmatic to winning the election, real rightist or alt-rightist are maybe 1% of the conservatives in the US, the rest are generic kosher conservatives

>>65758561
Plastic in general should be abandoned due to plastic contaminants negatively effecting male hormones. Even BPA-free ones can contain BPS. Good on you for making the right choice

>>65758752
Republicans are a bizarre mutant strain of the worst aspects of neoliberalism, degenerate evangelical commercialized christianity, redneck anti-intellectualism and "know-nothing" attitudes, a folksy disdain for culture and class, and a jingoistic ego-trip due to being whipped into a fervor by neoconservatism, revenge-fantasies about 9/11 and a siege mentality since not only do democrats disagree with them, every other political party in the world is too, including right-wing ones. It's also an incoherent umbrella coalition since they had to merge neocon foreign policy, neoliberal economics and fundie christianity together in one party, along with un-conservative things like anti-environmental rage. The masses of them don't really have complex thoughts on ideology, just opposing what "Libruls" do (not actual Liberalism mind you, but a weird jargon-form they invented)

The siege-mentality results in easy acceptance of conspiracy theories like the birtherism. An Israeli turbo-jew lady came up with the birther meme and Republicans clung to it because it felt like the only way they could impeach a popular president was a hail-mary about disqualifying him based on birthplace.
>>
>>65751212
Some cities have really disgusting tap water.
t. well drinking ruralfag
>>
>>65759386
>Is it even possible to have that much water under the soil
apparently

and according to nasa since the drought begain some areas are sinking as much as 2 inches per month. over half a meter per year

Maybe we are gently descending to hell
>>
>>65758031
Everything you posted is wrong though.

Trump has been pivoting to the middle for months. He has prioritized illegals with criminal records and he will be more lenient with other who have lived in your country for years . The deportation force already exists, and it's called ICE.
"muh tax cuts for the rich" are tax cuts for everyone, and the libel laws shit is just posturing (although, many of them deserve it).

Trump is all bark and no bite, I believe the only issue he cares about is the economy and trade deals.
>>
>>65759251
"Populism" is promising handouts to people.

Trump doesn't promise handouts.
>>
>>65759599
Populism is just a picaresque demagoguy

Basically, give bread and circus to the people and a healthy dose of "us vs them" philosophy

bread and circus is different for each culture
>>
>>65753556
>as no President has ever fucked it over like FDR, because his administration committed some astoundingly retarded moves economically

This is true. The Depression ended in most countries by 1935. It dragged out here a decade.
>>
>>65747702
Nothing will really change. Foreign policy may change candidate to candidate but not by much. That's really the only thing the President has any immediate affect over and despite their rhetoric there isn't much difference between the two.

Anyone who knows anything about our government knows the the executive is the weakest branch in passing legislature and the president is mostly a meme.
>>
>>65750795
Basically like Finland then. He has veto power on bills but it's only worth anything if his party controls the senate.
>>
>>65758752
Democrats are a bizarre mutant strain of the worst aspects of hardcore feminism, militant LGBT, race baiting, anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, pro-Muslim, welfare leeches, complete disregard for everything that science and practical experience has taught, legislating based on feels rather than logic, and believing that straight white Christian males are singlehandedly responsible for all the world's problems.

It's also an incoherent umbrella coalition since they had to merge SJW/LGBT/black militant ideologies with the more oldskool union Democrats, along with un-liberal things like wanting to suppress any free speech that hurts their feewings. The masses of them don't have any real complex ideology, just that they know somehow if only straight white Christian males didn't exist, the world would be a better place (not actual liberalism mind you, but a code word for Marxism).

This siege mentality results in easy acceptance of conspiracy theories like Israel causing 9/11 or Bush stealing the 2000 election, which they clung to because it felt like the only way they could impeach a popular president was a Hail Mary about disqualifying him based on how an election was decided.
>>
>>65758031
>I lived in Argentina for a while, imagine a marriage between the worst of Kirchnerism (demagoguery, incoherent communications with the public, using the office to enrich your friends, chasing the media around - failing CNN, sad!) and normal American right wing bullshit. And four years of that will only polarize everybody, on all sides

Argentina has been governed by left wing populists since Peron.
>>
>>65757208
Lemme give you a tip: California was and always will be a desert, but they had unusually wet conditions for most of the 20th century which unfortunately is what all the state's infrastructure was built around.
>>
>>65759050
Because most people meet all of the above criteria when you change it for christian and nobody doubts that they are atheist or any other faith if you ask them.
>>
hillary gets in - republicans will try to quash everything she tries to get through congress

trump gets in - democrats will try to quash everything he tries to get through congress
>>
>>65751126
It was bad for Mexico as well.
>>
>>65760515
Most people do not have politics to consider when they answer.
>>
>>65760339
>Israel causing 9/11
That conspiracy has way more legs in right wing circles friend. Also say what you will about leftists conspiracy theorist in the US but they were right about cointelpro and mkultra.
>>
>>65760639
There are plenty enough atheists in politics. Faith is just faith and you believe in what you believe. Obama really does nothing that makes him seem like a muslim and there were no tabloids taking images of him sneaking into a mosque.
>>
>>65759433
>The siege-mentality results in easy acceptance of conspiracy theories like the birtherism. An Israeli turbo-jew lady came up with the birther meme and Republicans clung to it because it felt like the only way they could impeach a popular president was a hail-mary about disqualifying him based on birthplace.

The only people who still talk about that are Democrats.
>>
>>65755112
>he doesn't know that Hillary defended a child rapist in court and then laughed about it
>>
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

:^)
>>
>>65760976
And at the end of the day it's not that big of a deal since the US and a couple of Central American shitholes are the only countries which do not permit foreign-born persons to become president.
>>
Nobody who actually works for a living could possibly vote for a Democrat.
>>
>>65761703
Obsidian studio work for living and Vampire Masquerade has that one line making fun of people voting Republican.
>>
>>65762478
This. Also the easiest way to get (you)s on /v/.
>>
>>65761703
Strawmans only hurt your side.
>>
Clinton would be a stopgap until a real candidate comes in 4 years from now. Trump will get impeached and idk anything abut Pence
>>
>>65761703
So people who work for a living are all evil biggots?
>>
In fact Democrats by and large hold working Americans in very low regard. You're all just homophobic cousin-fucking racists who drive F-150s. This is the image continually put out by them.
>>
I don't think Hillary's actually even said one thing she'd do as president. All she does is whine about Trump while offering no ideas of her own.
>>
>>65752939
future high school teacher detected
>>
>>65760339
>Democrats are a bizarre mutant strain of the worst aspects of hardcore feminism, militant LGBT, race baiting, anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, pro-Muslim, welfare leeches, complete disregard for everything that science and practical experience has taught, legislating based on feels rather than logic, and believing that straight white Christian males are singlehandedly responsible for all the world's problems.

Democrats are kosher conservative neoliberals for the most part, the vast majority of Dems are just more moderate Republicans. At best they are corrupt, milquetoast centrists. Neither party cares about "White demographics", only the NatSoc party does and it gets like no votes

There are very few actual socialists, progressives in the US, largely due to the two party system. They're also overwhelmingly Christian, and the USA is incredibly religious overall

American christianity is -REALLY- degenerate though so it's no big deal if some of them oppose it.

Hating on good, normal Christianity like Italian Catholicism or Greek Orthodoxy though is another story

>anti-science

Republicans have a far bigger problem with creationism and science denial than Democrats
>>
>>65752246
>Fiji
Overpriced snake oil. I get that it looks nicer but it's no different than your average Poland Spring or other at a functional level. At least on Long Island it costs $2-2.5 for a 500mL bottle of it, which I think is outrageous when you can get a 32-pack for ~$8.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>65763972
>Republicans have a far bigger problem with creationism and science denial than Democrats
>>
>>65747702
If there really was any difference between them then they wouldn't be candidates for president of the USA.

No matter who wins, the agenda will continue normally.
Voting is fucking useless, cannot believe that people are really confronting each other over two zionist puppets.
>>
>>65747702
>hillary wins

8 more years of obama so p uneventful sans for some minor screw ups

>trump wins

abolition of term limits
war with iran
trump-era hardcore punk is born
>>
>>65763972
Sanders has made hard social democratic values and ideals a lot more mainstream among democrats though. I really wish we had a different political system - it sucks to have only two options that have any real chance of winning. It's especially bad when people like Clinton can rig the primaries and Trump can ride off of pure controversy and media madness.

Not to sound like a europhile, but the political system in parliamentary democracies is *much* better at satisfying voters. You can have the traditional establishment democrats AND the revolutionary Sanders-esque social democrats AND the traditional "taxes, guns and bibles" republicans AND the revolutionary alt-right all competing with each other at an equal level, among other major political factions today.

>>65764423
>he bases his scientific views on a book written by bearded men thousands of years ago
>he bases his scientific views on oil lobbyists who swear they dindu nuffin wrong
>>
File: Republicreationists.gif (15KB, 563x335px) Image search: [Google]
Republicreationists.gif
15KB, 563x335px
>>65764423
They do. Democrats aren't too hot either, but there is a big gap. 96% (holy fuck) of Republicans don't accept the scientific field of evolution.

>>65764832

>Not to sound like a europhile, but the political system in parliamentary democracies is *much* better at satisfying voters. You can have the traditional establishment democrats AND the revolutionary Sanders-esque social democrats AND the traditional "taxes, guns and bibles" republicans AND the revolutionary alt-right all competing with each other at an equal level, among other major political factions today.

Just about everyone but Republicans knows this m8.

>>65763351
It's really, really hard not to. The untermensch trash are the only in the world who vote for the ultra-rich and against their own interests. They hog welfare but hate "Soshalism". They don't fight for their class or even the one above them, they fight for the one 10-levels above them. They also follow insane branches of Burger-Christianity that make westerners confused and baffled. Neoliberal rednecks are like those Africans who rejected healthcare for Ebola because they thought the western doctors were witches and trying to hurt them. West Virginia kind of seems like a White-ish Ghana to some...

Demonizing the working class is more a problem in the UK where their working class is better and more deserving of sympathy
>>
File: trash.jpg (394KB, 778x1018px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
394KB, 778x1018px
>>65765244
>96% (holy fuck) of Republicans don't accept the scientific field of evolution
>It's really, really hard not to. The untermensch trash are the only in the world who vote for the ultra-rich and against their own interests. They hog welfare but hate "Soshalism". They don't fight for their class or even the one above them, they fight for the one 10-levels above them. They also follow insane branches of Burger-Christianity that make westerners confused and baffled. Neoliberal rednecks are like those Africans who rejected healthcare for Ebola because they thought the western doctors were witches and trying to hurt them. West Virginia kind of seems like a White-ish Ghana to some.
>>
>>65765244
>96% of republicans don't accept evolution
>83% of democrats don't accept evolution
It seems to me that Americans are retarded all around, despite party affiliation
>>
>>65747702
Trump wants to suck Russian cock for some reason.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.