[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making art is the only thing going in my life and I can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1379793527711.png (22KB, 267x320px) Image search: [Google]
1379793527711.png
22KB, 267x320px
Making art is the only thing going in my life and I can't even do that. How does one go above being such a failure?
>>
https://youtu.be/bavZbQHbuOk
>>
>>3134480
either stop being a failure, stop being or stop
>>
File: 1501589294080.png (22KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1501589294080.png
22KB, 633x758px
I am not even close to achieving any of my goals, I never had sex, I have no friends and no money. What kind of life is this? Am I being tested? If so, I am afraid I will be completely broken when I get to the point of success.

What's the point of being tested, if you are going to be fucked up at the end, really?

The worst part is I don't even know how I can fix myself. I am an average looking guy and I am not a sperg but I still can't succeed in any endeavour I pursuit. No one's out there to tell me, it was always just me and only me.
>>
>>3134534
The test is to teach you, it doesn't matter if you fail or succeed. It matters what you take from the lesson and how you move on.
>>
>>3134536
I don't know how to move on. I am aware of my flaws and I think about them everyday but I don't know how to get past them effectively.
>>
>>3134551
seek psychiatric help. you won't get any answers on 4chan.
>>
File: Silly_3ceb7e_6224539.jpg (129KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Silly_3ceb7e_6224539.jpg
129KB, 900x675px
first of all, i have the same problems. i try doing my drawing for the day and i end up depressed and hating myself because i still suck and ive been drawing 3 years. but you know what? i wake up, go to school, get home, and put the pencil to the paper once again. day after fucking day. im the one who pushes myself, nobody else, and you can too. i want to prove the depressed side of me wrong. i want to break the source of my negative thoughts at the seams by not giving up and continuing yet, because i KNOW i will get better. things will get better.
a quote that i like is "if you ever feel like giving up, remember why you started in the first place." i started to progress, and get better. and you know what? i am. slowly, but i am. i go back through old drawings, and i realize their mistakes. failure is hand in hand with success, one cannot exist without the other. keep drawing. if you want to get better, you will have to endure the pain. and it might never go away; as we get better our standards only grow exponentially. but thats what makes us grow as artists. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.
>>
File: artcucks.jpg (311KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
artcucks.jpg
311KB, 2048x1447px
>>
>>3134534
I am in the exact situation as you and thats only because I am a chronic procrastinator.
>>
>>3134480
Mm, don't know if this helps but.

I'm an artist, and yet I have friends who are blind.

And when I talk to my blind friends, I realize just how unimportant my being an artist actually is. XD

It's not something that benefits /everybody/ I still love art and think its a wonderful thing.

But maybe the way to feel being above not being as good as you want to be is just to not take it to heart, or put it in perspective. Art as you know takes a long time to practice and get good at, and maybe you can learn to be okay with that. And just be happy with what you can do. While still improving, perhaps :)
>>
>>3134534
I've suffered this kind of thing, or something very close to it and honestly the answer most hated on 4chan probably but that actually worked for me to help me through such hard things was when I became a Christian. That's my advice, as much hate as its gonna get from people, it's my honest loving advice to you. Accept Christ, pray to him, try to get to know God, and I have faith it will help you like it's helped me.
>>
>>3134772
I see, well, I can tell that I am getting better too, it's just I am so far away from everything I want... but I got better. I guess me being hard on myself does put a lot of stress on me when there's no one to support me or whatever. But I thought - hey, if I don't raise the bar, I won't end up there, you know, that's the thing. I tend to focus on the endgame while being at the beginning, that's my major flaw.

>>3134943
And pretty much this. Do you have issues in your life?
>>
>>3134959
>friends who literally can't appreciate your art
you need better abled friends
>>
>>3135114
Im just a lazy piece of shit. In the end, theres no one else to blame but myself.
My advise to you is look hard at yourself and ask
1. if you know what you are doing
2. do you want it
3. what your end goal is and why
If you can answer all 3 you are fine.
>>
>>3135166
If this is a joke I can find it kind funny, but honestly, I wouldn't give up my friends just because they are seeing impaired. lol It does suck a bit that you can't share your art with them, but it just makes me feel bad for them that they don't get that joy in life.

I pray it never happens to anyone and that someday they get to see again, whether in this life or the next thanks to Jesus. :)
>>
File: 1502829860929.jpg (92KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1502829860929.jpg
92KB, 499x499px
>>3134962
That's what answered my problems too. Thank God for Christ/pol/
>>
>>3134534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwL449AMHMo
>>
>>3134962
>praising a meme god instead of the true gods of chaos
>>
>>3134534
Go to therapy and delude yourself into getting better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.