[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /ic/ I really wanted to ask you for advice. What do you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170913_005648.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170913_005648.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
Hey, /ic/ I really wanted to ask you for advice.
What do you do when you want to draw but don't have the will and motivation for it?

I've always had a huge problem with the lack of assiduity even since I was a child and I honestly don't know what to do. Maybe it's sloth, maybe it's short attention span, but it really hurt not only my creativity, but also education and life in general. I often look at good art and feel very frustrated because I just can't force myself to do anything about my lack of motivation.
Has anyone ever had the same problem? I'd really appreciate any advice.
>>
>>3134467
I'd like to know as well, because I'm gonna go fucking insane.
>>
dont rely on motivation. rely on habit. draw every single day.
>>
>>3134467
Get a softer kind of lead, like 4B - 6B.... Get a lot out in your sketchbook and keep moving without looking back. But complete everything you start.

A successful realization doesn't have to be perfect.
>>
>>3134467
>>3134471
Seems like other people got this problem as well.
>>
>>3134467
>>3134471
>>3135598
Essentially what >>3134495 said.

It's either you set a schedule, do it on habit, or just DO it.

Typically it's a result of a more underlying problem like fear. Procrastination starts way, fear of effort, work, stress, mistakes, etc.

But you know what? You can't avoid any of that, so just start and do it, draw. You already have the will and motivation, you're trying, you're here asking how to help yourself. You WANT to be good.

Now all you need to do is work for it. Once you start, you get into the motions and will continue to do it anyways. Stamina is a thing in the beginning, so you can't force 5 hours down your throat, start small like ten minutes then gradually go up to 30 then up to an hour. Make sure to take breaks and then jump back into it.
>>
I come to /ic/, pretend that an hour of staring at a blank page constituted practice and write a lengthy shitpost where I demand to know why I'm not Ruan Jia yet.
>>
>>3135619
l*terally me
>>
>>3135619
You must be lying because there hasn't been a post like that in ages.
>>
>>3134467
I do a combo of 2 things. I look at art or artists I really like, or watch someone draw who I like (like watch episodes of tac au tac or soemthing)

OR

I experiment with drawing methods. Sometimes just learning on your own can be more motivating because it's less boring. Like I'll set a goal for myself like 'okay, I wonder if I can draw this without guidelines if I ghost my perspective lines' or maybe you can try something like 'I'm gonna stare at a picture for 20 minutes and try to memorize everything, then do my best to draw it without looking' or whatever.

You know, goals or games with yourself or something, might give you that boost of interest.

Actually a third thing motivates me, and that's drawing with other people - because then it's social, so you are both drawing and getting to have company at the same time. You could try a few games online like pictionary, or a website where you draw together with people like iscribble.
>>
File: 1366843305-0.jpg (30KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
1366843305-0.jpg
30KB, 600x365px
>>3134467
Do or do not, there is no try
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.