[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help! Can anyone check my attempt at values & anatomy? Trying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

Help! Can anyone check my attempt at values & anatomy? Trying to take this a bit further & I'm rapidly reaching my limits!
>>
>>3131832

Where'd you get that reference figure?
>>
>>3131836
It's a body Chan. You can get knock off ones on eBay for cheap. There's a girl one too which I should probably have got. This is my first actual attempt using (when I got stuck).
>>
>>3131832
look at yer art in black and white(like desaturate it or some shit)-- it looks like booty
>>
>>3131832
Damn op, this shits really good. Swords a bit large though
>>
File: Screenshot_20170911-005940.png (1MB, 1080x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170911-005940.png
1MB, 1080x1187px
>>3131832
Learn to boob
>>
File: 20170911_010621_734833572.png (757KB, 867x757px) Image search: [Google]
20170911_010621_734833572.png
757KB, 867x757px
Also the sword should have stopped there
>>
File: should-really-push-it.jpg (104KB, 835x900px) Image search: [Google]
should-really-push-it.jpg
104KB, 835x900px
should really push it
>>
>>3131832

Pose looks awkward and off balance, af if she's just taken a direct hit from AA artillery or is snaking through the air like a slithery asian dragon. I suggest you look at some 19th century paintings to get better inspiration for poses for angels and some good comic book art. You're not good enough yet to invent your own poses - I'd suggest copy and steal as much as you can.
>>
>>3131832

Did you try to light the figure like the reference? If so it's way off.

Also it looks like you only used reference for the face, which is the only nicely drawn part of the picture. The rest of the body doesn't feel like it's a solid object and it's lit differently than the face which just makes it look like the two don't belong in the same space.
>>
>>3132325
lol no
>>
File: angelosan.png (338KB, 867x757px) Image search: [Google]
angelosan.png
338KB, 867x757px
>>3131832
I am pretty shit myself, but i tried some redlines. Oh und excuse my crappy english.

Like already said, your character is off balance, even if she is an angel, she couldn't hold this position withoud shifting to the left.

It's called forSHORTening for a reason. The sword you drew would be sephiroth tier.
>>
>>3132134
That picture is obnoxious. I understand what it's trying to convey but it's basically a guide on natural boobs and natural clothing trying to masquerade as the go to infallible 100% correct at all times rule on the matter. If we're going to argue everything needs to be natural and realistic then anime style and all stylization in general should also be shunned.
>>
>>3132604
This guy league of angels. Nice poses.
>>
>>3131884
Yeah good fuckin' point. Will do.

>>3132134
In fairness to this, the photo ref I originally used was wearing a weirdly tight bikini top which squished her boobs & I was also planning on adding some clothes or armour. I am fully aware of real boobs & I like them a lot.

>>3132136
Yeah you're right.

>>3132325
Yeah you're right. Now I'm confused.

>>3132347
>You're not good enough yet to invent your own poses
I can reassure you I'm Loomising to fuck at the same time, but I've already found ALOT of my weakness through trying this. Critique is legit & helpful though, thank you.

>>3132423
>Did you try to light the figure like the reference? If so it's way off.
I did - Help! The face was from another study & I tried to take it further into this. Pic related.

>>3132604
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Nice. Thank you based anon. You've no idea how helpful this is - seriously thank you.
>>
Here's where I've got to this eve. I'm basically painting over angelosan's sketch now...
>>
>>3131832
start over. how many days has it been? start over
>>
>>3134479
this looks very weird and unnatural
you should probably just move on and try something else
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.