[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've been reading up on art history and right before the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: The_Romans_of_the_Decadence.jpg (304KB, 1198x809px) Image search: [Google]
The_Romans_of_the_Decadence.jpg
304KB, 1198x809px
i've been reading up on art history and right before the internet became mainstream, the art world really didn't give a fuck about technique, sklll and aesthetic.

they valued idea more. aka conceptualism

that left a hole for skill in visual arts to come marching back in.

that's why a lot of people on this board focus on skill so they can draw better.

i want to know if you believe this too and/or what do you think the future of art will look like?

also, you're art is shitty and you won't get better even if you practice 500 years, but there is more to art the skill alone so it kind of doesn't matter.
>>
citation needed
>>
>>3131686

Fine art =/= illustration

Illustrators placed a tremendous amount of importance to technique the whole last century.
>>
>>3131737
Mind elaborating on this lesson in art history?
>>
>>3131740

Google golden age illustrators.
>>
>>3131686
>i've been reading up on art history and right before the internet became mainstream, the art world really didn't give a fuck about technique, sklll and aesthetic.

I don't even need to read any further since it's quite obvious that this is either a shitposting thread or you are completely brain dead.
>>
>>3131755
To be fair, the age right before the internet became mainstream is like the modern art age.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.