[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible stupid question here, but shouldn't I be able to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (89KB, 1367x871px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89KB, 1367x871px
Possible stupid question here, but shouldn't I be able to get a smoother gradation of value via pressure sensitivity? My device supposedly has 1024 levels, but examples like pic related make it seem more like 5. Is there some setting I'm supposed to fine tune for a given program?
>>
Yeah. I get smooth gradations even with my low quality tablet. It might have something to do with your driver or photoshop. Do you get the same problem when the pressure is set to brush size? Have you tried using another program to see if the problem persists?
>>
File: Untitled.png (134KB, 1366x875px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
134KB, 1366x875px
>>3131154
i'm not sure where the setting is for brush size pressure.

I just tried a test in Clip Studio and got these results. Seems smoother, although with a new problem, which is that I dont get full darkness even though I'm painting with black. And that soft strike on the right for some reason can't achieve really light values
>>
File: Untitled.png (101KB, 1364x872px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
101KB, 1364x872px
>>3131154
Does anything here need to be different?
>>
>>3131164

Clip Studio and Photoshop have different brush engines. Also, the brush "Opaque watercolor" have amount and density of paint set to low levels by default. This brush is *not* equivalent to the hard round in Photoshop.To make it work like a hard round you need to uncheck "Mix ground color" and set opacity to pen pressure instead.
>>
>>3131168
thanks, that pretty much solves that problem then
>>
>>3131165
bump since I still have a lack of pressure sensitivity in Photoshop
>>
>>3131165
Yeah. Youre not supposed to have that exclamation mark next to the opacity and flow "control", thats a warning message that indicates somethings wrong with your tablet or drivers and the software doesnt read the pressure from your pen. That sometimes pops up for Wacom devices when drivers crash, what I usually do is restart either the drivers or the PC and its back to normal.
>>
>>3132021
oooh that's helpful to know, thanks

interestingly when my stylus touches the screen, i hear a strange quiet humming sound from the tablet. and in clip studio that sound begins when the stylus is within hovering distance
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.