[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to learn to draw just by looking at a lot of things

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1476419834225.jpg (8KB, 159x157px) Image search: [Google]
1476419834225.jpg
8KB, 159x157px
is it possible to learn to draw just by looking at a lot of things and remembering them?
>>
No, you got to draw.
>>
>>3129921
looking is like half of learning how to draw, if you realize how strange it is to expect your mind to know how to reproduce an image in the real world. that is where drawing practise comes in.
>>
>>3129921
Is it possible to learn how to play golf by looking at it?

You'll learn a lot, because of mirror neurons, but you'll have to try it to really learn. Your mind doesn't correspond exactly to reality, so your body needs to experience the difference. Like hitting a golf ball, you can imagine doing it and you'll learn a lot, but when you actually do it, you'll realize small differences like you didn't realize you'd have to stretch your arms that far back, or twist your body a few degrees more than what you imagined etc.. to get a good strike.
>>
>>3129921
you cant just will nilly try to remember things unless maybe you have photographic memory. otherwise you have to give things meaning so they can be easier to remember, theres a bunch of methods and ways to remember things, just have to give it a go
>>
>>3129921
Yes, it's possible. I watched football for a long time and now I'm getting signed to the NFL because I've become such a great quarterback from watching games.
>>
>>3129921
It works though your ability would probably be dependant on how much time you've spent deconstructing everyday objects into basic forms.

Trick is to remember the drawing as a construction/gesture. Thats your first layer. After that you learn it's texture and how it expresses value.

Like sorta this guy: https://www.instagram.com/uyeno_art/

Some artists like Peter Han, and moderndayjames report to be able to *see* construction in everyday life.

You'd probably have to train your visual memory a shit ton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvOubOfosw

Overall though I suggest you try actually studying first as that has more evidence to take you further
>>
>>3129921

you need the motion skills and hand to brain coordination, for example I could learn how to read a music sheet and the positions of the hands in a guitar but I just cant coordinate my two hands to play music.

But yeah, if you have the skill, drawing is mostly visual memorization.
>>
>>3129921

You can't learn to draw by just looking at stuff, but constantly observing the world around you and taking mental notes definitely aids your visual library.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.