[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo bitchez,thought I'd let you know the new sale is up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

Yo bitchez,thought I'd let you know the new sale is up

http://www.clipstudio.net/en/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=display&utm_content=fi346en&utm_campaign=facebook_ad
>>
If you're interested in animation then CSP has the best timeline and the most stability of any raster drawing program. However if you just want to illustrate don't bother. Just use photoshop and find some brushes applicable to what you want to do.
>>
>>3127885
be quiet you don't know what you're talking about
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (4KB, 293x42px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
4KB, 293x42px
>>3127910
deal w/ it famarama
>>
>>3127885
Can we not have another CPS vs Photoshop argument mate. Both are great for for illustration period
>>
>>3127867
thank you anon i was wondering when another sale would be

still upset i missed the one where it was like 15 bucks
>>
Guessed I fucked not waiting for the sale. Bought it for $70 2 weeks ago
>>
How do I update my version, will downloading the latest file automatically do it?

>>3127913
>comparing flash to CPS

Call me when they have a timeline that doesn't require a whole bunch of layers for a frame

>>3127924
Still worth it man. I bought it for full price too and I don't regret it.
>>
>>3127932
I wasn't comparing Flash to CSP at all. Flash also isn't a raster drawing program

I don't like that the layers are tied to frames in CSP either. Flash and Krita have better timelines overall but Flash is a shit drawing program and Krita is still unstable as FUCK even if you're using a super computer. CSP's timeline on the other hand is better than photoshop's, and the naming convention it uses is relatively inoffensive as long as you hit:

>Animation >Specify Cel > Rename in Order of Timeline

Regularly.
>>
>wasting money on something you can get for free
lol
>>
>>3127955
you can't get updates materials with the pirate version
>>
>>3127959
This is bait to try to get someone to explain to him how. Don't bite, let the suckers buy it
>>
>>3127955
I don't mind buying a good program if it's this cheap.
>>
>>3127966
How is it bait? You need to log in to get materials dumbfuck.
>>
>>3127885
I do comics and the tools for it are great, hell, I'd buy it just for the inking tools alone. I'd agree Photoshop s better for painting, but CSP is pretty decent at it. CSP is pretty much my go to program Photoshop being my close second. I like it so much I'll buy the license just because it's so good (I'd also buy PS but it went the monthly payment route which I can't justify paying for)
>>
>>3127955
It's really good and cheap, I'd been pirating it for years, 90 bucks don't seem like a huge deal to me to thank them for their great job.
>>
>>3128064

What are your arguments for PS being better for painting? It's better at technical things like color adjustment for sure, but I can't think of one thing that PS does better purely in terms of painting and drawing. If anything CSP has a vastly superior brush engine
>>
>>3127885
What is toonboom?
>>
>>3128076
Toonboom is an animation production suite, like Flash it somewhat sucks for drawing but is if nothing else marginally better than Flash in that specific regard but it's still not capable of the same high-level illustration and image editing that Photoshop or CSP are.

CSP cannot produce fully featured animation on its own like ToonBoom can-you'd need some sort of video editing software as a supplement for that (After Effects?), but it's still better for animating with in some ways and very reasonably priced, besides.
>>
>>3128094
Ill take your word on that I guess. I just bought toonboom premium a month ago and im stoked on it. Something about its vector lines just snap with me.
>>
>>3127913
You have so many programs that I just can't find TVPaint and Anime Studio in all that abundance. I mean, I'm sure you wouldn't leave out the actual industry standard programs in your expert overview.
>>
>>3128064
Photoshop is better for painting if you basically don't buy a single CSP brush set. Go get DAUB and Frenden then suddenly Photoshop is garbage in comparison. Literally the only advantage Photoshop has in painting is the sheer amount of resources and custom brushes available. If you're an artist who started on Photoshop you'd be reluctant to leave but for new artists they should just use CSP.

The super sets from Frenden and Daub cover just about anything you'd want in any digital or traditional style.
>>
>>3127867
Since I only do comics digitally I'll stick to firealpaca to inking+flats and azpainter for screentones. Why bother buying a (probably) heavy program if I already have two free and fast ones that do the job?
>>
>>3128193
>heavy program
>software literally made to run on potatoes because Japan doesn't upgrade PC's often
Look dude...if you don't want to spend $25 then that's fine but don't try to justify it by making up flaws that don't exist for this excellent software. At least try the trial, that's why it fucking exists. If you like it better then you know it's only going to cost you $25 to potentially save you time and be way more enjoyable.
>>
File: radspecs.jpg (12KB, 524x42px) Image search: [Google]
radspecs.jpg
12KB, 524x42px
>>3128198
Well, that's why I said "(probably) heavy". But since you say it's made to run on potatoes, I'll download the trial version on this bad boy.
>>
>>3128202
The requirements are pretty low. Obviously there are things you can do to make things slow like working in insane resolutions or using certain painting brushes with certain settings.

If you're actually running the OS it requires and your OS isn't already borderline freezing then I would say for inking + screentones it will work great. Vector inking is a little more demanding but long as you don't work in some insane resolution I think that should be ok too.
>>
>>3127867
>upgrading from Pro to EX costs the same as buying a new version of EX
what the fuck is this bullshit
>>
>>3127867
Good catch
>>
>>3127867
buying this gay program wont make you a better artist.
>>
i have a free version
>>
>>3128215
It's always like this. Makes me regret I bought Pro but since I use another program for animation I don't mind it that much.
>>
>>3127867
Already have the Pro I purchased on Amazon a few months back on sale; is the EX upgrade worth it for someone who just draws as a hobby?
>>
Is CSP tablet (like SP2 pro) friendly?
I already own Leonardo but seeing this price drop I'm considering...
>>
>>3128230
Only advantages to EX are mainly for professional shit related to manga and animation. Mainly unlimited frames for animation, managing multiple pages for manga and exporting/printing multiple pages for manga. The last advantage is LT conversion for 3D and 2D data, aka, screentone filter functionality.

So unless you're making a manga or want to make longer animations it's pretty much useless. Every other feature is in Pro.
>>
I have a pirated version of EX, is it worth it to buy a license for updates? How much does it last?
>>
>>3128502
Forever
>>
>>3128187
If you go into Clip Studio Assets they have way better brushes than Frenden / DUABs brushes
>>
Where do I find brush sets for CSP?

I found one (somebodys Super Set) and thats it
>>
>>3128577
On the store.
>>
I wish the SDK was available for the English version. I'm just a bit over my head when reading Japanese documentation.
>>
>>3127867
They're doing this shit so often I honestly believe that $25 and $90 are the base prices for their software and any time that they're not "on sale", they're actually fishing for idiots who are willing to overpay.
>>
I'm new to digital art and have been using Manga Studio so far (got a license for free), would it be worth to purchase this instead ?
>>
>>3128049
I used the pirate version and I can still download the materials. It seems the materials shop accounts can be registered separately. based nip.
>>
That price is even lower than SAI. Does SAI do sales too? Feels kind of wrong to pay more for SAI.
>>
>>3128577
https://www.daub-brushes.com/csp/#gallery (Get the super bundle, it has free updates for life. It's been updated a good 4-5 times since I bought it with some nice brushes I actually like)
https://frenden.myshopify.com/products/manga-studio-5-brush-super-set (Same deal here, updates for life. When I bought it there was like 300-ish brushes. Now has 450.)

DAUB is MUCH better at replicating traditional mediums in a digital space and there is a few things in there really nice for digital styles as well. Frenden is more focused on smooth digital art and it's essentially his personal set of brushes he uses in his everyday work as an artist. I highly recommend both. Both have things in them the other doesn't and they are pretty dirt cheap really.

>>3128789
>They're doing this shit so often I honestly believe that $25 and $90 are the base prices for their software and any time that they're not "on sale", they're actually fishing for idiots who are willing to overpay.
They know artists can be on a strict budget and aren't assholes like Adobe or Corel. They made the software to run on reasonable hardware and give you as much bang for the buck as possible. They do sales often so that people who pirate and like it can save up and buy it later for a low price. They essentially want anyone interested in the hobby to have their software.

>>3128556
>If you go into Clip Studio Assets they have way better brushes than Frenden / DUABs brushes
Depends what you're trying to actually do. Some of the DAUB and Frenden stuff is very situational and I enjoy using it for specific stuff. Clip Studio Assets has nice shit but it's time consuming to go through it all vs buying some pack with shit clearly labeled as to what it does. The convenience aspect definitely comes into play.
>>
>>3128812
Pretty much, I'll buy the regular version just to give thanks but sticking with my pirated EX, lol.
>>
>>3128842
same
>>
>>3128835
Do these brush sets work with pirated csp?
>>
>>3128853

Yeah you just drag and drop them. . I don't know if you can import a whole set though like in photoshop but you can drag and drop multiple files
>>
>>3127885
>promotes CSP for animation
>says PS is better for illustration
This is a weird post.
>>
is this thing good for making vertical webcomic strips?
>>
Since there's no question thread I'll ask here: Manga Studio or Paint Tool Sai? I want a software both for comics and illustration.
>>
>>3130487
Manga studio is comics centered and is good for illustration too so...just dl a trial and try.
>>
>>3130487
Asking myself the same Don't know if it's placebo, but SAI feels better, but CSP is just superior in features (most of them I probably never need). Given that the sale is still up, price also speaks for CSP. I can't help but like SAI though, it's weird.
>>
so the EX version is a straight upgrade from the PRO? or is it actually different?
>>
Is CSP good for painting?
Does it have mixer brushes?
>>
How often do they make sales like this?
>>
>>3131758
Twice or thrice a year. It's usually every couple of months.
>>
Is the EX worth it for animation?
>>
>>3131443
>>3131787
Yeah just wait till Black Friday or Christmas for the next sell if you don't have $87 on hand right now

pretty ridiculous they think people will be fine with PRO when you're missing out on some good stuff and have to pay almost just as much to upgrade from pro to EX
>>
So CLIP is better for linework, yeah?
>>
I just started on digital and I like Sketchbook Pro mainly because it is like my sketchbook. Is there a way to make CSP like that and retain the same feel? I've only done the trial version and find it easier to do layers and shit like that.
>>
But there're free copies on PirateBay.
>paying for art programs
>>
>>3132506
Buying CSP for 25 bucks is almost just a quality of life thing for me for the constant updates and no risk of trojans. I was searching for a pirated SAI version 1.2.5, I found only 1.2.0 and the program wants admin rights, that's sketchy as fuck. Sometimes it's just not worth it, especially if you have an income.
>>
>>3132506
I'd honestly pay for any program I use daily if it were decently priced. CSP is a no brainer.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.