[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What aspects of drawing should I be focusing on if I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 6-9-17.png (132KB, 713x873px) Image search: [Google]
6-9-17.png
132KB, 713x873px
What aspects of drawing should I be focusing on if I want to get into Gobelins?
>>
my work:

locopier.tumblr.com/archive
imgur.com/a/XkCZe
>>
i'm assuming you want to get into their animation program
seems you've got a solid grasp of backgrounds when it comes to cities, landscapes are there too but a lil underwhelming. you've got the referenced figure studies down and a surprising strength when it comes to vehicles, something many artists loathe. where you really seem to be struggling tho is when it comes to stylizing or simplifying the human body. if you're trying to get into their finearts program (do they have a finearts program?) then this isn't much of a problem, but when it comes to animation, you need to be able to quickly and effectively draw the human figure, usually in many styles. the only two pieces i see where you branch away from the more realistic style of your studies are severely disappointing compared to the rest of your work.

keep in mind that stylized doesn't mean drawing without reference, in fact, being able to draw a stylized version of something from reference is pretty important. you seem to be working on that with faces with that recent post on your tumbly but try extending it to the entire figure as well. also if you aren't doing quick gestures you should be working on that, helps with internalizing ways to quickly and efficiently internalize and reduce the human figure. and don't forget about legibility, also composition, tho hopefully they'll be teaching you that there, but having some bits in your sketchbook showing that you're already thinking about it an experimenting can help you a lot

also just remembered that you should have some animals in your portfolio as well. horses, dogs and cats are some go to ones that you'll more than likely need to be able to draw in some capacity if you want to work in animation but be sure to throw in some varied species, this is a thing i see many people forget.

apologies if you read all this if you're tryin to get into a different department lol
also good luck on learning french if you haven't done that already cause i hate that language
>>
>>3127646
this was extremely helpful. i've been thinking a lot that I need to stylise and abstract, but it's good to have someone else come in and point it out. thank you, anon.
>>
>>3127620
don't you need to speak French to go there?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.