[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get followers on social media? I've been drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: jkgkjgjhgj.jpg (51KB, 291x331px) Image search: [Google]
jkgkjgjhgj.jpg
51KB, 291x331px
How do you get followers on social media? I've been drawing for years and I only got 50 the most.
>>
>>3127440
Why don't you ask Maldraw?
>>
post in popular hashtags, draw fanart, draw popular people's ocs, network
>>
>>3127440
pretty sure these followers are actually ironic or bots or some shit, his patreon has 5 donators, he hides the amount they pledge tho
>>
>>3127440
you can buy twitter followers and even set up a macro to follow others and unfollow them the next day in hopes that they don't notice
>>
whats going on in this thread?
whos the guy in the op pic?
>>
>>3127440
>its real
dayum maldraw what did you do
>>
>>3127440
Imo the best way to get followers and exposure is by following these guidelines:
- be prolific (upload constantly, I'd say at least 3-4 times per week, or more if it's possible)
- make fanart (if you have good skills, you can make it with OC as well, but if it's exposure and reblogs/retweets that you're looking for, then fanart is the way to go)
- have a consistent style
- have good art
>>
>>3127538
Some shitposter who used to ruin threads on /pol/ and /ic/ and drawthreads in /a/, /v/, /co/, etc

He got his followers by trolling /pol/tards and participating in politics trends on twitter.
>>
The guy in the OP is just an /beg/ggar tier drafter who uses political shitposting, trolling and drama to bring attention to himself in hopes he'll get money out of it.
I could understand it if he was good, but not getting the attention he deserves, but seeing his level of aptitude for the craft, I find it plain funny and sad. He would be better off investing all the time in shitty marketing, in actually increasing his drawing skills.
>>
>>3127440
First is to have good art. Make sure you have your best tweet pinned. Then follow and interact with artists u like. I've been followed back by norasuko, slugbox, and erotibot shortly after following them.

If you then get retweeted by them you'll instantly get more followers
>>
Maybe if you werent a trump loving dick lord people would follow you.
>>
>>3129779
Trump is GOOD, redart!
>>
>>3127440
you're not good enough. post work
>>
File: 05082015522.jpg (285KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
05082015522.jpg
285KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: 1504639230853.jpg (399KB, 1468x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1504639230853.jpg
399KB, 1468x1944px
>>3129176
Nah his art is pretty good. People dont know him because of his art tho.
>>
>>3129886
Looks like any other /beg/ artist to me.
>>
File: 1503306272183.jpg (155KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1503306272183.jpg
155KB, 1462x1462px
>>3129886
>Nah his art is pretty good.
>>
>>3127440
Developing a following from being good at what you do is far more satisfying than from being good at gaming the system.
>>
>>3127451
or he does have that many followers, just none of them give enough of a shit about him to actually support him.
>>
>>3129900
Having that many followers but almost no likes or retweets on any of his posts raises a few flags.
>>
>>3129907

It's pretty obvious he's someone just shitposting to bring attention to himself and grow that way. I figure, in the hopes of getting an easy path into patreon money without actually fucking skills.
>>
>>3127440
That's not a large following at all. It was probably just some skank in highschool that converted their personal account into a drawing account. Honestly you are probably just lazy. Post everyday and do fanart, ok k.o is becoming a big thing now so do fanart of that.
>>
>>3127440
>studying is hard
>art sucks
Stop making these threads. Bitching about your personal problems doesn't belong here.
>>
>>3128833
he went to /pol/ to try and sway opinion. didnt work out too well and a bunch of them made nazi edits of his stuff which became more popular than the originals.
>>
>>3127440
>90% of followers are blank avatar accounts with a name + following numbers (@alex7745762, etc)
Really makes you think...
>>
>>3127538
stfu you shit.
>>
>>3131271
You're thinking of Ben Garrison here. Maldraw is a little weirdo from Malaysia who has always tried to pander to /pol/ with his edgy racist comic and /pol/ got tired of his shilling.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 299x267px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 299x267px
Not even trying
>>
Let me help you out with a breakdown, but you will have to take this seriously. I started posting in January and have made 6000+ followers since then.

What you're doing is marketing your art, which is your "content," your "product." You have to sell it, and this takes some decisions. I waited to start an ig for the longest time because I wanted to make sure my art was developed enough in a way I like and knew would sell. This will all depend on what you like to draw, and how those who like that stuff will respond. This is knowing your audience. Think of how many artists are trapped in fanart hell because they became dependent on that, and no one gives a shit about their real personal art. But make sure you're drawing what you like, or you'll feel forced.

Now social media is about socializing. You have to develop at least a small following of friends who will support you mutually, to give you rapport. Instagram's algorithms for your visibility is also dependent on how engaged you are with the app and your followers involvement with you, this is called your clout score. It's best to be on as many platforms as possible, and there are apps that help you multipost. You got to put that work in at least.

Some tips: Go into the tags you like, and follow folks (you can always unfollow in the future) and comment on their art. Socializing, remember. Try to be sincere, and imply that you are also an artist so they check you out. Don't say it like *please check out my xxx* because that comes off as fucking lame. Make it a mission, 10 comments 50 likes in 1 hour or something like that.

Don't know who to follow? Find artists you like, or those with a similar style to you, and explore who they are following/their followers. Just go on a fucking spree.

Submit to galleries and get featured. If you make fanart, get involved with fan accounts. If you draw only in ink, their are accounts dedicated to that. Use tags properly and as much as you can that doesn't come off as annoying.
>>
>>3132409
Post everyday. If you can't, at least put something on your story or make something people can react to. Most people are followers and not individuals, and will be attracted to those with personalities.

See what successful people are doing and try to emulate them. You want to control your following to follower ratio too. I know that sounds shallow as fuck, but a lot of people associate it with being like a celebrity or whatever.

You can also do something I like putting on a front. Let's say you have 2500 followers and average 300 likes or retweets. Now that's not that much of a stretch for someone with 3500 followers either. Feel free to buy small numbers of fake followers, as long as 1. they don't all unfollow at a fast rate 2. it seems authentic. Even if you make great art, if you only have 250 followers, people will think you don't care that much, or they're not missing out on much. But keep in mind, people will also be turned off if you have 10k followers but only get 90 likes on a post. That makes you come off as fake or desperate. You want to be authentic, someone worth liking. You will be the judge of whether your art gets that kind of credit.

I think that's all I got for now. Make sure to set goals and commit to keeping them, or you will get burnt out. It isn't easy, but it is easier than ever. Let me know if you have any other questions.
>>
>>3132409
Do people bother using tags on Twitter? The artists I follow don't usually use them.

Socializing is the best tip. Saw someone that had 3k followers jump to 8k in a month just because they started socializing more, following artists with similiar interests and commenting on their art.
>>
>>3132425
Tags are useless on Twitter. Just skip that shit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.