[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saved 200€ pocket money. What tablet should i get. A cheap

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 51PeoT3zpML._SL1500_.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51PeoT3zpML._SL1500_.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
I saved 200€ pocket money. What tablet should i get. A cheap xt star pen or huion? Or keep saving for a wacom .its gonna be my first tablet so wich one?
>>
>>3126697
>First tablet
I'd recommend not a screen one.
>Wacom
Eh. You're just paying for the branding, the hardware itself isn't much better, if you don't mind charging your pen twice a year.
>Xp-pen / huion
I've had two tablets from them and it's been nothing but pleasure, but I can't speak for Xp-pen.
XP-pen star 06 and huion New 1060plus is what I'd be deciding between. Either of those should be a good choice.
>>
>>3126707
*had two tablets from Huion
>>
>>3126697
Wacom tablets are GOOD, but aren't worth the price as a first tablet. XP-Pen I heard was good. I had the Huion H610 Pro which was good (albeit annoying drivers).
>>
For my first tablet I bought the Huion Giano for like $160 I think, and I'm happy with it. It does everything I wanted from a tablet and it wasn't such a costly investment. Godspeed senpai.
>>
Wacom Bamboo is a great starting tablet. I've been using Wacom since the beginning and the newer bamboo models are pretty great for a beginner and a good price. My Wacom Intuos Pro is probably the best investment I've ever made, but it's a lot more expensive and it was my third tablet.

I've never used Huion but I've heard fairly good things.
>>
>>3126697
Just save a bit more and get a wacom. You don't have to charge the pens and they're DURABLE. I had mine for over 10 years before giving it away, and got the exact same model just bigger (and used) - and now it's been 2 years and still going on.
>>
>>3127473
Is charging your pen every couple of months worth that much extra?
Huion New 1060plus - $ 89
Wacom intuo pro M - $ 349

Talk about getting meme'd.
>>
I bought WH1409. It's a large motherfucker size on par with Cintiqs and costs less than 200 eurodollars. I'd honestly recommend it over any other beginner tablet.

For Wacom you're paying for empty air, it's even stated in the sticky.

>>3127469
You say it's great for beginners but you don't know better. With small tablet you're restricted to drawing from your wrist and if you do that you'll be stuck drawing like a child. I take that from experience and having gone through two Wacom Smalls.
>>
Just dont be a retard and get a Wacom.
>>
>>3126707
>I'd recommend not a screen one.
Why?
>>
>>3127587
Same reason you should start with traditional before digital, fundamentals before photobashing, perspective theory before 3D programs, cheap violin before Stradivari.

If you're a beginner, don't invest too much. Learn to do things the old fashioned way and when you do get an upgrade, you'll appreciate it more.
>>
>>3127650
But isn't a screen less tablet harder to draw on than the other methods?
I've only used one to write a signature, but I felt I was going blindly like trying to write with my eyes closed.
Am I missing something?
>>
My Wacom Bamboo is functional and has lasted me for about 8 years now. Plus, I don't need to charge the pen. Cost me $100 dollarydoos.
>>
>>3127655
Signature pads are awful, no discussion there.
Screen tablets make for an easier transition from traditional, but beginners easily get the assumption that the expensive tablet will somehow do the work for you.

Don't get distracted by anything, just get a hardware good enough for you not to have any excuses.
>>
>>3126697
i bought a gaomon m10k earlier this week and it seems nice, a lot better than my old intuos art pen and touch, maybe get a huion new 1060 plus
>>
>>3127742
Isn't it very hard to draw while looking at the computer screen?
Like, wouldn't it be almost like drawing blindfolded?
How do you know where to put your pencil if you don't have the drawing visible under it?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm having trouble imagining myself drawing on a screenless tablet.
>>
>>3128024
That's the feeling you have when you pick the pen tablet for the first time, yes.
The cool thing about human brain is that after getting accustomed to a new tool, it stops thinking of it as a tool and instead thinks of it as a part of your body. Like when you're writing, your brain would probably define your hand as a palm with six fingers attached to it, one of which leaves an ink trace.

Same thing with graphics tablet. After a couple months of usage, you can feel where your hand is on the screen. Not to mention you always keep the pen close to the surface during a drawing session.
>>
>>3128024
The pen is picked up like your mouse would be when its hovering over the tablet, so you can see where you're drawing before you draw it.
>>
Recently copped a secondhand Wacom Intuous Pro Medium for 150$. Previous owner said he used it 3 times. Works great.
>>
>>3128024
I had one for awhile and hated it, some people can adapt and get used to it, but I personally didn't like it.
>>
>>3128033
>>3128340
>>3128639
Ah, I understand now, thank you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.