[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes we'll have guest teachers who'll come in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ol1wbrQmWe1u8pg83o1_1280.jpg (154KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol1wbrQmWe1u8pg83o1_1280.jpg
154KB, 640x633px
Sometimes we'll have guest teachers who'll come in and give lectures. Usually these are retired industry professionals, like Disney animators, with a successful career behind them.

Is it worth sharing your work with them in hopes of making some kind of connection in the industry? Or are they sick of shitty art students sharing their work with them? Would they still have some kind of foot in the industry despite being retired?
>>
Most of the time they won't have much connections left with the industry but it's still a good thing to put on your resume that u were best buddies with the guy that animated X famous thing..

As for whether they're bored of students showing their works or not that entirely depends on the person.
>>
>>3126413

If they are coming to your fucking ART SCHOOL then why the hell is this even a question. imo ask if they could take a look at your work and give you feedback. That way you don't come off as a value leech.
>>
If they're successful like you say, do you not think they had to hustle to get where they were? I'm sure they would respect you enough to help if you tell them straight up that you're trying to make you're way into the industry.

Opportunity finds those who make the effort.
>>
>>3126413
ask them nicely if they will critique your portfolio, if they have the time. ask them about themselves, people love talking about themselves. you will probably get some good advice, but an industry connection is unlikely as you're just another hungry face in the crowd to them
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.