[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could anyone help with the sword hand (& anything else)?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

Could anyone help with the sword hand (& anything else)?

Trying to do a League of Angels Applibot type thing.
>>
>>3125116
make it bigger
>>
>>3125120
How about angle & height? I can't seem to get the arm right.
>>
>>3125132
forget the angle and height, just make it more bigger.
>>
File: angeloverpaint.jpg (355KB, 547x773px) Image search: [Google]
angeloverpaint.jpg
355KB, 547x773px
>>3125116

She holds the sword like my grandpa holds my dick. I suggest going for more dynamic perspective and a lot of foreshortening, they love that kind of stuff. And try to figure out what action she is supposed to be doing. Use reference for sword fighting etc. Not saying my pose is perfect but could give you some ideas
>>
>>3125179
Holy crap thats good - thanks based anon. (I'm planning on putting clothes on btw!)
>>
>>3125199

You're welcome, one further thought about the pose - I put her in a sort of lunging stance that is typical in martial arts (and is found everywhere in fantasy art/comics) and makes her look more warrior like. You on the other hand appear to have her legs straight, almost as if she is floating down from heaven which gives a more serene and divine impression.

You could perhaps combine the both, have her point the sword but stand more straight and "angel like". All depends on what you want to achieve
>>
>>3125179
Good anon! Nice to see some decent help. Perhaps this place IS for more than procrastination.
>>
>>3125179
that looks so fucking smooth. whats the reason of the bottom side being so light tho? Sun coming from the left side?
>>
>>3125204
Yeah I considered that with the legs - I probably will go for the floating down from heaven vibe, although I like what you've done with them.
>>
>>3125324
Bottom side of the sword or the body? I think the sword's catching the sun. For the body I used a ref off the ref thread here & it has two light sources, I probably need to re-sort my values.
>>
>>3125335

who dat artist?
>>
>>3125116
looks like what chunbum thinks he's painting
>>
>>3125611
I cannot find the answer to that anywhere.

>>3125621
Who's he? Post pics
>>
They've got a fan art competition on at the moment. 'til 12th September
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.