[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i figure i have nothing to lose by making a thread. can i please

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: rem.jpg (118KB, 685x900px) Image search: [Google]
rem.jpg
118KB, 685x900px
i figure i have nothing to lose by making a thread. can i please have long constructive critique on this? especially on what i'm lacking with clothes, edges and values. I want to improve. this is a practice that took about 7 hours, it's also meant to be pretty stylized. reference was used but mainly for the pose and clothing.
>>
>>3123872
>blurred out the broken wrist.
>>
its ok
>>
>>3123872
your first mistake is drawing something from last years overrated craze and by overrated I mean that as an understatement
>>
>>3123872
Not bad, assuming you actually drew/prainted this

sadly I have to agree with >>3123878 AND >>3123963 but personal bias aside the hand does seem like it needs to be higher if she's reaching toward the viewer the bottom half of the image being blurred looks fucking dumb and not the way vision works at all unless this is a WIP
>>
>>3123975
why wouldn't I have painted this? it's not a WIP, it's just a daily practice thing for today that I don't plan on posting to my blog. The blur wasn't intended to look like vision distortion, I just lost interest in painting the lower half so I blurred out the rough look of it. again it doesn't matter since it's just practice.
>>
>>3123872
I actually really like this, just please don't blur out half of the image. It looks fucking retarded.
>>
>>3123872
good skintones, anon
and i like subject matter, you're a bro
you may want to improve your painting process, 7 hours is too long for practice
you want to do rough thumbnails and choose the one you want to spend 7 hours on or more
>>
>>3123872
Her facial features and the angle of the head don't quite match up.
>>
>>3124319
>kruger pitches in and no redline
>>
>>3123872

Did you start with soft brush for the overall silhouette then add in the details?
>>
blog???
>>
>>3123872
Facial skin color looks corpse like compared to the rest.
>>
beautiful.
>>
>>3124320
dumbass
the jaw and chin is slightly tilted down to the right
Just look at the jaw and how the ear connects to the jaw (also ear seems wrong) and compare hear right jawline with the left one.
>>
The rendering of the cotton fabric on the chest looks great; in the other parts they look uncomfortably smudgy. Then again, I don't paint so that's the extend of my honest opinion.
>>
>>3123963
I hated it too, but bringing that beef to /ic/ just makes you look like a bitch
>>
>>3124312
>7 hours is too long for practice
what?? the more hours put into practice, the better. especially when you're getting the hang of something or experimenting.
>>
>>3124689
you'll just get into a habit of being slow and lazy. work on speed and you'll accomplish a lot more in the same timeframe (don't focus on detail too early on)
or do what whatever works for you, everyone's different
>>
literally 99.9% of ic isnt even anywhere near op's level. all they can do is offer dunning kruger nitpicky advice and try to play it down like these idiots
>>3123878
>>3123961
>>3123963
>>3124319
>>
>>3124741
meh I will be eventually
>>
>>3124741
Why do you think every time a regular becomes a pro they leave and never come back? This place is only useful for complete beginners (some of the time) because most users will be above you and in the position to offer you useful critique. But once you pass that, it's nothing but the usual jealousy, nit picking, and anons who only want to try to toot their own horns with unqualified critiques.

/ic/ has driven out so many good people this way, teal line guy comes to mind.
>>
>>3124759
for the last fucking time teal never left he posts here still and none of you seem to notice
>>
>>3124794
Post a screenshot of his last post. I haven't seen that nigga in a good minute. Also, does he have a blog?
>>
>>3124795

the last time I saw him redline something was about 3 months ago I think but it'll be impossible for me to find that in the archive because I don't have any keywords I can remember

but it was a redline of a face

and also he posted in the "style meme" thread before..before it became a general
>>
>>3124808
oh and yeah he does have a blog...2 actually
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.