[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are dunning kruger artists so obsessed with buying really

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1503343032531.jpg (6KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
1503343032531.jpg
6KB, 208x243px
Why are dunning kruger artists so obsessed with buying really over priced art supplies?
The other day I over heard a couple of them talking about paper imported from Japan that they bought that costs like $4 for a huge sheet of it.
And here I am drawing in an old beaten up composition notebook with a cheap mechanical pencil.
>>
>>3123078
this is not good bait
>>
>>3123078
They think it will make their art better.
>>
>>3123087
What makes you think its bait?
>>
>>3123078
Not you though OP. You're one of the good ones.
>>
japanese paper is not a meme you rotted-mre-eating piece of cat shit.
>>
>>3124571
>japanese paper is not a meme

Explain this.
>>
>>3123078
They probably have real jobs and don't give a shit about the price.
>>
>>3124571
t. retard that buys paper from Japan
>>
File: fabrianoquadratojournal.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fabrianoquadratojournal.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>3123078
You don't have to use expensive material to produce good art, but having good materials is nice. Either way, if you aren't serious about putting in the time, what you make won't be quality.
>>
>>3123078
Seems pointless for doing some gesture sketches but if you try to do a detailed drawing that takes tens or even hundreds of hours the price seems negligible in comparison to the time spent. Different paper definitely makes a difference in things like the amount of detail you can add.
>>
>>3123078
>look at my new copics tumblr !! XD
>draws a sphere and some shading
That meme was so fucking dumb
>>
>>3123078
>hear other artists who are very likely better than you discussing their craft
>your inner retard kicks in so instead of approaching them and asking why the paper is worth the investment you wait till later that night to cry your ignorance out to strangers on the internet.
>invokes the dunning memegetter to insult these other people
>is in so deep up his own ass he can't see the dunning meme shit applies to himself
>implying this story isn't pure fiction
>>
>>3128442
>likely better than you

Nope. They all actually suck. I've seen their work.
>>
>>3128507
Prove it
>>
>>3123078
It's a form of larping, I guess? When I was in school, we didn't have the internet, so you got a list from the teacher, went to the local art supply store, and bought what was on the list. You used what you had. If you ran out, your friends would loan you. Hell, some of my teachers sold paper and pencils under the tables, if you forgot yours, and loaned stuff to broke students.

I guess they spend more time researching "the best" materials, and think that time spent makes them level with people who are actually trying to do art?

Most artists, once they start approaching pro levels, will invest in better materials. When you're a student, just use what you have. Showing off a Copic collection just shows you can spend money - let me see your work, I don't give a rat's ass what you used.
>>
>>3128647
heard this one at my local art supply store
>real artists don't waste time with inferior materials
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.