[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any hope for me as an artist? Is there any hope

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2690.jpg (1MB, 3262x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2690.jpg
1MB, 3262x2304px
Is there any hope for me as an artist?

Is there any hope for my painting
>>
If you love doing it, yes. If you kind of like it but after a few hours it's boring, no.
>>
>>3122890
I really like it when I'm on adderall. How does that equate
>>
>>3122890
When I'm not on adderall I stay away because I think my work sucks and takes too much effort
>>
>>3122891
No idea, to be honest. I'll assume you were working from a photo and that it's your first painting. If you weren't working from a photo then you have a good sense of composition for a beginner. You are a novice with paint, although you managed to mix some reasonable earth tones so that implies some facility. You need to love it or it won't work. It takes years to get good, if you don't love it but force yourself to keep going you'll just drive yourself to depression like half the people on /ic/.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3122896
Worked off a photo. I think most people start from either sketching or painting many a photo or live scene. Then they're able to paint from memory. Is this true?

I love it when I'm on adderall. I love the idea of painting while sober. What do you make of that?

Can you tell what kind of paint I used ?

Here's another of my works
>>
File: IMG_2691.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2691.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3122903
Nnnf
>>
>>3122903
>I think most people start from either sketching or painting many a photo or live scene. Then they're able to paint from memory. Is this true?
Working from photos in the beginning is quite common, yeh. It's what I did. The skills involved in painting from a photo and painting from memory are somewhat transferable, yes, but being able to paint from a photo is definitely not sufficient for being able to paint from memory.

>I love it when I'm on adderall. I love the idea of painting while sober. What do you make of that?
Loving the idea of art-making doesn't count for much. All kinds of ideas can be romantic and seductive. You need to actually involve the physical activity, though. That's the only thing that will keep you going for years on end.

Looks like acrylic.
>>
It's good.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.