[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see my art as the only thing that is worth anything in my life.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1501589294080.png (22KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1501589294080.png
22KB, 633x758px
I see my art as the only thing that is worth anything in my life. Without art I see myself as a completely worthless person and the problem occurs when my art doesn't get as much views or likes as I would like it to get. I feel like complete trash after that and basically want to end myself, how can I deal with this? It's a deep rooted issue but I have to start somewhere, I can't live my life thinking of myself this way if I want to create anything (as we know, creating requires mental energy).

I won't post my art because it's more of a psychological problem and it doesn't matter how I draw - in the end the issue would stay no matter the skills.
>>
>>3120578
>I won't post my art
post your art
>>
>>3120578
Draw fan art, tag it, and even if it doesn't get any likes you contributed to the fandom. One day someone will find it and then find you. Think of it as throwing a bottle with a note in it out in the sea.
>>
>>3120578
To gain followers for your art, start by creating fan art to gain an easy audience while befriending other creators; suck their dicks to gain shout outs and free advertising.

If it's a matter of skill, then just simply keep practicing and get critiques and guides from /ic/.
>>
>>3120578
Are you a perfectionist?

I went all in on art almost 5 years ago, with some sort of mad intensity. I would grind all day every day and I got a LOT better over the years, but making finished pieces became progressively more stressful because of the insanely high bar I set for myself, until a couple months ago I could barely do anything.

Last month I deleted my art blog and decidedd to take an indefinite break from posting online and viewing other art. My psychiatrist says I'm basically running against the same wall over and over because the wall is too high, and we're going to work on having me accept to have lower stakes. Maybe it just isn't time for your art to be so positively received and that's okay.
>>
>>3120578
You need therapy, not art gains. Get your head together, then worry about art.

I paint, because I paint. It doesn't matter how many people see it. You're projecting deeper issues onto this, you need professional help.

NOT kidding.
>>
>>3120591
I am a perfectionist to some degree, I am trying my best with concepts I am familiar with and I can accept failures if I am learning something new. I have very high ambitions because I feel like I deserve it but at the same time I am so far away from the end game that it might be something like you said with too high wall. I don't know, I was always thinking that if I lower my standards, I basically accept that I won't become a person I want to be, it's so fucking hard to achieve balance if you are over ambitious.
>>
>>3120578
how long do you spend on your pieces?

cut down the tine you spend and post the results. No time to worry or polish -- just churn some sketches/ thumbnails out and force yourself to post them regardless of quality. If you're worried about your internet cred, make a new account (but its better if you don't).

Just rip off the bandage senpai. I have the same problem but you have to realise nobody else cares about your perceived mistakes as much as you do
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 800x1083px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 800x1083px
>>3120578
You should begin exercising and getting plenty of sun. Read up on Bruce Lee's workouts and get a gym membership. Or something that might work better for you
>>
I was in therapy for a year. Dunno if it helped. My doubts grew, I felt mocked and judged by her. When I said want to be loved for me and not for the things I create, she acted like that's stupid.

Nowadays I make it so most of what I put online can't receive likes, comments, nor tracks views. That way I can't obsess about it and it can't get me down.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.