[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW THE FUCK DO I DRAW ON THIS ? I picked up my dusty tablet

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 51TJWpW%2BtgL._SY355_.jpg (13KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51TJWpW%2BtgL._SY355_.jpg
13KB, 355x355px
HOW THE FUCK DO I DRAW ON THIS ?
I picked up my dusty tablet and I just realised I can't draw on it.
It's fucking hard.
My lines are 10 times worse than my traditional ones and I don't have landmarks ("lineghosting" is near impossible)
Any tips on how to transition ?
>>
Just hover with the pen and you'll see where you are
>>
File: 1493912063213.jpg (175KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493912063213.jpg
175KB, 750x750px
>>3119126
Use it more. Thats literally it.

Also stop caring about what you make for the first few sketches. Find a natural position to draw with it (I put it on top of my keyboard, so it has an incline) and just draw boxes, circles, lines and other simple shit until they stop looking wobbly.
>>
sellotape a piece of paper on top, it will add more friction
>>
>>3119126
Draw more. You need to get used to it and it can take a long ass time.
Live gesture drawing helped me get used to drawing without looking where you've got your pen.
>>
>>3119126
Just practice, your brain makes and strengthens connections each second you use it.
>>
Does the program you use have a stabilization feature for brushes? I have rediculiously shaky hands and that helps a ton
>>
>>3119369
What if I'm retarded and my brain doesn't form new connections
>>
>>3119426
I don't think that's how it works.
>>
>>3119429
Well, I see you're perfectly able to write in english with punctuation and fine grammar; so I doubt you're retarded.

On the other hand: you are on 4chan.
>>
>>3119417
I use Photoshop and Clip Studio.
I prefer the PS environment but my strokes look like shit on it.
CPS has great stabilization but I hate the UI and I find the brushes kinda meh.
>>
>>3119426
Buy a tablet with a screen built in rather than a device you have to calibrate your brain to be able to use effectively.
>>
>>3119646
not everyone has that kinda money lying around.
>>
>>3119426
If you can use a mouse, you can use a tablet
>>
>>3119668
>>3119668
okay, peeps I need your tutorials, your intuos intro vids, your paint streams etc as soon as possible. I' 32 years old and my brain is losing precious neuroplasticity every second
>>
>>3119806
What kind of answer are you expecting to get? It's not rocket science, you draw with the pen on the tablet and the cursor on your screen draws on your canvas accordingly. You just have to practice more if this somehow is too difficult.
>>
>>3119815
Well, I couldn't figure out how to set the opacity of a brush. Also, how to use layers the right way and the overall process with sketching, coloring background etc. And then there's all the unknown unkowns. The things I didn't know I needed. I thought maybe there was a couple of go-to-vids for beginners.
>>
>>3119126
I taped a piece of paper on mine. Plastic on plastic feels terrible to draw on. Literally can't use a tablet without a piece of paper taped onto it.
>>
>>3120017
Enjoy running down the nib by creating friction.
Photoshop doesn't make it slippery anyway. Just SAI, Clipstudio paint.
>>
>>3120025
Nibs are cheap, I don't care. What do you mean by Photoshop doesn't make it slippery? Do you mean the inbuilt pen stabilizer in SAI and CSP make it feel slippery? I don't follow.
>>
As I'm trying to draw a tiny area, my intuos pen triggers the right click menu in photoshop. Very annoying, and I can't find where I turn this feature off. I'm thinking that the pen has a trigger when it rests long enough on the surface... But I'm not resting it, I'm just drawing very small. damn this.
>>
>>3120025
>Enjoy running down the nib by creating friction.
>Implying friction goes away without the use of the paper.

Stay stupid, /ic/.
>>
>>3119126
You don't. Drawing on a tablet is always a different experience to real paper and you'll just have to adapt to the downsides of the tablet.
>>
>>3119126
You have to draw on it. A lot.

Have you used a tablet for work before?
It takes getting used to, a few months usually. Be patient, you're basically learning a new skill.
>>
How many hours till I can stop hating every fucking thing I draw? Or will that shit haunt me forever until I die?
>>
>>3120442
They probably meant the nib running down faster than normal by putting paper on top of the tablet.
>>
File: file.png (529KB, 1789x1573px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
529KB, 1789x1573px
>>
>>3119126
don't look at your hand, look at the screen.
>>
File: file.png (418KB, 1435x1348px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
418KB, 1435x1348px
>>3121813
ha ha, yes
>>
The secret it's to activate Precision Mode.

https://youtu.be/L7iDSK4fEyE
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.